Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online lottery to phase out credit cards.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

rodia77 wrote: »
    /.../here at the National Lottery we’re always looking at ways to promote and improve Responsible Play. It’s something we take very seriously, which is why we have taken the decision to phase out the use of credit cards and commercial cards as a means of payment for playing online.

Since I've been around for too long to accept 'it's for your own good' as an honest reason, who is gaining on this move and what, and what else do I lose apart from the obvious liberty to pay however the hell I want?

It's to try and stop people using money they don't have.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Anybody playing the lotto on credit is nothing more then a mug, this is very much a good move

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Since I've been around for too long to accept 'it's for your own good' as an honest reason, who is gaining on this move and what, and what else do I lose apart from the obvious liberty to pay however the hell I want?

But you don't actually have freedom to pay however you want. Not by miles.

They don't accept cheques, money orders, bank drafts, bitcoin or barter as payment for the lotto online. So thats hardly freedom :pac:

You can't give them a chicken in exchange for a few lotto tickets, thats hardly freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rodia77

Cabaal wrote: »
    But you don't actually have freedom to pay however you want. Not by miles.

They don't accept cheques, money orders, bank drafts, bitcoin or barter as payment for the lotto online. So thats hardly freedom :pac:

You can't give them a chicken in exchange for a few lotto tickets, thats hardly freedom.

Right, one freedom less, if that phrasing makes more sense to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Loss of freedom about playing the lotto ffs... you sound like a deluded Trumper.

If you can’t see the upside in this rule change then your cynical, long time around the block shtick is a bit wasted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 rodia77

Did I ask to-the-point questions or for opinions of moralistic idiots? One just made it to my ignore list, next please. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Did I ask to-the-point questions or for opinions of moralistic idiots? One just made it to my ignore list, next please. :)

Yawn. Trigger happy keyboard warrior and all round ‘big man’. Ten-a-penny...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You do not control the flow of the thread or the type of replies

And on that, thread closed - there is no consumer issue here and its clearly run its course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement