Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

I don't mind waiting, it's not knowing that I hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Just off the chat with the Amazon rep and he "expedited the delivery method" (I had chosen standard) - said i should get a delivery email in 24-48 hours and the item in 4-5 days. Hopefully .. looking forward to my first brew!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

LizardKing wrote: »
    Just off the chat with the Amazon rep and he "expedited the delivery method" (I had chosen standard) - said i should get a delivery email in 24-48 hours and the item in 4-5 days. Hopefully .. looking forward to my first brew!

Does it show delivery ETA on your order details page?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

I emailed CS saying I'd ordered on 23rd and hoped to of had the machine by now. Response below. The scrip is very empathetic and personal.

"Hi,
    I understand that you'd had ordered this item a week ago and it has not been shipped yet. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience caused due to this order. Let me look into this for you and I'll do my best to help you with this.

I've checked and can see that your order #202-81 is delayed because of some unforeseen error at the fulfilment centre. Please accept my sincere apologies for this delay.

As our valued customer, your satisfaction is our top priority and we certainly do not intend to cause inconvenience to you. Please be assured that we are here to make things easier for you and prevent you from bearing any loss.

Please be assured, I have asked our transportation department to look into this order for you. Please note that while most issues are resolved within 2-3 business days. They will contact you again within 2-3 business days with an update. Please be aware that this is the maximum amount of time it will take for us to update you.

On a personal level, I highly appreciate your patience, cooperation and understanding in this matter. Please give us another chance to make you proud and we'll do our best to live up to your expectations. Do remember that you can always reach out to us, if you require further assistance and we'll be delighted to help.

You take care now. Have a great weekend "

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭racersedge

I got a similar email from them after sending one yesterday myself. Then a couple of hours later my delivery date got updated from a “we don’t know” to a ‘December 6-12’. Only time will tell if that is just them fudging the goal posts.

• Advertisement

Does it show delivery ETA on your order details page?

No still says unknown 😖

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Mine is allegedly with parcel motel....ill believe it when i have it out of the box, and pouring coffee!!

Mine is allegedly with parcel motel....ill believe it when i have it out of the box, and pouring coffee!!
    how much was parcel motels fee on that one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

Ordered on the 24th of Nov, no delivery date, orders screen just says "We'll e-mail you when we have a delivery date"

I contacted chat support on amazon wondering where it was.
    "I have checked and can see that delivery date has not been given for the item. Upon checking further, I can see that the item entered the shipping process on 3 December 2017 and the item is now at the final stage of dispatch process. Please be assured that an email confirmation with the tracking and delivery details will be sent to you as soon as the item has been dispatched."

Mines a Christmas present, but still I'd rather have it now than be worrying about not getting it!!!!
    They could do with providing a bit more info than that panic inducing message, even a ball park would be handy.

some update on my order placed on 23rd
    after lots of chat sessions to customer care , something changed yesterday .
    Now its showing "preparing for dispatch" instead of "dispatch date pending"
    however the message about delivery date is still there "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

hope will get this dispatched soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Eve12345

Spoke to supervisor today, said they have no direct contact to a fulfilment centre so any requests are just escalated. Got told numerous different excuses each time I contacted them before, the best one was to cancel the order and re-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭emy

asharkman wrote: »
    Ordered on the 24th of Nov, no delivery date, orders screen just says "We'll e-mail you when we have a delivery date"

Same message here. I cancelled it and continue using my Saphirea for now, although it would have been a good buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

emy wrote: »
    Same message here. I cancelled it and continue using my Saphirea for now, although it would have been a good buy!
    It's now at 250£. Would love one but can't justify the price. Only me who drinks coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭smileyme1984

Ordered one on the 27th and got an email earlier to say it is ready for dispatch with arrival date expected as 8th-12th December!

Fingers crossed it's here for Christmas!

Got a dispatched email early this morning (ordered on the 24th)

racersedge wrote: »
    Got a dispatched email early this morning (ordered on the 24th)

To parcel motel or Irish address ?

Still nothing changed for me ... I got back onto Help chat and was told to wait another 24 hours , they assured me they'd have an update sent to me either way. pretty frustrating ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Excellent machine, love my one. You can choose two different cup sizes also.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

I ordered on the 30th November. I had the same problem with unknown delivery date. I contacted customer support twice and got more or less the same type of replies you guys were getting here.

