Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-06-2018, 16:39   #31
shivermetimber

Daily motorcyclist and cyclist here in Dublin. The state of the roads in the city is absolutely abysmal the past few years. Seems almost on par with what you have down in Cork. The overall quality is nowhere near good enough and some of the craters are just like in your first picture, inches deep and near lethal on two wheels.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-06-2018, 16:39   #32
the dark phantom

Excellent photos, Well done..
Traffic lights are the only road infrastructure that Cork City Council care about, If a light gets damaged or fails it will be repaired immediately. Corks road surfaces are woeful when I'm driving I feel like I'm on a safari with my car bouncing along Corks potholes.
Thanks from:
02-06-2018, 16:41   #33
Diabhalta

Satisfied rd., Wilton

They just keep filling the potholes and it leads nowhere. They overfill them and now it's just big bumps on the road. RESURFACE!

02-06-2018, 16:41   #34
jackrussel

they did those resurfacing patches on south douglas road road last year. pure ****ing disaster, up & down & up & down. outside centra on SDR is especially bad. the T junction into Nemo was in a terrible state but they seem to have fixed it somewhat. i must head out & get some pics for ye because they're in such bad condition around here.
(3) thanks from:
02-06-2018, 16:44   #35
Diabhalta

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivermetimber View Post
Daily motorcyclist and cyclist here in Dublin. The state of the roads in the city is absolutely abysmal the past few years. Seems almost on par with what you have down in Cork. The overall quality is nowhere near good enough and some of the craters are just like in your first picture, inches deep and near lethal on two wheels.
I know! I was cycling a bit recently as the weather got better and it is actually dangerous! Few times I lost balance. Imagine falling when a car is passing you. I have to constantly watch the road slaloming around all the potholes and bumps.
Advertisement
02-06-2018, 16:46   #36
Diabhalta

I think now is the time to act! Let's go out there and take pictures and email them to the city council. Let's send them to Evening echo, Journal.ie etc. It's getting ridiculous!
Thanks from:
02-06-2018, 16:55   #37
shivermetimber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabhalta View Post
I know! I was cycling a bit recently as the weather got better and it is actually dangerous! Few times I lost balance. Imagine falling when a car is passing you. I have to constantly watch the road slaloming around all the potholes and bumps.

Cycling can be tricky alright but I've even burst a fork seal and rear tyre on the motorbike here in the past year!
02-06-2018, 17:54   #38
ofcork

Even one lane of the grand parade is gone bad.
(2) thanks from:
02-06-2018, 18:31   #39
Diabhalta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofcork View Post
Even one lane of the grand parade is gone bad.
Oh the contrast of the brand new shiny shopping centre and the shi**y road just outside of it. They keep repairing it and it leads nowhere. Ridiculous.
Advertisement
02-06-2018, 20:23   #40
jackrussel

https://imgur.com/a/e8tzFKZ

just easier to share an imgur link. these pics are taken of Cross douglas road, douglas road, Rosebank road & south douglas road block route. its 1.7km according to google - didn't realize it was that much.
Thanks from:
03-06-2018, 19:14   #41
corcaigh1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabhalta View Post
You see the thing is that you shouldn't remember where all the potholes/cracks are. The roads should be 100% smooth everywhere. It's very expensive to run a car in Ireland at the moment so in return the roads should be excellent.

In central Europe (countries like Poland, Czech rep., Slovakia, Hungary) the motor tax is included in the petrol price. The roads are very good over there. Occasionally you might end up driving over a pothole but it's a rare occurrence. The busiest roads in bigger and smaller cities are perfect.

So when I compare roads in Cork city to those roads over there it seems like we are in Asia, not in Western Europe.

I don't understand how somebody spends thousands of euros on a brand new car and then drives it in Cork. That's just absurd.

Winning in lottery let's say €100M there's no way I would live here. Driving a brand new Lamborghini or Ferrari in Cork? Pffff hahaha lol that's just not possible. There are other places in Europe with much better infrastructure than Cork city.

Really, is that true??

I was driving through that Lee rd. X Western rd. junction recently and the expletives that came out of my mouth was no ones business, shocking...

It is absolutely disgraceful the cut of the roads in Cork and Ireland of late. I drive my car on the roads every day and im always vexed over the state of the roads in cork city & suburbs and I drive an early noughties car so I can only imagine driving a new Audi or BMW having to navigate around the fu*king mess...

Im also a biker but have been off the bikes the last few years. My biker mates have been giving out stink, one of them bought a brand new sports bike this year and is giving serious thought to selling it again such is the state of the roads in the countryside so its not just the city roads in ****e, its sickening really and serious pressure should be put on the councils and government over it...
03-06-2018, 22:33   #42
Tommyboy40

I drive most of these roads daily. If a Garda was behind me he'd breathalyse me for swerving all over the road! That sickening crunch when you hit a pothole. I've just dropped €2,665 replacing a shock and a wheel bearing and pay €1850 tax. It seems that some roads are well looked after and others not at all
Thanks from:
04-06-2018, 07:45   #43
corcaigh1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboy40 View Post
I drive most of these roads daily. If a Garda was behind me he'd breathalyse me for swerving all over the road! That sickening crunch when you hit a pothole. I've just dropped €2,665 replacing a shock and a wheel bearing and pay €1850 tax. It seems that some roads are well looked after and others not at all
€2.665!! wtf are you driving a rolls royce phantom!!?
04-06-2018, 21:57   #44
Diabhalta

Blarney street, outside Gala shop

04-06-2018, 21:58   #45
Diabhalta

Heading to town on Blarney st., outside the school

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text