Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iwoot mystery geek t-shirt offer.

• 15-08-2019 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭

They are selling 10 t-shirts for £30.

I got five a good while back and they are very good quality even after dozens of washes they hold the size and shape.

They're grand for chilling out at home or around the garden if you don't mind nerdy things on a t-shirt.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Xterminator

i bought a previous 10 pack too.

they are not subtle designs but are gaming or movie themed. quality is nice. no duplicates. i think they are on the slightly small side so i usually got 1 size larger for comfort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,557 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,228 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

• Subscribers Posts: 41,837 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ordered a 10 pack.. interesting to see what they have, and how they compare to the qwertee types

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭chonix

• Advertisement

chonix wrote: »
    Same parent company (The Hut Group).

Zavvi charge £1.99 for postage, so you could save £2 buying from them instead of IWOOT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Xterminator

i am a regular qwertee buyer, and thats exactly what i was comparing mine to.

i felt i would wear about 7 of them happily, there was one i gave away as i wouldn't wear it, and two i wasn't mad about.

But queteee's are very clever and sometime subtle. The iwoot/zavvi's are not. They are straight up robocop written under a picture of robocop type tees. It not 'bad' but i've often been stopped by strangers or in a shop admining my quertees, and i dont think that would happen in a thousand years with the iwoot.

10 tees for 33 euro isnt to be sneezed at, but they would not be your favourite tees ... in my opinion.

I'm a big sucker for the Qwertee mystery bundles but the last 2 Zavvi bundles I got were poor and with a lot of doubles from when I bought before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I got a very similar deal last time round (the Zavvi one?) and the selection was really poor, with duplicates. Only about 3 I'd actually wear

Luckily enough two of my boys are big enough to wear mens large, so they will probably commandeer these. Still ok at about €3.50 each.

I'll let you know about the variety and duplicity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Just ordered the iwoot box. Hopefully it's decent.

Thanks for sharing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Just got my 10 there... As it turns out they were all Lootcrate t-shirts which I was happy with as I have a good few of them already... Out of the 10 there was only 2 that I didn't really like.

Ordered on Friday and received today via Fastway. Certainly feel it was well worth it

were they the ZBox/Threads box t-shirts from Zavvi?
    do you have pics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Skerries wrote: »
    were they the ZBox/Threads box t-shirts from Zavvi?
    do you have pics?

They were the iwoot ones...

I've sealed them back up as I'm at work but these are a few of the designs I got:

91A63rV%2B2YL._UX679_.jpgghostbuster17_700x700.jpg?v=1552601984
    norsevault_700x700.jpg?v=15526021881519173880-10966-289.jpg

I figure if I like 3 of them and 3 aren't too embarrassing to wear to play football and the rest can be used as pyjamas then I'll be happy enough. :P

I figure if I like 3 of them and 3 aren't too embarrassing to wear to play football and the rest can be used as pyjamas then I'll be happy enough. :P

i got a friggen pocahontas t from a geek gearbox and I wear that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Mine arrived too, time to clear out a cupboard.

Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, Transformers and other stuff I never heard of.

Nice selection all different logos and all different colours.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Same parent company (The Hut Group).

Zavvi charge £1.99 for postage, so you could save £2 buying from them instead of IWOOT.

Zavvi is 3.99 postage as far as I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭donnacha

Any feedback on size?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Got mine, and I'm pretty happy. Sizes are a bit all over the shop. They seem to be mainly left overs from loot boxes or nerd crates etc.

I got a nice Blade Runner Wallace corporation one, Two different Zelda, a Diablo, God of War, ninja turtles, GI joe, something called blame and I even ended up with a button up shirt for the USCSS Nostromo from Aliens.

Only miss was a long sleeved white airbender one.

Zavvi is 3.99 postage as far as I can see.
    It says £1.99 standard delivery for me: https://www.zavvi.com/articles/international-delivery.list

Is it £3.99 when you go to order?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭scottigael

It says £1.99 standard delivery for me: https://www.zavvi.com/articles/international-delivery.list

Is it £3.99 when you go to order?

It was 3.99 when I ordered it the other day from zavvi with the free zbox, maybe theyre charging postage for the free box and the clothes box each

Got mine today too.

