Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-02-2018, 10:14   #46
Clareman

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
They made big changes to the 'BMW First' package they were originally touting. As you see from the original post, they were offering free rental of a BMW model of your choice for 3 days a year, free rent a roof box or bicycle holder for your vacation, free minor scratch repair etc but the cost was to be €49 per month. When it actually launched what they actually offered was a Mini Valet, Wiper Blades, Light Bulbs, Health Check, Fuel Discount for €19 per month which is a very different offering.

What I don't understand now is that they offer the free first month and cancel anytime so after signing up and availing of your free Wiper Blades, Light Bulbs and Health Check you are then effectively paying €19 per month for a Mini Valet and a Fuel Discount ? Nothing wrong with that but the Wiper Blades, Light Bulbs and Health Check are not going to be something you get very often ..

I might sign up and get the few bits during the free month and then cancel ?
Yeah, you are pretty much paying €19 a month to have your car cleaned inside and out, Conlon's in Limerick has lovely coffee so you get a free coffee as well My car is only 2 years old so warranty and the service pack covers most things but the cleaning is handy, I also work close to the garage so I just drop it off on my way to work
Advertisement
14-07-2018, 21:33   #47
Kaizersoze81

Sorry to bump this, looking at an offer now of €4.90 per month for Bmw first.
https://www.bmw-first.ie/home?ds_c=B...SAAEgJizfD_BwE

Covers “free”
Health check and diagnostics
Wiper blades
Bulbs
20% discount on service and repair

I can’t see a catch here. There’s one month free and you can cancel at any point. I’m due a service next month , which I’m anticipating will be approx €500. So I can save €100 on this, get free wipers which I need and then cancel without costing me a cent. Anyone used this 20% service discount before?
14-07-2018, 22:08   #48
Stallingrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizersoze81 View Post
Sorry to bump this, looking at an offer now of €4.90 per month for Bmw first.
https://www.bmw-first.ie/home?ds_c=B...SAAEgJizfD_BwE

Covers “free”
Health check and diagnostics
Wiper blades
Bulbs
20% discount on service and repair

I can’t see a catch here. There’s one month free and you can cancel at any point. I’m due a service next month , which I’m anticipating will be approx €500. So I can save €100 on this, get free wipers which I need and then cancel without costing me a cent. Anyone used this 20% service discount before?
Yes, signed up, got free wipers and an oil change for €140. 20% off, no questions asked. Very happy with that.
(2) thanks from:
14-07-2018, 22:09   #49
Kaizersoze81

Great. Seems to be a no brainer. Wonder what they get out of it. Surely the majority of people cancel after taking the benefits. Makes a change to get something back off them
14-07-2018, 22:19   #50
Harcrid

Same here. Signed up before event service and got my wipers and discount. Dealership had only just received their training on it so not all dealers may be fully up to speed on it yet. No brainer if you ask me.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-07-2018, 22:50   #51
Wailin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallingrad View Post
Yes, signed up, got free wipers and an oil change for €140. 20% off, no questions asked. Very happy with that.
"Free" wipers? Didn't you just buy a bmw? Which should have come fully serviced and roadworthy?
14-07-2018, 23:04   #52
fitzgeme
Glorious Master Race

There is no such thing as a free lunch ever. I am super skecthy about subscription services. Yeah there may be some people who get value out of it, but the majority will sign up and pay without ever getting much out of it.
14-07-2018, 23:30   #53
Stallingrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wailin View Post
"Free" wipers? Didn't you just buy a bmw? Which should have come fully serviced and roadworthy?
Wanted an interim oil change as the oil was a year and a half since bring changed. Existing wipers were about 50% gone, not essential but who cares if they are free.
15-07-2018, 09:08   #54
Kaizersoze81

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzgeme View Post
There is no such thing as a free lunch ever. I am super skecthy about subscription services. Yeah there may be some people who get value out of it, but the majority will sign up and pay without ever getting much out of it.
I’m as skeptical about subscription services however I don’t see how I can lose here. There’s 1 month free, so it will literally cost me nothing. In return I’ll get wipers and 20% off the service which I was going to have to get anyway. Then I’ll cancel.
Advertisement
15-07-2018, 12:14   #55
bazz26

Do you have to get the car serviced to avail of all the freebees or can you just call into the parts desk and say hey can I have a free set of wipers for my car?
15-07-2018, 12:43   #56
Kaizersoze81

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz26 View Post
Do you have to get the car serviced to avail of all the freebees or can you just call into the parts desk and say hey can I have a free set of wipers for my car?
You can get the wipers at any time as far as I know. I’ll be doing it this week anyway so I’ll update the thread with my progress.
15-07-2018, 12:59   #57
bazz26

Good man, please do as I signed up for the basic subscription last month but I only replaced the wipers a few months back and the car isn't due a service for a good while yet. For €5 a month it was a no brainer to cover the cost of replacement wipers and bulbs especially xenon bulbs alone.
15-07-2018, 14:42   #58
Stallingrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz26 View Post
For €5 a month it was a no brainer to cover the cost of replacement wipers and bulbs especially xenon bulbs alone.
Does it cover the xenons and how much would they usually be?
15-07-2018, 14:56   #59
bazz26

I cannot see anything in the t&c saying they don't cover xenon bulbs. A BMW dealer will retail a replacement xenon bulb for about €200 but you can buy them online much cheaper than that. They sometimes run promotions during winter time to replace bulbs free of charge including xenons.

But for €60 a year for the basic package to cover wipers and xenon bulbs alone, it's worth it imo.

You can check it out at: https://www.bmw-first.ie
Thanks from:
16-07-2018, 08:49   #60
Clareman

I used this a few times, great service, didn't push anything like tyres or anything when getting the car valeted, I already have a fuel card so I didn't avail of it.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion