Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Immelman wrote: »
    Rang Gls again today. They confirmed my package was lost and couldn’t be found Limerick depot. Advised me to contact the consignor where the fun will start. Have already sent eglobal an email that I received from Gls indicating item missing and I had paid for insured shipping. Should I wait a few day for eglobal to respond or go straight to PayPal?

open a case immediately with paypal, you will have about 2 weeks before you need to escalate

try get GLS to confirm by email that the package is lost & save as a pdf.
    save all other contact with eglobal as PDFs - you may need it for claiming your refund as this will be proof you have not received it.

in fact, save anything to do with your order

before you raise it with paypal.. create a new folder on your pc for all the docs

state your case with paypal as clearly as possible.
    If you do get the email from GLS referring to it several times, phonecall may not be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Immelman

Have done so this evening thank you for the advice will keep you posted

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

I have only seen this tread. I bought a camera and lens for over 2k than I saw all this bad press. I payed with PayPal but have noticed it has not been deducted from visa card yet. Is this normal can I stop payment or take the chance and if it does not work make a claim with PayPal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

blowin3 wrote: »
    I have only seen this tread. I bought a camera and lens for over 2k than I saw all this bad press. I payed with PayPal but have noticed it has not been deducted from visa card yet. Is this normal can I stop payment or take the chance and if it does not work make a claim with PayPal?

It's takes a while officially for it to show up on your bank account, AFAIK you've made a contract /agreement with eglobal to purchase, if it was me and I was worried /unhappy with I'd contact my bank ASAP
    Regarding PayPal dispute etc you can't make a claim until after purchase and only if you meet the criteria to open a dispute via PP
    You have a valid reason for this ie wrong description
    No delivery
    Damaged
    Never arrived

On a positive note eglobal mostly do deliver, but are v late, communication is fire, and sometimes they take your money even though goods aren't in stock
    Tbf most ppl waiting on camera equipment etc get it

It's takes a while officially for it to show up on your bank account, AFAIK you've made a contract /agreement with eglobal to purchase, if it was me and I was worried /unhappy with I'd contact my bank ASAP
    Regarding PayPal dispute etc you can't make a claim until after purchase and only if you meet the criteria to open a dispute via PP
    You have a valid reason for this ie wrong description
    No delivery
    Damaged
    Never arrived

On a positive note eglobal mostly do deliver, but are v late, communication is fire, and sometimes they take your money even though goods aren't in stock
    Tbf most ppl waiting on camera equipment etc get it

Thanks corks I suppose the best bet is to hold on and see what happens and give it maybe 3 weeks. I just feel stupid that I did not research the company it just looks so legit.

• Advertisement

Thanks corks I suppose the best bet is to hold on and see what happens and give it maybe 3 weeks. I just feel stupid that I did not research the company it just looks so legit.

I got caught myself boy, don't give up, they're awful for communication etc, I'll never again buy off them, and actually spent an extra e150 locally than order off them last time, hope all goes well, keep all here informed Pls

Opened a case with PayPal just checked my order status on eGlobal and it is now saying ‘PayPal Reversed’ hoping that means money coming back? In fairness if that is the case I’m happy and the fact that the courier lost the package a quick resolution from eglobal. However will reserve final judgement until money back in my account

Opened a case with PayPal just checked my order status on eGlobal and it is now saying ‘PayPal Reversed’ hoping that means money coming back? In fairness if that is the case I’m happy and the fact that the courier lost the package a quick resolution from eglobal. However will reserve final judgement until money back in my account

Yes a week or so you'll get it back, took about 7/10 days for me - - - - - - no more eglobal?

Yup too many variables but at least resolved. Thanks for the help much appreciated

Yup too many variables but at least resolved. Thanks for the help much appreciated

Great place this forum for advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

On day 12 of " 222021-01-07We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible."

Obviously no update on the GLS site either :mad:

To follow up on this.

Turns out I was refunded on the 27th of December and only realized it yesterday.

Ordered the 11th.
    Shipped on 17th.
    Refunded on the 27TH.

I paid for it using a gift card from Work so It wasn't my normal bank card hence why I didn't notice the refund sooner!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I've used eGlobal for years and never had any issues with them, I've ordered numerous phones and just received my iPhone 12:

Ordered on 06/01/21
    Picked on 11/01/21
    Dispatched 14/01/21
    Delivered 21/01/21

Orders do occasionally go missing, from any seller (Amazon, eBay etc.), but can't really blame eGlobal for that. Years ago buying my HTC One M8, after I ordered it, they confirmed the colour I wanted was out of stock and refunded me the money straight away, they emailed two weeks later to let me know it was back in stock.

Still awaiting my refund and f all comms from eglobal

Still awaiting my refund and f all comms from eglobal

They're a shambles

Now I got this update a new tracking number that transfers me to DPD and the following message on DPD site. Is this legit or just a way of keeping me cool?