I'm claiming :
    Button up alien shirt
    Rugrats reptor tee
    Diablo tee

Boy #1 is claiming:
    Blame tee
    Zelda tee
    Turtles tee

Boy #2 is claiming:
    Long sleeve white air bender.
    Gi Joe part camo tee

Can't recall the other two right now.

Happy enough at that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Some pics attached of mine.

488672.jpg

488673.jpg

Got mine today. Great haul. Very happy.

I will definitely get this again

scottigael wrote: »
    It was 3.99 when I ordered it the other day from zavvi with the free zbox, maybe theyre charging postage for the free box and the clothes box each

yeah it was free for the t-shirts but they charged for the zbox

just bought a zbox pack with the free zbox for my bro's birthday. super cool can't wait to see what he gets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

This thread oozes tragic.

Any/everyone else still waiting for theirs?

yup!

Any/everyone else still waiting for theirs?

Have my bros still in the bag. Waitin for him to show up so i can see what he got :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 aslanroars

Got the t shirts today .not overly impressed.still waiting on the loot box .hopefully something interesting in there for my son.

At 4 euro a pop they're grand t-shirts for around the place.

You wouldn't get a pint for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

Got mine yesterday and I was very impressed overall to be honest. Mine were mostly gaming-related - Halo, Diablo, Blizzard etc. but there were some nice TV ones as well (Stranger Things and Mr Robot). There were a couple of Anime ones I'm not familiar with and an absolutely hideous transformers shirt that will only be worn when I need to do some painting. The loot box was alright - a batman villain toy, Captain America comic, loot box t-shirt and Jurassic park collectors coin - might come in handy as gifts for kids Birthdays/playdates etc. I'd buy them again next year if the offer comes back around. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Received my t-shirts today but no sign of the zbox.
    From the t-shirts I got a Voltron t-shirt that might be large boys, definitely not large mens. And a Star Trek cardigan that might be large womens? Not large mens anyway.
    The rest fit fine. Two anime ones I never heard of, Turtles, Zelda, Rick & Morty, Pacific Rim, Fantasic Beasts and the Alien shirt.

mcgovern wrote: »
    Star Trek cardigan

bit on the nose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

mcgovern wrote: »
    Received my t-shirts today but no sign of the zbox.

Oddly, received my zbox yesterday, but no sign of my t-shirts. Will pop up to Temple Street Hospital and see if they want the toys.

here is what I got in the ZBOX

CXS07cA.jpg

• Advertisement

Way better than mine haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I love some of the Tees you guys got great colours and designs. The last time I got the 5 for €15 offer 4 of the Tees were white and only one had a design I liked enough to wear. The one dark one I got was black with a print of a red arcade machine coin slot with "Push to reject" on it. My girlfriend had a great laugh at my expense pushing my chest.

At 4 euro a pop they're grand t-shirts for around the place.

You wouldn't get a pint for it.

Anyone wearing those should by rights not be of a legal age to purchase alcohol.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Anyone wearing those should by rights not be of a legal age to purchase alcohol.

Any fashion tips you have for us would be greatly appreciated Sam.

What t-shirts are trendy at the moment, or are you more of a shirt and tie guy?

Any fashion tips you have for us would be greatly appreciated Sam.

What t-shirts are trendy at the moment, or are you more of a shirt and tie guy?

I find that most will exude cool with the addition of this accessory to many outfits
    il_794xN.1756923010_q2rn.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

Anybody waiting on this order? Put in my order on the 20th of August, have heard nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Skerries wrote: »
    yeah it was free for the t-shirts but they charged for the zbox

Just seeing this now. So free without the Zbox? My Zbox was a waste of time... still waiting on the t shirts

Still waiting myself. No charge on card yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 InfoHungry

Still waiting myself. No charge on card yet.

Just wondering did you get yours yet? I'm in the same boat. No charge gone from my card and order still says processing.

InfoHungry wrote: »
    Just wondering did you get yours yet? I'm in the same boat. No charge gone from my card and order still says processing.

Nothing. Didn't create an account so can't get much info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement