Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

Gerard93 wrote: »
    Is there an alternative for Cameras / Lenses ? I saw a link for a German site a while back but cannot find it since.
    Don't think I would bother with regional now

I’ve used e-infin.com for a camera and 2 lenses earlier this year. I have no complaints using them. Used Eglobal for a non-camera order and currently having a very different experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭corks finest

markad1 wrote: »
    Delivered today.

One that got away

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Gerard93

ned14 wrote: »
    I’ve used e-infin.com for a camera and 2 lenses earlier this year. I have no complaints using them. Used Eglobal for a non-camera order and currently having a very different experience.
    Thanks Ned14 for that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Update:
    02020-12-29 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    192020-12-28 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    182020-12-27 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    172020-12-26 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    162020-12-25 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    152020-12-24 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    142020-12-23 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    132020-12-22 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    122020-12-21 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    112020-12-20 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    102020-12-19 Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.
    92020-12-18 Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.
    82020-12-17 Shipment further connected.
    72020-12-16 Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    62020-12-15 Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    52020-12-14 Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    42020-12-13 Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    32020-12-12 Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    22020-12-11 In transit.
    12020-12-10 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

/come on PAYPAL, sort me out with a refund :(

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Oletimer

Update:
    02020-12-29 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    192020-12-28 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    182020-12-27 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    172020-12-26 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    162020-12-25 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    152020-12-24 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    142020-12-23 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    132020-12-22 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    122020-12-21 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    112020-12-20 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    102020-12-19 Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.
    92020-12-18 Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.
    82020-12-17 Shipment further connected.
    72020-12-16 Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    62020-12-15 Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    52020-12-14 Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    42020-12-13 Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    32020-12-12 Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    22020-12-11 In transit.
    12020-12-10 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

/come on PAYPAL, sort me out with a refund :(

Precisely, to the very letter, the same messages flagged on my screen after I had placed a Black Friday order on 29th November with a Hong Kong-based TobyDeals-UK. Took them nearly 4 weeks to deliver. Even DPD, their eventual courier had no idea where the shipment was !!

• Advertisement

#
    Date
    Parcel Status
    2020-12-27
    We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    2020-12-26
    Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.
    2020-12-25
    Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.
    2020-12-24
    Shipment further connected.
    2020-12-23
    Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    2020-12-22
    Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    2020-12-21
    Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    2020-12-20
    Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    2020-12-19
    Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2020-12-18
    In transit.
    2020-12-17
    The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

My GLS tracking is active this morning and parcel was handed over. Also originally dispatched the same day as yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

My GLS tracking is active this morning and parcel was handed over. Also originally dispatched the same day as yours.

Interesting. Mine still the same.

The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.

Interesting. Mine still the same.

The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.

Seems very similar to mine. DPD said it was in their system but they were waiting for it to be delivered to them. Hong Kong or China-based purchases? Never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

I also ordered from Efinity on Christmas Eve. Ordered a lens. Arrived yesterday. Earlier in 2020, I ordered a pair of headphones from Eglobal Central. No problems with them either. Just in case anyone needs a bit of reassurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I got refunded from paypal today but I also had to go to their support to resolve it as they kept pushing back the resolution date, they had it resolved with an hour once I got onto support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Jinicos

Mine finally arrived in Netherlands.

Ordered : 2020-12-6
    Dispatching soon email : 2020-12-11
    Dispatched : 2020-12-15

2020-12-15
    The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.
    2020-12-16
    In transit.
    2020-12-17
    2020-12-18
    2020-12-19
    2020-12-20
    2020-12-21
    2020-12-22
    2020-12-23
    2020-12-24
    Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.
    2020-12-25
    We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    2020-12-26
    2020-12-27
    2020-12-28
    2020-12-29
    2020-12-30
    2020-12-31
    2021-01-01
    Your parcel has arrived at GLS, please follow this link for further information

Jinicos wrote: »
    Mine finally arrived in Netherlands.

