Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Arciphel wrote: »
    Jesus - nearly a grand for an Ikea daybed in someone's back garden with your own semi-detatched shed - in fkn Clonee (no disrespect to Clonee, I'm sure it's a lovely place and all, but Dublin city centre it ain't).

To be fair at least it's bright and clean looking, but jaysus that's depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Splash back too expensive? Just cover the place in tinfoil..

IMG-20180730-_WA0000.jpg

IMG-20180730-_WA0001.jpg

IMG-20180730-_WA0002.jpg

IMG-20180730-_WA0003.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Jesus - nearly a grand for an Ikea daybed in someone's back garden with your own semi-detatched shed - in fkn Clonee (no disrespect to Clonee, I'm sure it's a lovely place and all, but Dublin city centre it ain't).

To be fair at least it's bright and clean looking, but jaysus that's depressing.

That's the smallest wash hand basin I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

xzanti wrote: »
    Better than a big filthy one though.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Jet Black wrote: »

At least the tinfoil reflects the light and makes the place brighter :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

xzanti wrote: »

You havn't seen these yet then?

Toilet-With-Sink-On-Top-Ideas.jpg

Tbh I'm a bit reluctant to post that as I might in fact be giving some 'developers' ideas ... :eek:

Jet Black wrote: »
    At least the tinfoil reflects the light and makes the place brighter :p

Keeps in the heat as well .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,982 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Fascinating twitter account
    Highlighting rental properties that don't meet minimum standards as evidenced via adverts
    https://twitter.com/RentalProperty8/status/1023888913746862080

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,311 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

zell12 wrote: »
    Fascinating twitter account
    Highlighting rental properties that don't meet minimum standards as evidenced via adverts
    https://twitter.com/RentalProperty8/status/1023888913746862080

That's going to be a gold mine for this thread.

Rubble? Place name checks out ...

https://touch.daft.ie/mayo/houses-for-sale/swinford/rubble-killasser-swinford-mayo-1768736
    ..in need of renovation, upgrade & some TLC

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    Not often you see a road that green.

Not often you see a road that green.

The weird thing is heading up the road - the lane is green - the tractor is green - the walls beside the bungalow are green. However if you turn around and head back from there - the road turns back to a normal road colour and the tractor is blue! Go figure....

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gidea

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    325k for a 30sq meter house. That's almost 11k per sq meter. Christ almighty. :eek:
    "COME SEE FOR YOURSELF" - see what? It's a hovel.

And the bathroom was only accessible from the outside :eek:

if you slept in the room at the front of the house you'd have to walk through another bedroom and outside to take a piss in the middle of the night.. :pac:

****e like thats needs to be knocked down not sold for 325k

Gidea wrote: »
    And the bathroom was only accessible from the outside :eek:

if you slept in the room at the front of the house you'd have to walk through another bedroom and outside to take a piss in the middle of the night.. :pac:

****e like thats needs to be knocked down not sold for 325k
    The real issue is hot the value of the property, that hovel is worthless, it's the land it's located on that's valued as 325k.
    If you demolished the house the land would be valued at even more as a developer wouldn't need to clear the site first.
    In reality a whole street would need to be cleared to allow for the construction of a block of decent sized flats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The real issue is hot the value of the property, that hovel is worthless, it's the land it's located on that's valued as 325k.
    If you demolished the house the land would be valued at even more as a developer wouldn't need to clear the site first.
    In reality a whole street would need to be cleared to allow for the construction of a block of decent sized flats.

The land is more valuable with a derelict house on it. That means that you are guaranteed to get planning permission as there was already a dwelling there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Cant upload the pics as Im on mobile but for 1.6 million thiss will probably be up for a while anyway:

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/24-garville-road-rathgar-dublin-6/4263434

What a complete and utter turd, the complete wrongness of the design, exterior and interior, look at the 2 main internal rooms! We have more attractive prefab storerooms at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Thargor wrote: »
    Cant upload the pics as Im on mobile but for 1.6 million thiss will probably be up for a while anyway:

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/24-garville-road-rathgar-dublin-6/4263434

What a complete and utter turd, the complete wrongness of the design, exterior and interior, look at the 2 main internal rooms! We have more attractive prefab storerooms at work.

hahaha, thanks for that, this is categorie of worst modern buildings I've seen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭Archeron

Now that is horrible. And for a house worth that much, you would think the photos would be taken by somebody who didn't appear to be drunk. If I'm spending 1.6 million there are things I'd like to see more than the back of a parked car by a hedge and a cheap garden shed. Even the name of the estate agent sounds like a creature from a Harry potter film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭AllForIt

https://www.daft.ie/mayo/apartments-for-rent/castlebar/dereenmanish-castlebar-mayo-1860736/?ea=1&utm_source=property_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=property_alert_email_residential_to_let
    One bedroom apartment situated 1.5 miles from castlebar in a quite safe location. Fully furnished with all mod cons, it's ideal for one person. Bins and Wi-Fi are included in price. ONLY PEOPLE THAT HAVE A CAR WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please attach your full name and number to the E-mail. Thanks

Only ppl who own a car? WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,504 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

No. 24 Garville Road, Rathgar, Dublin 6.
    Purpose built-in 1995 by Architect John Diskin as his principal residence

FFS, I pity the other people who hired him for their homes, that allowed him to build that monstrosity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just saw this on FB:

457856.jpg

457857.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I've been in one of those properties. It can look an awful lot better than that, but not a chance in hell would I pay that asking for the one offered in that condition. You'd get far better value elsewhere (even in Dublin) for that kind of budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

wonski wrote: »
    Just saw this on FB:

457856.jpg

457857.jpg

I despair.

Worst part is he/she will probably be flooded with calls on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Good that the Spar is only 5 minutes by feet, I was planning on using my hands :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

redcup342 wrote: »
    Sounds like they also want someone that can give a lift every so often :mad:

Or they're sick of being asked for lifts from tenants without a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭smunchkins

AllForIt wrote: »

Ah, I've got experience of this. Lots of "dreamers" wishing to escape to the country. They get attracted by the cheap price, rock up to the place (or try to rent it from afar as its so hard to get to). "Yes! Fully committed to staying!" and then cannot hack being stuck out in the sticks with no transport. Kinda had a similar suggestion on one of my adverts before. It has happened to me at least 4 times with potential and actual tenants/sharers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

smunchkins wrote: »
    Ah, I've got experience of this. Lots of "dreamers" wishing to escape to the country. They get attracted by the cheap price, rock up to the place (or try to rent it from afar as its so hard to get to). "Yes! Fully committed to staying!" and then cannot hack being stuck out in the sticks with no transport. Kinda had a similar suggestion on one of my adverts before. It has happened to me at least 4 times with potential and actual tenants/sharers.

1.5 miles from Castle bar for 120 euros a week .... yep ... looks like a "dream" alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

wonski wrote: »
    Just saw this on FB:

457856.jpg

457857.jpg

375 a month to share a room with 2 other people?
    Who in their right mind is going to go for that? Surely a bit outside the city you'd manage to get your own single bedroom for around 400.
    There's no way living in that location is worth having no privacy

Also the modern facilities are BY the house. So is the kitchen around the corner?

Advertisement