Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ikea

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pixie8

I was trying to get a delivery slot for two days last week. Eventually just emptied my cart and added everything in one by one and tried to checkout and eventually got a slot so I assumed it was linked to stock levels? There was two things that I couldn't get, when I added them back i got the no delivery message again 🥺

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Ordered quite a bit of stuff yesterday and delivery came up 28th March when I was checking out. Then I realised I had forgot a few items and went back to get them. Anyway went to checkout again and I got a new date of next Monday...the 3rd March.

We'll see how that goes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭bb12

after weeks of trying i finally got a delivery slot today scheduled for march 2nd...couldnt believe my eyes when it brought me to checkout. probably have spent more than i should as after this experience i don't know when i'll be able to get another order through

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Did anyone get an email with a compensation e-voucher from Ikea?
    Normally I would dismiss these immediately as phishing but I have had some very frustrating IKEA online ordering and delivery experiences over the past few months, and have spent a lot of money with them on multiple orders due to scattered availability of items, so it would be a welcome gesture.

The email is quite convincing, looks professional, with images which I know anyone can access from their website, and has actual links to ikea website, written in good English.
    The sender email is a 3rd party, Voucher express. I know, alarm bells, but when I google them, they do provide Ikea vouchers.
    I sent an email to Ikea customer services but just wanted to see did anyone else get these.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Did anyone get an email with a compensation e-voucher from Ikea?
    Normally I would dismiss these immediately as phishing but I have had some very frustrating IKEA online ordering and delivery experiences over the past few months, and have spent a lot of money with them on multiple orders due to scattered availability of items, so it would be a welcome gesture.

The email is quite convincing, looks professional, with images which I know anyone can access from their website, and has actual links to ikea website, written in good English.
    The sender email is a 3rd party, Voucher express. I know, alarm bells, but when I google them, they do provide Ikea vouchers.
    I sent an email to Ikea customer services but just wanted to see did anyone else get these.

Most phishing emails nowadays are written in very good English, they now use people who can actually speak the language properly to write these mails.
    I would always hover over the senders email address and then stick it into google to see what comes up.
    There have been massive increases in phishing emails "from" Amazon, Fedex, DHL etc and this is due to the increase in the number of deliveries from there so a lot of people would presume they are real mails.
    Would imagine places like Ikea would see the same increases especially when all the shops are closed.
    In fairness you contacted Ikea direct so that should prove if it's real or not.
    Normally there would be a link to click on or site address to click on but if it's an e-voucher, I'd say it's real enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

They do tend to send €20-€50 vouchers if they mess up badly.
    And voucher express manage their vouchers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I had a great experience last month in fairness to IKEA. I ordered a desk on a Saturday morning and it was delivered on Sunday afternoon (as in within 30 hours). I honestly couldn’t believe it!

Got a chair last year and it took 8 weeks so it might be the luck of the draw.

PCros wrote: »
    Ordered quite a bit of stuff yesterday and delivery came up 28th March when I was checking out. Then I realised I had forgot a few items and went back to get them. Anyway went to checkout again and I got a new date of next Monday...the 1st March.

We'll see how that goes. :D

Well it all arrived to today so it seems they have gotten things back on track.

It was a large order too, 46 items with the biggest being a mattress and a kids desk and then a load of nicky nacky stuff.

PCros wrote: »
    Well it all arrived to today so it seems they have gotten things back on track.

It was a large order too, 46 items with the biggest being a mattress and a kids desk and then a load of nicky nacky stuff.

:eek:

That must have been some delivery you got today- did the lads have to take a tea break half way through?:P

:eek:

That must have been some delivery you got today- did the lads have to take a tea break half way through?:P

:D:D:D

No honestly most of it was small things like picture frames, plants, bed sheets etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭bb12

My order was supposed to arrive today. Checked this morning and the status was still "preparing your order". But then checked in the afternoon and the status had changed to On it's way. Happy days I thought but it never arrived. Checked the status again tonight and it's gone back to Prepaying your order. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

bb12 wrote: »
    My order was supposed to arrive today. Checked this morning and the status was still "preparing your order". But then checked in the afternoon and the status had changed to On it's way. Happy days I thought but it never arrived. Checked the status again tonight and it's gone back to Prepaying your order. Strange.

I'd say ring them. I have an order I made back in January due this day next week and I plan to ring them before the the weekend to ensure it hasn't fallen between the cracks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

shanec1928 wrote: »
    after weeks of trying i gave it another go yesterday and managed to get a delivery date for the 24th feb :D
    forgot to update this. order received on the 24th in the advanced time window they gave me. also mistakenly received part of someone else's order. Sorry susan, i have your baskets and light :pac: still waiting on ikea to get back in touch about it after i contacted them.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

Trying to order garden chairs from IKEA but when I go to the basket, it says they can’t be ordered / delivered. They were out of stock all last summer. Really don’t want to be garden chairless again this summer. Anyone any idea if click & collect will open soon? I can’t find an email address for customer services anywhere on the website - does anyone have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

grazer wrote: »
    Anyone any idea if click & collect will open soon? I can’t find an email address for customer services anywhere on the website - does anyone have it?