Ordered : 2020-12-6
    Dispatching soon email : 2020-12-11
    Dispatched : 2020-12-15

2020-12-15
    2020-12-16
    In transit.
    2020-12-17
    2020-12-18
    2020-12-19
    2020-12-20
    2020-12-21
    2020-12-22
    2020-12-23
    2020-12-24
    2020-12-25
    2020-12-26
    2020-12-27
    2020-12-28
    2020-12-29
    2020-12-30
    2020-12-31
    2021-01-01
    Your parcel has arrived at GLS, please follow this link for further information

Should be an update on mine next week so you’d think.

Dispatching soon email on the 15th and dispatched on the 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Congrats

Tracking for mine still the same

GLS don't know where it is but it shouldn't be delayed by almost 3 weeks.

As per others in here that escalated PayPal claims, eglobal replied to the case with only a link to the tracking page, nothing else

As the tracking shows it never got here I'm hoping it's a fast & positive resolution.

One thing for sure though, I won't be ordering from eglobal again.

haven't posted in a while so just as an update:

paypal dispute resolution date has been pushed out a few times, current est is 11th Jan. in all I must have sent about 20 pdf between emails, web pages & conversations with Markus.
    I did get a DOR (denial of receipt) document from eglobal Markus for me to fill in / sign & return which I've not done - I sent it to paypal instead as it's not an official eglobal doc (properties on the pdf show the author as Deutsche Post)

gls tracking still at the same place as 30th nov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭mightyreds

haven't posted in a while so just as an update:

paypal dispute resolution date has been pushed out a few times, current est is 11th Jan. in all I must have sent about 20 pdf between emails, web pages & conversations with Markus.
    I did get a DOR (denial of receipt) document from eglobal Markus for me to fill in / sign & return which I've not done - I sent it to paypal instead as it's not an official eglobal doc (properties on the pdf show the author as Deutsche Post)

gls tracking still at the same place as 30th nov

Open a ticket in paypal message service say the resolution date has been pushed out multiple times they will look into it immediately.
    https://www.paypal.com/smc/customer I think that's the link

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Immelman

Immelman wrote: »
    Small glimmer of hope for a pre Xmas delivery GLS updated parcel as in Limerick 23/12
    Still waiting. GLS saying out for delivery since 23/12 now 4/1 still nothing. GLS website is saying ‘In Delivery’ and the parcel history has been finished and detailed tracking info has stopped at its arrival in Limerick??

Seems like these online companies like Amazon, et al are all the same when it comes to delivery.

Am awaiting a delivery of a remote control from Amazon to their hub, which, their contracted-out driver claims is closed despite the shopping centre where the hub is located being open. Guess if you're a contracted-out Amazon driver on zero hours, any excuse will do.

So, 'out-for-delivery' messages can have different interpretations, depending on the driver/courier!

Still waiting. GLS saying out for delivery since 23/12 now 4/1 still nothing. GLS website is saying ‘In Delivery’ and the parcel history has been finished and detailed tracking info has stopped at its arrival in Limerick??
    Now getting a ‘code 29 Manco’ on the GLS website package cannot be found bloody ridiculous. BTW this info is not showing on the Irish GLS tracking site. I had a look at the country where the package was handed to the courier and all the tracking info is there in this case NL GLS
    Package received Gls NL 14/12
    Arrived Limerick 23/12
    30/12 package cannot be found

mightyreds wrote: »
    I got refunded from paypal today but I also had to go to their support to resolve it as they kept pushing back the resolution date, they had it resolved with an hour once I got onto support.

E global are simply just not worth the hassle

#
    Date
    Parcel Status
    2020-12-27
    2020-12-26
    2020-12-25
    2020-12-24
    2020-12-23
    2020-12-22
    2020-12-21
    2020-12-20
    2020-12-19
    2020-12-18
    In transit.
    2020-12-17

On day 12 of " 222021-01-07We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible."

Obviously no update on the GLS site either :mad:

That is why in my very first post, in December, I advocated against buying anything from Chinese-based sources, purporting, falsely IMHO, to use URLs that mislead customers to thinking they are UK based.

