Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Would this be better than a Gaggia classic?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

mad m wrote: »
    Would this be better than a Gaggia classic?

I've had both this and the gaggia classic. My classic died on me and i replaced with this.

Its a lot more convenient that the classic and creates less mess (although that could be just me).

Its very good value at this price, i would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,968 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I have this over 3 years. I get great use out of it, makes a lovely cup of coffee, and very convenient. Well recommended. my only problem was drinking too much coffee !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Is anyone else having issues with the dial to turn on the milk steamer.

Mine seems to be on the way out. It is still turning but is making a cracking noise like it is missing cogs or something.

Where would be a good place for replacement parts if needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

Is this the best value bean to cup around at the minute?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

xabi wrote: »
    Is this the best value bean to cup around at the minute?

I'd say without a doubt. Been watching this for about a year waiting for it to go to 199 sterling. Jumped on it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

Barr wrote: »

Mine seems to be on the way out. It is still turning but is making a cracking noise like it is missing cogs or something.

Same happened mine, try here:
    https://www.4delonghi.co.uk/search.pl?query=Delonghi+control+knob

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭supue

Barr wrote: »

My dial has been stiff since I received it, but still going strong. Drop De Longhi support a line as a starting point and see what they say - is it within warranty?

onform wrote: »

Sorry, missed this reply

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

onform wrote: »

Great thanks for that :) Mine is out of warranty but part seems cheap anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ryant1981

How are people getting these delivered to Ireland ? Address Pal or Parcel Motel ? and what is the cost of P&P ? €25 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

ryant1981 wrote:
    How are people getting these delivered to Ireland ? Address Pal or Parcel Motel ? and what is the cost of P&P ? €25 ?

That should be free super saver delivery to Ireland

NATLOR wrote: »
    That should be free super saver delivery to Ireland

Correct it’s £6 for quicker, or free with a slightly longer wait

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ryant1981

supue wrote: »
    Correct it’s £6 for quicker, or free with a slightly longer wait

Sorry, i should have said, this is for delivery of the DeLonghi coffee machine on Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-Magnifica-Espresso-Cappuccino-ESAM4200/dp/B001EOMZ5E/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1511516100&sr=8-4&keywords=delonghi+bean+to+cup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

ryant1981 wrote:
    Sorry, i should have said, this is for delivery of the DeLonghi coffee machine on Amazon.

The above answers were for that product

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

After much deliberation, just pulled the trigger on this....first machine away from nespresso....hopefully i wont be disappointed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

The trigger finger got the better of me as well, ended up getting the delonghi magnifica esam4200 for £198 from amazon.co.uk

theduffer wrote:
    The trigger finger got the better of me as well, ended up getting the delonghi magnifica esam4200 for £198 from amazon.co.uk

Same...picked up a milk jug and 1kg of lavazza beans to go with it :-)

You won't be disappointed coming from a Nespresso.

My Nespresso is sitting lonely on the counter - the only time it gets some use is when some weirdo friends ask for a decaf :D I get a weekly supply of 3FE beans into mine - get some good quality beans and it blows the Nespresso out of the water...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

After much deliberation, just pulled the trigger on this....first machine away from nespresso....hopefully i wont be disappointed!!

You will not be disappointed. I pulled the trigger last year on Black Friday. This is sooooo much better than nespresso and cheaper in the long run.

Get yourself good beans.

I use these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002M2PQ9E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭roper1664

Hello, when I go to Amazon check out for the ESAM4200, the price increases from GBP 198.99 to GBP 203.97, even with free postage selected, is this VAT, or am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

roper1664 wrote: »
    Hello, when I go to Amazon check out for the ESAM4200, the price increases from GBP 198.99 to GBP 203.97, even with free postage selected, is this VAT, or am I doing something wrong?

Irish vat

givecredit wrote: »
    Irish vat

Thanks for the quick reply, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't paying something that wasn't compulsory 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

givecredit wrote: »
    Irish vat

I've been meaning to ask about that for a while now, thanks for clarifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭emy

I just got one myself too. ESAM 4200, the price is too good. My daily coffee machine is Franke Saphira, I might put it on sale now, for only two coffees daily Saphira is overkill for me. Compact coffee machines are not my best choice, but for the price and two coffees a day, it might be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Is anyone who bought recently getting the below in Amazon order status ?

"
    Not yet dispatched
    Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.
    "

Hoping its not on back order as this is a chrimbo gift (to myself)

Cheers

LK--<

LizardKing wrote: »
    Is anyone who bought recently getting the below in Amazon order status ?

"
    Not yet dispatched
    Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.
    "

Hoping its not on back order as this is a chrimbo gift (to myself)

Cheers

LK--<

I'm getting this: "We'll dispatch your order as soon as possible.
    This usually happens when an item doesn't have a release date, it's pre-ordered, or it's out of stock."

Bit ridiculous as there was no warning when I payed yesterday morning, and the delivery is supposed to be 3-5 days, so I am expecting it by Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭mcbobbyb

I was chatting to someone on their help page and they said it may not be in stock. They don't charge until it dispatches. I ended up cancelling and ordering from another site that had it on sale at the same price.

Yeah thinking the same.....bit pissed bout it...hope it wasnt too good to be through!!

And i ordered beans and jug which were dispatched today!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

mcbobbyb wrote: »
    I was chatting to someone on their help page and they said it may not be in stock. They don't charge until it dispatches. I ended up cancelling and ordering from another site that had it on sale at the same price.

Whats the other site?

Advertisement