That's up to the government not IKEA.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

Caranica wrote: »
    That's up to the government not IKEA.
    I know - they were two separate questions!

Anyway, got through on a phone number to customer services. There is stock of the chairs in the store but no stock in the distribution centre for online deliveries. Pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Trying to order garden chairs from IKEA but when I go to the basket, it says they can’t be ordered / delivered. They were out of stock all last summer. Really don’t want to be garden chairless again this summer. Anyone any idea if click & collect will open soon? I can’t find an email address for customer services anywhere on the website - does anyone have it?

Click and Collect is highly likely to open from Early April or possibly end of March. That's what Retail Excellence are saying in their latest update last friday

I put in an order nearly 2 months ago in mid Jan, only delivery date I could get was for today 10th March so bit the bullet and went for it. Well today rolls around and no sign of the delivery so I rang Ikea to check what the story is. As expected the delivery won't be coming today, got fobbed off with an excuse there was logistics issues with 1 item so the order had be split with everything bar the 1 item due to come this Sunday the 14th and the other thing the following week. Do they even do deliveries on Sundays? I'm absolutely fuming, I told the woman that brexit/logistics issues aside this is incredibly bad customer service, I can't understand why they don't have better communication processes, just let me know about the delay so I don't have to ring up and chase them. I wish there was some way to make an official complaint other than ringing Joe Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Anyone know what size the delivery trucks are? Are they those huge ones? I'm due a delivery tomorrow (Limerick), quite a lot of items, and well our road is very very tight with crazy bends. Do they ring ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Just letting people know I ordered on 17th March, got a delivery day of 30th March and items arrived today 31st - so 2 weeks.
    The delivery came with DPD and in perfect condition. Very happy with service. I ordered a load of fake plants so a large box (approx 5ft x 2ft)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I've made four online orders with IKEA over the past year and the first three went to plan. I placed the most recent order on 10 March and was given a delivery date of 1 April. Everything seemed to be progressing, then I was notified on Monday that part of one item would be delivered on 2 April and the rest of the delivery (42 items) would not be arriving until the 18th. I called and was told that the delay was because the part in the parcel delivery had been out of stock when I ordered. I don't know why this has to affect the rest of the order, as its tracking has been on "Received at nearest hub" for a week now. Of course, the parcel delivery didn't arrive and hasn't even been picked yet. I emailed their complaints department on Monday asking for further explanation and a refund on the delivery cost if they can't bring the date forward (the website's terms and conditions says they "will deliver your order within 30 days of the order date unless otherwise agreed"), but I've gotten no response. Having shopped a lot at IKEA, I'm so disappointed with the appalling online customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭finlma

Does anyone know if Ikea are delivering. Trying to order a few small bits to an address down the country and every day we try to complete the order we get a message saying:
    "Sorry, there are currently no delivery options available. Please check back tomorrow. Thank you for your patience."

We've checked back a good few days and keep getting the same message.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sesame

Change a few things and recheck the delivery date each time. It seems to be related to stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

Ordered 3 photo frames from IKEA on 23rd March with Planned Delivery Date listed as tomorrow (April 8th) on order confirmation email..chances of them arriving on schedule?? Haven't got any email since to say they're dispatched or anything...

tadgho wrote: »
    Ordered 3 photo frames from IKEA on 23rd March with Planned Delivery Date listed as tomorrow (April 8th) on order confirmation email..chances of them arriving on schedule?? Haven't got any email since to say they're dispatched or anything...

Probably not, with my order that didn't arrive on the scheduled date they even sent out an email a couple of days before confirming my delivery was due. Best to ring them in morning and they'll more than likely tell you its been delayed for whatever reason. Ridiculous customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

tadgho wrote: »

Update: order arrived this morning. Ordered 23rd March, received 10th April. Take from that what you will! Slow but got here in the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 wes16586

I've been looking to buy picture frames in bulk but most sites are UK based and I'm worried about customs charges. I know there may be delays with IKEA deliveries but do I need to worry about customs/brexit charges if order from the ikea.ie site? I read some tweets in Jan about people getting landed with massive customs bills.

wes16586 wrote: »
    I've been looking to buy picture frames in bulk but most sites are UK based and I'm worried about customs charges. I know there may be delays with IKEA deliveries but do I need to worry about customs/brexit charges if order from the ikea.ie site? I read some tweets in Jan about people getting landed with massive customs bills.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hjghj

I know - they were two separate questions!

Anyway, got through on a phone number to customer services. There is stock of the chairs in the store but no stock in the distribution centre for online deliveries. Pain.

I can't find their phone number or email address anywhere - ordered items on Sunday and reviewed them on Tuesday (Roscommon) very happy. Only thing is that one of the items arrived damaged and I'm trying to contact someone to have it returned but can;t find phone number/email anywhere. Thanks

• Advertisement

Ordered 3 weeks ago, was given April 22nd as delivery date, delivered at 8.45am today.

So it might take 3 weeks, but looks like you can depend on the date.

Was sent text yesterday and could track the delivery to the door - literally could see the van coming down the lane :)

Advertisement