Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Citizen (Thinly veiled 'How many Irish backing this?')

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I'd say there's 3 years at least of development left. So that'll be a whole decade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

Rob2D wrote: »
    I'd say there's 3 years at least of development left. So that'll be a whole decade.

Do you think it will be canceled in 3 years?
    I doubt it will come close to being a game they could sell and fund without crowdfunding.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

CryAstro repair services should now work normally without the need to hover prior to landing

3.9 out

yay

• Registered Users Posts: 30 AndrewTW

I started backing in 3.5 after playing the free fly event. I currently have the Anvil Carrack but my relationship with SC is complex, Depended on my mood of the day its either the greatest game or the greatest scam.:)

Freefly may 22 to June 1st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm sure you've seen the statement about the long overdue new roadmap?

Amusingly, the statement concludes with a roadmap, to uh, the new roadmap.
    While it’s not quite ready, it’s currently top priority on the web team’s current projects. In the immediate future, we plan to deliver the following communications:
    • Give an explanation of the goals of our new Roadmap and what to expect from it
    • Show a rough mockup of the proposed new Roadmap
    • Share a work in progress version of the Roadmap for at least one of our core teams
    • And then finally transition to this new Roadmap

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    I'm sure you've seen the statement about the long overdue new roadmap?

Amusingly, the statement concludes with a roadmap, to uh, the new roadmap.

:pac:

It's just trolling now for sure. There will be some weird Joaquin Phoenix movie released at Cannes shortly and it will be revealed there was never any game and this was some sort of art project about gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Anyway, v3.10 just went live. I played it in PTU and they really have improved the flight model, but they're also making the in-game economy harder.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

I paid real money for this "game" :D:D

Free fly starts today for 14 days.

• Advertisement

2 years I have this game and it has the same bug for 2 years.

2 years, I have uninstall the launcher and then redownload it and because the launcher doesnt really work finding the previously installed gamefiles I have to redownload the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

dreamers75 wrote: »
    2 years I have this game and it has the same bug for 2 years.

2 years, I have uninstall the launcher and then redownload it and because the launcher doesnt really work finding the previously installed gamefiles I have to redownload the game.

I would imagine at this point you'd describe it as a feature not a bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I would imagine at this point you'd describe it as a feature not a bug.

1p9swyg083161.jpg

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Combination of the latest patch and a 3080 and its running quite well now.

Free fly and invite a buddy for the next 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

I got this a few weeks ago but haven't played it much...

This game has truly created a new phenomenon - a game still in development after 10 years and $343 million of funding.

Mr. Tezza wrote: »
    I got this a few weeks ago but haven't played it much...

Try do the community goal for easy money and others on the server "should" help you.

New update out
    Looking for a sneak peek at what else 3.13 has in store for you? Look no further:
    FPS assassination contracts that lead deep underground into new cave systems that can now be navigated by vehicles

Ship missions that challenge couriers with transporting time- and quantum-sensitive cargo

An updated Reputation System that keeps track of your standing with various NPCs and factions

Visual improvements to planetary environments and ship shields

Ship-to-ship docking

Greycat ROC-DS and the Tumbril Cyclone MT

And more!

Sigh

Game runs like crap again (9900K Nvme 3080) was streaming it in discord and it went down to 2 fps.....2 ****ing fps with a 3080 and 9900k on 5ghz.....lol

my space bike on New babbage keeps spawning stuck to ceiling.

Ok so next update I be back.........

• Advertisement

Finally put a good few hours into this and played 30+ hours over the last week or so.

My opinion wont be news to anyone ( I own 2 ships the Starter Mustang and Avenger Titan, got them 3 years ago) so I have spent €100 on this "piece of software" I tried to gift it to somone and it didnt work so I ended out with 2 ships.

This "piece of software" is a ****ing scam, pure and simple. There may be a game at the end of it but it puts any other Pay to Win game to shame with its Pay to Win schenagigans, want a better ship buy it with real money!!!, I spent time in a Hammerhead over the weekend making money as turret gunner, the lad spent €400 to buy that ship then begged in discord for turret gunners, easy money for me so I obigled. I then via discord joined a group of mercs to wipe out a data centre, easy FPS type I assumed. I landed with them we grouped up I have my SMG and AR with plenty of ammo to take out whoever we needed to take out. Didnt matter one lad had a sniper rifle that when you shoot someone it electrifies everyone else (Thunderlord Destiny 2), he killed everyone. he paid €75 for that gun and I can never have it via in game play only way to get it is via money.

Game was running about as well as you would imagine with a I9 9900k and 3080 (30fps), I can get over that, its "alpha" All your **** will be deleted whenever they want, fine I can agree with that. Until I read its not fine, seemingly ppl selling in game money on ebay, you can buy any ship in game (but not that sniper rifle) with in game money so when there is an exploit they do a wipe, i was so close to a cutlass black.

