Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Guess you feel better now having got that off your chest !!!!
    Bring back hanging

I would be happy to draw the line at public flogging! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

:):D
    Quackster wrote: »
    I would be happy to draw the line at public flogging! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Quackster wrote: »
    GAA heads are the worst offenders. Any time a match is on, they'll park with reckless abandon in that lane outside Aldi and the mandatory cycle lanes on both sides of the road. The sheer arrogance and ignorance of such **** is breathtaking!

Similarly on Brewery Road with mass goers and the weirdos who watch dogs running round in circles. And the lazy ****es who park in the cycle lanes on Dan Spring road rather than actually pulling into the Green to collect their bubble-wrapped snowflake kids.

Gardai, it appears, couldn't care less and so anarchy reins.

Or outside the Kingdom Food and Wine store on the Oakpark road. Constantly cars parked up, either blocking traffic or blocking the path. Lazy and no consideration for anybody else, just their lunch.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Adiboo wrote: »
    Or outside the Kingdom Food and Wine store on the Oakpark road. Constantly cars parked up, either blocking traffic or blocking the path. Lazy and no consideration for anybody else, just their lunch.

I started to Notice things like that a lot more since having a baby and not being able to get passed cars on footpaths with the pram as the cars park blocking the entire path! I have asked numerous people to move their cars as I have no intention of putting my child at risk by pushing pram on a busy road just to get by those inconsiderate people. Most people don’t even apologise! Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/irish-news/13-things-youll-only-know-14091723

Laughing at this - especially the James Brown concert attendance claim!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Some of us are old enough to have bought our records (vinyl) in Kiely's (where the cool kids hung out after school )! But the rest of it rings just as true for growing up in the 80s as the 90s.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

ongarboy wrote: »
    https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/irish-news/13-things-youll-only-know-14091723

Laughing at this - especially the James Brown concert attendance claim!! :D:D:D

James brown in Tralee was the most surreal but best night ever at the Rose of Tralee festival!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    James brown in Tralee was the most surreal but best night ever at the Rose of Tralee festival!

I want actually there too... thought Sam Brown was hot!

I was there, but right down the back, with a great view of the back of some fella's head and having my feet crushed. All to the soundtrack of "James Brown! Get Down! Huh!" Never so dissapointed in my life!

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I was there, but right down the back, with a great view of the back of some fella's head and having my feet crushed. All to the soundtrack of "James Brown! Get Down! Huh!" Never so dissapointed in my life!

You could have moved!! :D

I remember the stage was in a strange position, sort of along the wall/railings of the park, instead of facing the length of Denny street like the stage is now at the Ashe Hall. At least that's how I remember it, maybe I imagined it, but we were down near the ashe hall, at the back just before the barriers and we had loads of room. We Danced like crazy!

• Advertisement

I remember the stage was in a strange position, sort of along the wall/railings of the park, instead of facing the length of Denny street like the stage is now at the Ashe Hall. At least that's how I remember it, maybe I imagined it, but we were down near the ashe hall, at the back just before the barriers and we had loads of room. We Danced like crazy!

No, the stage was definitely on the Ashe platform as normal if I remember correctly....I think

I was completely crushed! Couldn't move if I wanted to.

No, the stage was definitely on the Ashe platform as normal if I remember correctly....I think

Yep, was at the front that year for Beautiful South and Born Again ( now THAT was a gig, surprisingly)

I could just about make out the back up singers for JB, to the left of the stage from the crowds perspective.

No idea why I thought it was facing a different direction. I may have had a few too many! lol

Great gig though. I unfortunately missed the Beautiful South that year, I was gutted. I had to do resists for exams in uni in Scotland the same week! Thankfully got to see them another time in Killarney some years later. Great band. Oh to get acts like that again for the festival. The last time I even went out to watch a band was in 2014 I think (maybe 2013) to see Walking on Cars, Ryan Sheridan and the Stunning. Great gig, but tiny crowd as I think it was tickets only and the trucks were blocking the view on denny street, on purpose!

What year was James Brown performing?

What year was James Brown performing?

20 years ago this year.
    INXS and Big Country were the other 2 gigs from years ago that stick in my mind

20 years ago this year.
    INXS and Big Country were the other 2 gigs from years ago that stick in my mind

Did INXS play for the Rose festival??:eek:

Yep, would have to check.. but it was a few years after James Brown

I feel like I remember them playing Fabric before, possibly?

I feel like I remember them playing Fabric before, possibly?

Denny street apparently, unless it was a tribute act who played in Fabric! :D

• Advertisement

Yep, would have to check.. but it was a few years after James Brown

Just did a quick google and they played in 2001 In Denny st...although obviously without the late Michael Hutchence! I was living and working in Dublin at the time, so missed it. I don't remember even hearing about it at the time. I just remembered I was at U2 in Slane that weekend too!

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/kerryman/entertainment/inxs-sensational-27372603.html

Dr Bridget O'Brien on the Fine Gael ticket for the upcoming local elections.....I suppose if the Healy Rae's can do it for Kilgarvan.....

road works have started on upper Castle Street so it’s not accessible from lower castle street or Edward st.

Footpath works have also started on Edward Street and will move onto castle street. Taken from council Facebook page.

Kerry County Council wishes to advise that footpath replacement works will take place on Edward St, Tralee, from Tuesday 19th March and will continue to Upper Castle St thereafter (start date circa mid-April). Works are expected to be completed by the end of April, 2019.

The works will take place in the vicinity of the Post Office on Edward St to Moyderwell/Sullivan’s Lane junctions on Upper Castle St - on both sides of the road, from 7.30am to 6pm Mondays - Fridays.

Residential and business access and pedestrians will be facilitated at all times. Traffic disruptions will be minimal during the course of the works.

Kerry County Council is upgrading the footpaths and roads network in Tralee and your cooperation is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

My wife was asking yesterday, she saw a for sale sign up on World of Wonder in Rock Street and mentioned that he is rarely open these days - is he closing up does anyone know?

bobdcow wrote: »
    My wife was asking yesterday, she saw a for sale sign up on World of Wonder in Rock Street and mentioned that he is rarely open these days - is he closing up does anyone know?

He doesn't open Mon or Tue.. hasn't done since he moved back..only opens the full week around Xmas time

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

He's closing. Not doing the business. Sure how can he. There's no parking. He's never open.

I worked there in my late teens and he had the chance to move to manor before smyths. He never took it then tried to move where Mr price is now and of course it failed. Then he tried rock Street again and it failed. He missed the boat

He's closing. Not doing the business. Sure how can he. There's no parking. He's never open.

I worked there in my late teens and he had the chance to move to manor before smyths. He never took it then tried to move where Mr price is now and of course it failed. Then he tried rock Street again and it failed. He missed the boat

The shop itself is closing, the office staff will relocate to the store, but the other stores he has will remain open

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Congrats to the Warriors - great to see the Superleague trophy return to Tralee once again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Jack and Jones closing was a surprise to me, thought they'd have been doing decent enuf business.

• Advertisement

Jack and Jones closing was a surprise to me, thought they'd have been doing decent enuf business.

Its not permanent, they will be reopening again in another spot. I don’t know when or where, but they are due to reopen. Apparently the lease was up where they were and the landlord wanted to increase the rent so they decided not to renew the lease there.

Advertisement