Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

somefeen wrote: »
    375 a month to share a room with 2 other people?
    Who in their right mind is going to go for that? Surely a bit outside the city you'd manage to get your own single bedroom for around 400.
    There's no way living in that location is worth having no privacy

Also the modern facilities are BY the house. So is the kitchen around the corner?
    English is not be certain the first tongue of the landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

English is not be certain the first tongue of the landlord. subletter

FYP

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Thargor wrote: »
    Cant upload the pics as Im on mobile but for 1.6 million thiss will probably be up for a while anyway:

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/24-garville-road-rathgar-dublin-6/4263434

What a complete and utter turd, the complete wrongness of the design, exterior and interior, look at the 2 main internal rooms! We have more attractive prefab storerooms at work.

That is shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

This is a bit special ...

"This is without a doubt the most grim ad we've seen on Daft yet"

https://www.buzz.ie/amp/latest/without-doubt-most-grim-ad-seen-daft-296248

Screen-Shot-2018-08-18-at-10.43.35-1024x704.png

Screen-Shot-2018-08-18-at-10.43.45-1024x728.png

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It is really like many of the old bedsitters...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Is there even space to open the oven? :eek:

Honestly, I have no idea how LL's think it's acceptable to put something as cramped as that on the market. You'd nearly treat cattle better :rolleyes:

gozunda wrote: »
    This is a bit special ...

"This is without a doubt the most grim ad we've seen on Daft yet"

https://www.buzz.ie/amp/latest/without-doubt-most-grim-ad-seen-daft-296248

Screen-Shot-2018-08-18-at-10.43.35-1024x704.png

Screen-Shot-2018-08-18-at-10.43.45-1024x728.png
    Could be worse!
    You could be renting the bed for only the night, someone else working the night shift could have it for the day.
    It's also bad if you're on the right side of the double bed, assuming it's been rented as a 3up room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Could be worse!
    You could be renting the bed for only the night, someone else working the night shift could have it for the day.
    It's also bad if you're on the right side of the double bed, assuming it's been rented as a 3up room.

I don't get it. Why the need to squeeze in this additional bed? why not just rent it to a couple with the double bed in it for the 1200? If the rent for 3 people is 400 per person =1200 in all, it's still a bargain for 1200 for a couple. Or did I miss something..?

tara73 wrote: »
    I don't get it. Why the need to squeeze in this additional bed? why not just rent it to a couple with the double bed in it for the 1200? If the rent for 3 people is 400 per person =1200 in all, it's still a bargain for 1200 for a couple. Or did I miss something..?

It's in the detail if the Daft.ie advert. The renter is looking to share the cost of the apartment(?) with one other person - hence the 'other' bed ..
    The studio its in city centre Dublin 8 15 min walk to spire .About me i m Professional 29 y old I would like to share my studio apartment, the studio brand new renovated I have 2 bed in the studio kitchen and electric shower very quiet. bills monthly just for energy (prepay) 30 50€monthly

See: https://touch.daft.ie/dublin/apartment-share/portobello/longwood-avenue-portobello-dublin-8-portobello-dublin-1033115

It's in the detail if the Daft.ie advert. The renter is looking to share the cost of the apartment(?) with one other person - hence the 'other' bed ..

See: https://touch.daft.ie/dublin/apartment-share/portobello/longwood-avenue-portobello-dublin-8-portobello-dublin-1033115

Ah well that makes more sense then. Still pretty grim though.

• Advertisement

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Ah well that makes more sense then. Still pretty grim though.

You would really need to get on very well with the other person, be very tidy and extremely understanding ....

I'd say Id last about 5 seconds at best ...

You would really need to get on very well with the other person, be very tidy and extremely understanding ....

if you were in desperate need of a roof over your head and a bed, you would be amazed what you could do.. trust me on that ;)

I absolutely would not have the patience myself, I couldn't be living that close to a stranger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

This thread stopped being funny some time ago. Maybe we can rename it Tragic Houses/Flates to rent.