• Advertisement

Oletimer wrote: »
    That is why in my very first post, in December, I advocated against buying anything from Chinese-based sources, purporting, falsely IMHO, to use URLs that mislead customers to thinking they are UK based.

Yet still ppl chance it?
    Between them and Eir I'm surprised they're still in business

Delivered today.

Not having a good first time experience it took 2 weeks for eglobal to get my parcel to GLS. However in fairness my package was in irl on the 23/12 however GLS appears to be now at fault now not eglobal still not happy with both. Spoke to lovely lady in GLS yesterday was going to try and resolve haven’t heard anything since will try them in the morning again

• Registered Users Posts: 2 leanne813

Hey ! Finally got my camera delivered yesterday! Ordered on the 3rd of December! Got the email to say it was out of stock but would ship in 2-3 days! About a week after I got GLS tracking. That was so slow because of Covid and Brexit.

I spent 2300 ish on a sony A7RIII and 24-70mm lens.

Saved alot. But the wait is long and stressful. Payed for insured shipping and PayPal.

Shipped to Netherlands and then to the UK. Then once it got to ireland it took 2 days ish to get put in a van and then delivered to me.

Hope this helps put peoples mind at ease. My friend orders camera equipment all the time from them. Hasn't had issues I cant speak for other equipment on there but its real. Just takes forever.

Hope everyone else gets sorted ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭thebourke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

thebourke wrote: »

Yeah, I bought a 5g Router off them in October, it was basically dead on arrival. They took it back and credited me with the postage, and sent me a replacement, all within 10 days.

mightyreds wrote: »
    Open a ticket in paypal message service say the resolution date has been pushed out multiple times they will look into it immediately.
    https://www.paypal.com/smc/customer I think that's the link

thanks.

have been through several messages with support,

I'd emailed about 10 pdfs to their support address and then contacted support to have them added to the case - never happened.

yesterday I got a request for proof of non-delivery :eek::eek:

had to attach the files from the prev email plus a new pdf of the tracking which is still at 30-11-20 stage

luckily I have an email from gls stating that it hasn't arrived in Ireland & they don't know where it is. surely that's proof enough? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Update: it got delivered :eek:, eventually on the 8th Jan, via Netherlands/France (worth waiting for.......hmmmmm!)

22 2020-12-31Your parcel has arrived at GLS, please follow this link for further information: xxxxxxx
    21 2020-12-30We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    20 2020-12-29We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    19 2020-12-28We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    18 2020-12-27We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    17 2020-12-26We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    16 2020-12-25We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    15 2020-12-24We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    14 2020-12-23We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    13 2020-12-22We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    12 2020-12-21We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    11 2020-12-20We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    10 2020-12-19Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.
    9 2020-12-18Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.
    8 2020-12-17Shipment further connected.
    7 2020-12-16Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    6 2020-12-15Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    5 2020-12-14Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    4 2020-12-13Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    3 2020-12-12Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2 2020-12-11In transit.
    1 2020-12-10The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.
    0 Ordered > 17th November

Not having a good first time experience it took 2 weeks for eglobal to get my parcel to GLS. However in fairness my package was in irl on the 23/12 however GLS appears to be now at fault now not eglobal still not happy with both. Spoke to lovely lady in GLS yesterday was going to try and resolve haven’t heard anything since will try them in the morning again

Rang Gls again today. They confirmed my package was lost and couldn’t be found Limerick depot. Advised me to contact the consignor where the fun will start. Have already sent eglobal an email that I received from Gls indicating item missing and I had paid for insured shipping. Should I wait a few day for eglobal to respond or go straight to PayPal?

• Advertisement

saga over

got an email earlier saying the case went in my favour & have my refund

never again eglobalcentral, although in fairness they did send the item, fault really is with the courier

however, the "contract" for delivery is between eglobal & the courier - time for them to chase their own refund

Advertisement