Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To ZV or not to ZV?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

Plus anything after 87 shouldn’t have a zv, the correct format is year-county.
    It will just look stupid on a zv plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭John Dough

Dades wrote: »
    I assume this is an original year reg (e.g. 89 D 1234), and not an old style number?

Worth checking to see what ZV number you'd be getting as they aren't as 'attractive' as they used be when they have just 4 digits.

Once you know what your options are it's purely a matter of taste. Remember though if you change it to ZV it can't be changed back, by you, or the next owner.

Yes it is the original year reg 1989 alright.
    I am having difficulty even finding where to get information on getting a ZV number.
    Local motor tax office says they do not issue them and referred me to NCTS
    but they said they only deal with imported vintage vehicles for ZV registration.
    So very :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

John Dough wrote: »
    Yes it is the original year reg 1989 alright.
    I am having difficulty even finding where to get information on getting a ZV number.
    Local motor tax office says they do not issue them and referred me to NCTS
    but they said they only deal with imported vintage vehicles for ZV registration.
    So very :confused::confused:

VRT35 is what you need..... I wouldn't do it though

447544860.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

Why do you want to put a ZV on an 89 car that shouldn't have one?
    The car already has the correct format.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭hi5

It gets rid of the county, I've met people who for some strange reason just like their own county or none at all.

i imagine it's done by some to make the car look older, especially if they aren't going to bother with an NCT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Saw a motorbike the other day with a ZV plate, and what looked like a mobile number on it......looked hideous...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭w124man

Are you allowed to re-plate a car if it is originally registered here? Didn't think you could do that.

yes you can transfer any 30 year old+ vehicle to a ZV but not the other way

• Advertisement

hi5 wrote: »
    It gets rid of the county, I've met people who for some strange reason just like their own county or none at all.

Yes it is a matter of choice :D

Isambard wrote: »
    VRT35 is what you need..... I wouldn't do it though

447544860.png

Cheers

Advertisement