Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladbrokes goes into Examinership

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

That doesn't just happen in Lads either. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,052 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

In Cork anyway I always found the Ladbrokes staff odd and weird compared to Boyles and PP.

I don't know why , found that in Dublin too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Was in Ladbrokes last Saturday and i couldn't believe how outdated it was compared to other bookies.

I don't bother with bookie shops any more but had no TV last Saturday so spent two hours in Lads after college to watch the racing.

I could never work in a bookies it is like a zoo. The screaming, shouting and the smell off people in their. Scumbags screaming and shouting throwing Euro's on everything from virtual to dogs and racing. The same people running up five seconds before something goes off and screaming their bet didn't get on in time.

I just don;t know how the staff put up with it i wouldn't be able to control myself with the abuse they put up with.

Boylesports again is another joke it's beside the local pub so i might pop in if out for a few drinks. The amount of times i have seen them enhance a horse on the screens and they are actually a bigger price than the price they are enhancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,052 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Was in Ladbrokes last Saturday and i couldn't believe how outdated it was compared to other bookies.

I don't bother with bookie shops any more but had no TV last Saturday so spent two hours in Lads after college to watch the racing.

I could never work in a bookies it is like a zoo. The screaming, shouting and the smell off people in their. Scumbags screaming and shouting throwing Euro's on everything from virtual to dogs and racing. The same people running up five seconds before something goes off and screaming their bet didn't get on in time.

I just don;t know how the staff put up with it i wouldn't be able to control myself with the abuse they put up with.

Boylesports again is another joke it's beside the local pub so i might pop in if out for a few drinks. The amount of times i have seen them enhance a horse on the screens and they are actually a bigger price than the price they are enhancing.

Its not a Ladbrokes just off O Connell street down a side street by any chance?

Not sure name of street but if they offered me 100euro a hour to work there I would say no.

The abuse I saw on staff one day in space of half hour was shocking.

Ladbrokes anywhere they just seem to be crap with worst type of punter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Its not a Ladbrokes just off O Connell street down a side street by any chance?

Not sure name of street but if they offered me 100euro a hour to work there I would say no.

The abuse I saw on staff one day in space of half hour was shocking.

Ladbrokes anywhere they just seem to be crap with worst type of punter.

No not from Cork.

I rarely deal with Ladbrokes but two incidents at Cheltenham totally put me off them.

Support a Cheltenham preview night for charity i got a voucher €5 off a €20 bet. So i stroll up do a trixie worth €20 and hand in €15 with the voucher. She starts banging on about how i need to make the bet €25 and give her €20. I tried my best to explain to her how she was wrong but she was talking loudly while others could hear.

I had €15 in my pocket so embarrassingly had to walk out without placing the bet at all.

I went up that evening and placed the bet anyway thrown the€25 on a 4/1 winner. I went up to collect €120 the Wednesday of Cheltenham around half 11 and they told me to call back later that day. €120 they couldn't pay out of the second day of Cheltenham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭SteM

Nuts102 wrote: »
    No not from Cork.

I rarely deal with Ladbrokes but two incidents at Cheltenham totally put me off them.

Support a Cheltenham preview night for charity i got a voucher €5 off a €20 bet. So i stroll up do a trixie worth €20 and hand in €15 with the voucher. She starts banging on about how i need to make the bet €25 and give her €20. I tried my best to explain to her how she was wrong but she was talking loudly while others could hear.

I had €15 in my pocket so embarrassingly had to walk out without placing the bet at all.

I went up that evening and placed the bet anyway thrown the€25 on a 4/1 winner. I went up to collect €120 the Wednesday of Cheltenham around half 11 and they told me to call back later that day. €120 they couldn't pay out of the second day of Cheltenham.

Jeez, these are crazy stories. Just poor customer service and shop management, plain and simple.

Advertisement