Dont diss this game tho, the fans are mental and basically remind me of Shamrock Rovers fans, they literally see nothing wrong with a €400 ship and €75 sniper rifle playing their "alpha" in a universe with like 6 things to do(20 or so missions they rotate) but its basically 6 things. Because anyone like me who plays it and earns a ship will get it wiped cos i didnt pay for it with real money :confused:

Mine
    Bounty Hunt
    Delivery
    Mercenary Bounty Hunt
    Mercenary Delivery
    Investigate( go into a cave) applies to Mine also.

I want to believe this isnt a scam and tbh if you buy it 45 years or so from now when its released ,you will get a well made and well thought out game with thousands of possibilities for Casual and RPG type space game. I cant dismiss the sheer scope of this game, it is amazing to think how it will play.

But if you dont pay real money you wont enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Free Fly with 4 ships for the next week. A full wipe is planned with the next quarterly version, the first in quite a long time (2 years?)

I must not be a “real fan” since I would have a problem spending €400 on a ship, or even half that. I’ve enjoyed what there is for what it’s cost me. They aren’t getting any more out of me, but I think I’ll be just fine.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

I really want this game to be good but I just cant get over the fact Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen both entered crowdfunding in 2012 and yet here we are. One is a complete game with nothing to do anymore (1500 hours), 7 DLCs and the other is an alpha whereas looking at a stairs wrong can kill you.

3.15 was just released with a 2 week free fly, I played a fair bit and the new thing is a medical system and losing your **** on death, I dont mind that in fairness I play survival games all the time so you die you lose **** but implementing it in a game where in the last 7 days I have been killed by:

Doors 3

Stairs 7

Exiting ship 2

And this??? several times https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNw2wsurBqA

I have no issue adding a lose your **** on death feature but when you die like that 7 times, maybe turn that feature off until later? You have to buy all your personal weapons and armour etc again, annoying. Personal weapons can only be bought on planets (except Grim hex) and it takes 6 DARTS/Buses to get to them. I did a bunker mission and took about an hour looting every single dead guy for everything and that **** above happened just as I exited the atmosphere, I thought I was smart $cam Citi$en thought otherwise.

Game made 21 million in November its highest ever total due to the Odyssey ship being added (it ranges from €700 to €1000 depending on package).

Some people may say that its fine releasing a new fully working ship every other month (there are over 100 ) when you are 7 years behind schedule is fine as they are fans. I just want to play a space game :(

This thread was started in 2013............

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I got a crimestat for running over my own corpse.

The free fly tempted me in just to try things and while trying one I died so I went to retrieve my gear from my body which I did with my fresh new clone. And I was happily leaving when I basically flew my spaceship through my own corpse

felony crimestat too so, no paying off a fine, has to do the whole hacking mini quest from grim hex to clear my name. Discovered that security post Kesah is a genuine goldmine of weapons and ammo so geared up heavily. Was feeling quite happy leaving, stopped over at port Ollisar and fender bendered another ship by accident, got a crimestat again and got blown away by another player, got sent to prison :(

Released an hour later, go back to port, get out the big hercules as I wanted to try it before free week is over and I'm barely out of the hanger when I pick up another crime stat because the ships huge ass knocked off one of the station guns.

Run over to grim hex as not a felony this time so just paid the fine and I go to leave and I get stuck in the elevator.

It can be fun stories but when so many of them end with "And then the game bugged out" it does damper things a bit.

At least you aware of your crimestat, I had a 16k fine and I have no idea how, i am a DHL dude in space :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Tonights bullshit 😁

Tbh I found the 1st part funny as I have grown to accept it, I would just ask someone on the server to save or kill me.

Next part is missing a bit where I reload my AR (the one I take out on the ship) 7 times and it keeps putting the empty mag back, So I had to run away switch to SMG the next part happened on the way back, I am 100% sure i nailed teleportie dude.

So back in the fridge it goes until 3.16

Annoying part was it was my 2nd Bunker and I had looted the **** out of the bodies on the 1st one (FYI you should do that because of the losing **** thing) so my ship was well stocked with personal weapons and armour and ammo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I wonder if the new single player game 'Starfield' could actually kill off interest in the Squadron 42 mode (if it ever gets made)

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

I'd imagine Starfield is catering to a very different audience, even though the theme and setting might be similar.

• Advertisement

Curiosity got the better of me so I got the cheapest package for €45 to check it out. I had more than the recommended system requirements. I managed to get max 13 FPS at the lowest game settings. I could barely leave my room. 😄

I requested a refund.

Advertisement