Graces7 wrote: »
    if you were in desperate need of a roof over your head and a bed, you would be amazed what you could do.. trust me on that ;)

Trust me madam - I'd be sleeping under some good clean bushes in a field first ...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

“Delightful” partly completed “dream house”on the outskirts of Cork city. Just a snip at €175K.

https://www.daft.ie/cork/houses-for-sale/inniscarra/the-bridge-inniscarra-cork-1809828/

We are heading for a serious property crash. We haven’t learned anything since the last one, Not. One. Thing...

mikhail wrote: »
    This thread stopped being funny some time ago. Maybe we can rename it Tragic Houses/Flates to rent.

Unfortunately Tragedy & Comedy are often bedfellows on this thread. With Tragedy taking centre stage for sometime now. Most notable was the early identification of the one singular marker of tragic accommodation - The 'Crying chair'

And here is a photo of one of the very first "Crying chairs" ever featured on this thread some eight years ago...

yAqxyxIv07jKgYBSZXgtqv0mXpbtXx9ZYe-c7zRcEM1tPWRhZnQmaD00NTA=.jpg

What's new?

Trust me madam - I'd be sleeping under some good clean bushes in a field first ...

Inaccurate title... not very polite?... And i fully and sincerely hope that you are never in a real life situation to have to think of that. Many are .. better a place like that than a shop doorway.. Life has realities

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

tara73 wrote: »

€1200 a month for a bedsit is NOT a bargain.
    That is shocking.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    €1200 a month for a bedsit is NOT a bargain.
    That is shocking.

that is the real problem, the outrageous cost of accommodation .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Been following this thread for a laugh on and off for years. Now returning to Ireland looking for accomodation, not laughing any more!

Been following this thread for a laugh on and off for years. Now returning to Ireland looking for accomodation, not laughing any more!

sympathy here. I JUST got into a council property in a place no one wanted to live before the rental situation got so bad. Now there is almost nothing I could afford on rent allowance etc.
    my place is very basic and simple but it is a roof and a safe place.

Inaccurate title... not very polite?*... And i fully and sincerely hope that you are never in a real life situation to have to think of that. Many are .. better a place like that than a shop doorway.. Life has realities

That was my own response. I like bushes.
    I'm sure some others might consider the 'apartment' as a option ... ;)

Madam /ˈmædəm/, or, as French, madame/ˈmædəm/ or /məˈdɑːm/,[1] is a polite form of address for women, often contracted to ma'am /ˈmæm/. The abbreviation is "Mme" or "Mme" or "Mdm" and the plural is mesdames(abbreviated "Mmes" or "Mmes" or "Mdms"). The term was borrowed from the Frenchmadame (French pronunciation: ​[maˈdam]), which means "my lady".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

JupiterKid wrote: »
    “Delightful” partly completed “dream house”on the outskirts of Cork city. Just a snip at €175K.

I love the ultra-real floorplan graphic.

Oh wait...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Thargor wrote: »
    Cant upload the pics as Im on mobile but for 1.6 million thiss will probably be up for a while anyway:

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/24-garville-road-rathgar-dublin-6/4263434

What a complete and utter turd, the complete wrongness of the design, exterior and interior, look at the 2 main internal rooms! We have more attractive prefab storerooms at work.

This is the house equivalent of severe mental illness.

That was my own response. I like bushes.
    I'm sure some others might consider the 'apartment' as a option ... ;)

re your words re madam; yes I know all that but I am not your lady etc etc etc, and these days it has a sarcastic overtone..

PS I like bushes too but in Ireland they tend to be rather wet and insecty. and unsafe... I think you would hate where I live too, but there we are...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

JupiterKid wrote: »

https://www.daft.ie/cork/houses-for-sale/inniscarra/the-bridge-inniscarra-cork-1809828/

We are heading for a serious property crash. We haven’t learned anything since the last one, Not. One. Thing...

Why is the outdoor septic tank in what looks like the hallway??

retalivity wrote: »
    That's an oil tank.

re your words re madam; yes I know all that but I am not your lady etc etc etc, and these days it has a sarcastic overtone..
    PS I like bushes too but in Ireland they tend to be rather wet and insecty. and unsafe... I think you would hate where I live too, but there we are...

No sarcasm. Take it as you will . I know about bushes vs cramped flats etc - that's the point. thanks.

• Advertisement

retalivity wrote: »
    That's an oil tank.

Wondered the same myself :confused:

Advertisement