Anyhow just now I went in and changed my delivery address to my parcel wizard one and the delivery date updated to the 8th of December. So then I switched the delivery address back to my original address and I’m getting a delivery date between the 7th to the 11th. So it’s worth a try for anyone still stuck in limbo.

Just collected mine....ordered it on 23rd...came via parcel motel....

Quick Q or anyone that has one...have it set up, filled with water and beans...its turned on...3 lights are flashing....and have been for a few minutes...is this normal? Like an initial start up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Did you read instructions? Page 9-10......

mad m wrote:
    Did you read instructions? Page 9-10......

Yep....sure did...n then got it sorted....note to self....instructions come for a reason!! Would never of figured it out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Frank11

Ordered on 25th Nov, just changed my address as below and got an arriving date of the 8th. Think I'll leave the address as PM. Thanks.
    DarkBlonde wrote: »
    I ordered on the 30th November. I had the same problem with unknown delivery date. I contacted customer support twice and got more or less the same type of replies you guys were getting here.

Anyhow just now I went in and changed my delivery address to my parcel wizard one and the delivery date updated to the 8th of December. So then I switched the delivery address back to my original address and I’m getting a delivery date between the 7th to the 11th. So it’s worth a try for anyone still stuck in limbo.

DarkBlonde wrote: »

Went to change my address to PM but that option not there anymore and status is "preparing for dispatch", i hope its on last dispatching state . Will wait another day before contacting them again (7th time)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

Went to change my address to PM but that option not there anymore and status is "preparing for dispatch", i hope its on last dispatching state . Will wait another day before contacting them again (7th time)

That’s definitely going to dispatch fairly soon so. Hopefully you’ll have a dispatch email by tomorrow!

To parcel motel or Irish address ?

Irish address. Was getting it sent to work as figured size wise it would be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

emy wrote: »
    According to their website it does require a cartridge filter, but even with that one attached I would not trust it. It can be used, there is no harm in it, better than nothing. Personally I have filter system installed under the sink and use it for domestic purpose, also fill the water tank when needs.
    I fixed lots off coffees machines equipped with water systems, but none of them could stop 100% the limescale. The coffee boiler and steam boiler always are the victim of it.
    To keep the machine clean, use that cartridge filter provided, descale the machine regularly, I use second stage of water filter (now my water system needs service, I ll do it myself), instead, I use water from Brita water filter.
    One more thing is to remove the brewing unit, clean it up and use silicone grease for brewing sealing and around the piston area, each fortnight. If all these are not working call me :)
    This is the cartridge filter:
    https://www.4delonghi.co.uk/magnifica/esam-4200/water-filter/product.pl?pid=955782&path=606454,640999&refine=filter&model_ref=566716

You wouldn't by any chance know how this filter is installed?
    I have a couple of the filter above, but can find no instructions or direction on how it is fitted?
    The only instruction I can find are for the "in tank" filter which is a different part.

Was told today by chat "help" that the item is "OUT OF STOCK" - they are contacting the buying dept. to check when it will be back.

Was told again I'd be updated in 24 hours ...

Having been told 3 or 4 different stories and having no updates from them is very frustrating.

Still shows up as "
    Not yet dispatched
    Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.
    "

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

LizardKing wrote:
    Was told today by chat "help" that the item is "OUT OF STOCK" - they are contacting the buying dept. to check when it will be back.

LizardKing wrote:
    Having been told 3 or 4 different stories and having no updates from them is very frustrating.

LizardKing wrote:
    Was told again I'd be updated in 24 hours ...

LizardKing wrote:
    Still shows up as " Not yet dispatched Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date. "

Ah bummer....what date did you order...mine arrived yesterday!!

• Advertisement

Ah bummer....what date did you order...mine arrived yesterday!!

I ordered 1st on 23rd and then cancelled it and re-ordered on 24th. Both times it showed up as In Stock

Not the end of the world if I don;t get it by Christmas but poor from Amazon none the less. They must have sold a shed load of these to Boardsies!!!

Advertisement