Time DPD parcel centre Parcel status
    20.01.2021 08:15 DPD data centre
    Order information has been transmitted to DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 javiercarrillo

Now I got this update a new tracking number that transfers me to DPD and the following message on DPD site. Is this legit or just a way of keeping me cool?

Time DPD parcel centre Parcel status

If it makes you feel better, we are in the same boat. I also ordered on the same day, camera equipment for about the same value, also paid with PP and, like you, the only update I've seen so far is that the pickup info (no the parcel itself) has been sent to GLS. OMG, your name is not Javier too, is it? haha

I'm not worried just yet (since people seem to say that they do deliver, even if it takes forever), but I'm keeping an eye anyway.

If it makes you feel better, we are in the same boat. I also ordered on the same day, camera equipment for about the same value, also paid with PP and, like you, the only update I've seen so far is that the pickup info (no the parcel itself) has been sent to GLS. OMG, your name is not Javier too, is it? haha

I'm not worried just yet (since people seem to say that they do deliver, even if it takes forever), but I'm keeping an eye anyway.

I am a little worried but like you must wait. But if by next week noting concert but updates I will put in a claim with PP not worth taking chance with 2k.

I am a little worried but like you must wait. But if by next week noting concert but updates I will put in a claim with PP not worth taking chance with 2k.

Same here. I am waiting until next week and after that I will put in a claim with PP too.

Same here. I am waiting until next week and after that I will put in a claim with PP too.
    Things are looking good its in the DPD system :)

Date Time City Parcel status
    27.01.2021 02:22 Puurs (BE)
    In transit.
    26.01.2021 15:30 Mechelen (BE)
    In transit.

Things are looking good its in the DPD system :)

Date Time City Parcel status
    27.01.2021 02:22 Puurs (BE)
    In transit.
    26.01.2021 15:30 Mechelen (BE)
    In transit.

Yeah, same here too. According to GLS' website, parcel is now in France and on its way here :)

27/01/2021 05:22 The parcel has reached the parcel center. France CARVIN
    27/01/2021 05:22 The parcel has left the parcel center. France CARVIN
    26/01/2021 13:34 The parcel has left the parcel center. France CARVIN
    25/01/2021 19:38 The parcel has left the parcel center. Netherlands
    25/01/2021 19:38 The parcel was handed over to GLS. Netherlands
    20/01/2021 07:14 The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS. Netherlands

Now I just hope they don't send me a brick in the box! :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah, same here too. According to GLS' website, parcel is now in France and on its way here :)

27/01/2021 05:22 The parcel has reached the parcel center. France CARVIN
    27/01/2021 05:22 The parcel has left the parcel center. France CARVIN
    26/01/2021 13:34 The parcel has left the parcel center. France CARVIN
    25/01/2021 19:38 The parcel has left the parcel center. Netherlands
    25/01/2021 19:38 The parcel was handed over to GLS. Netherlands
    20/01/2021 07:14 The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS. Netherlands

Now I just hope they don't send me a brick in the box! :pac:

I am still wary of them hopefully it won't get lost but hopeful at this stage .

Btw better tracking info on the GLS.NL site v GLS.IE

Btw better tracking info on the GLS.NL site v GLS.IE

Have you had any updates? I have had noting just that parcel in Holland since the 28th.

Have you had any updates? I have had noting just that parcel in Holland since the 28th.

According to GLS' site, my parcel reached Ireland. However, it is still in phase 2 out of 5 (according to the site, it has not reached "final parcel center" yet).

So, I guess I'm in the hands of GLS now.

And still wishing the box, when/if I get it, contains a camera and not a brick!:pac:

FWIW, I've made a fair amount of orders on Thomann.de (a very reputable vendor) and, no matter when Thomann hands the goods to DHL or UPS (the couriers they work with), my parcels always sit in some DHL/UPS warehouse until the following weekend, so they only reach Ireland on Sunday night/Mondays mornings.

It's like they get everything together and then have a single weekly shipment to Ireland, which I guess makes sense for them.

So, maybe DPD does the same. Maybe they'll send your parcel (along with others) over the weekend.

Hopefully but you for sure will receive yours next week.

Hopefully but you for sure will receive yours next week.

Hey, just to let you know I got my parcel and... it was not a brick! :D

Still testing the product to make sure everything works well however the parcel was very well packed and everything inside seemed new (packaging, stickers, manuals, etc.).

I hope you get yours soon!

Hey, just to let you know I got my parcel and... it was not a brick! :D

Still testing the product to make sure everything works well however the parcel was very well packed and everything inside seemed new (packaging, stickers, manuals, etc.).

I hope you get yours soon!

I just saw tonight its after landing in Athlone so hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday . Its been a long worrying few weeks I dont know if I would buy again good savings but is it worth the hassle.

At long last it finally arrived. So not a scam but you have to wait for delivery and always pay with PayPal best advice .

• Advertisement

At long last it finally arrived. So not a scam but you have to wait for delivery and always pay with PayPal best advice .

I'm glad your order arrived. Yeah, I would definitely only use PayPal and it better be something not needed urgently!

Enjoy!

Advertisement