Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel’s Avengers (PS4, Xbox One, Stadia, PC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

There was no connection issues last week or email issues , my take on this is the hero missions are fun but the strike mission/online stuff is a load of robot rattling ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I only played the intro section so far. It stuttered a bit just before I controlled Thor and a bit more as Ironman. The voice acting is ok for the most part but the script is pretty by the numbers. The combat lacks a lot of weight for all of the characters, maybe its cause they are underlevelled but there isn't much impact. The audio when they hit an enemy only reflects it more and Captain America's shield sounds more like a bit an old bit of tin hitting enemies rather than a shield. Then flipping over enemies with shields felt cumbersome compared to the exact same thing I did with Batman 11 years ago. The bossfight with
    Taskmaster
    wasn't a great sign of things to come. Dodge heavily telegraphed attacks, shoot, lame hits and use a grappel gun that's iffy at best.
    After the opening you get a weird kinda low budget intro followed by you being put straight into a mission as Bruce Banner and someone who they never introduced.

So not a great first impression at all. I won't even mention being asked to create a Square Enix account.
    I kept thinking that at least its a Beta they have time to fix these things but its out in a month. If you were upset about Spider-man being a PS exclusive don't be as by the time he will show up I can't imagine many will still be playing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Well after all the great comments this game got I played about 4 hours of the beta and by lord was that BORING! I really wanted to like this. FFS.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Never brought into the hype of this, its looked like a load of crap since day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Maybe it's a game that's better with friends.

All games are better with friends. Digging a hole is better with friends. Having played this alone I can tell you its dogshít.

• Advertisement

Is this what they really thought the Marvel fans wanted? It's way too geeky, the hack of that villain people are talking about, Mordock? A face floating about! God I hope the films don't touch any of this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Greyfox

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Is this what they really thought the Marvel fans wanted?

The problem is even if the game is garbage it will still get plenty of sales from people who don't read reviews due to the Marvel name

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Is this what they really thought the Marvel fans wanted? It's way too geeky, the hack of that villain people are talking about, Mordock? A face floating about! God I hope the films don't touch any of this stuff.

No harm in playing up to the more cartoonish elements of the story as long as it's a quality gaming experience. Surprised by how shoddily put together it all sounds.

No harm in playing up to the more cartoonish elements of the story as long as it's a quality gaming experience. Surprised by how shoddily put together it all sounds.

I said the same on the Reddit and got banned for life, hahaha ffs lads take their games serious huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I said the same on the Reddit and got banned for life, hahaha ffs lads take their games serious huh?

Oul Reddit does not like its dissenting voices.

Are the missions character related? As in can I choose whoever I want to do a mission?

• Advertisement

Oul Reddit does not like its dissenting voices.

Are the missions character related? As in can I choose whoever I want to do a mission?

Yes you can pick who you like, that's how meh the game is, either way your spamming attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Honestly, if you said the same as the above they probably assumed you were trolling.

The characters name is MODOK and he's been around for over fifty years across a significant number of comics, cartoons and games. His design is definitely a bit more out there than some of the villains featured in the films so far but his inclusion in the game isn't massively surprising given his lineage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It also makes sense to feature an arch-villain the MCU hasn't seen (nor is likely to ever see).

gizmo wrote: »
    Honestly, if you said the same as the above they probably assumed you were trolling.

The characters name is MODOK and he's been around for over fifty years across a significant number of comics, cartoons and games. His design is definitely a bit more out there than some of the villains featured in the films so far but his inclusion in the game isn't massively surprising given his lineage.

As someone who doesn't like the comics I find him repulsive as a design, it annoys me haha. But yeah Reddit lads super sensitive me and another lad didn't like the game and commented our complaints.

They're talking over there like this is the second coming. It's ****e lads.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The Beta is open for all this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So only played the intro solo part up until you're on the heli carrier so I've not done the multiplayer mission yet so maybe that's different, but so far it's got too much narrow corridors/areas and little rooms. If you had missions like that with Black Widow or Hawkeye that'd be fine but it's all far too confined for the rest.

Varik wrote: »
    So only played the intro solo part up until you're on the heli carrier so I've not done the multiplayer mission yet so maybe that's different, but so far it's got too much narrow corridors/areas and little rooms. If you had missions like that with Black Widow or Hawkeye that'd be fine but it's all far too confined for the rest.

Yeah keep playing, it get's open but boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New playable character will be revealed during the next War table on September 1st which is also the same day deluxe edition and digital edition players can play the game

https://twitter.com/PlayAvenger/status/1298245643652259840?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dunno how legit this is but a ton of characters were found from data mining the beta.

https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/15-more-characters-uncovered-through-marvels-avengers-beta-data-mining/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

*crosses fingers for Squirrel Girl*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Dunno how legit this is but a ton of characters were found from data mining the beta.

https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/15-more-characters-uncovered-through-marvels-avengers-beta-data-mining/

Yeah that's been going around for the last week or so. It looks like they might be using echoes as in Kate Bishop would have same skills as Hawkeye but with different appearance. Same with Iron Man and War Machine

• Registered Users Posts: 33,287 ✭✭✭✭Penn

To be honest the game seems more and more like Marvel Super-Ultimate Alliance. Where most heroes will essentially be reskins of many others with some small variances, but ultimately there's so little difference in terms of who you pick for whatever missions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Pre-ordered last night, Im looking forward to this now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So there's some sort of battle pass for additional characters after launch. €10 for each pass as they cost 1000 in game credits and 500 credits is €5. They say you will get your credits back of you do all the unlocks,how about you give me my €10 back of i do all the unlocks:pac:

www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-08-29-every-post-launch-marvels-avengers-hero-will-have-its-own-usd10-battle-pass

EDIT: It seems the battlepass for each character is for for cosmetics for new characters and not the charcter itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Jesus the micro-transactions in this are like a bad free to play game.

They can say what they like but it's bs, we know it's either pay up or grind your life away.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,287 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I can actually see them changing their mtx/battlepass systems after a few months, due to backlash or lack of interest.

Who didn't see this coming in fairness

• Advertisement
Advertisement