Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you do if you found out your sister in law had

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Just imagine that she told him, they talked and moved on wit their lives.

Then come back to AH when you’ve made up another new fantasy story in your head.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Actually it's
    The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.

Ah here can you give a warning next time. I don’t come to AH on a Saturday evening to learn stuff and sh!t.

Back on topic - bros before hos obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Told him last night. He doesn’t really know what to think. Stayed at my house last night, he didn’t see this coming, think he wants to take his time before making any decisions, which is good. He isn’t angry, yet anyway, just taken aback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Told him last night. He doesn’t really know what to think. Stayed at my house last night, he didn’t see this coming, think he wants to take his time before making any decisions, which is good. He isn’t angry, yet anyway, just taken aback.

Oh the anger will come. Best of luck to you and your brother. For what its worth, I think you had to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Candie wrote: »
    It's their business. If you're absolutely, definitely, 100% sure it was a one-off and will never happen again and her remorse is genuine, it doesn't seem worth upsetting the brother and possibly breaking up a marriage.

Either way, this isn't your story to tell and while you can steer her one way or another via threats etc., telling him yourself is a bad idea. People tend to shoot the messenger and the worse the news is, the more they get shot.

Tread carefully and be sensible.

I'm not criticising but if your sibling knew that your partner had an affair with someone else you'd expect them to keep it secret? It's probably personal preference but I'd want my siblings to tell me I was being cheated on and probably lied to.

You did the right thing. He's your brother. Why hide his partner's dishonesty from him? I don't get why people are saying it's nothing to do with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

If it was my sister in law , I’d track down the person they’d cheated with, break their white stick and kick their guide dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Normally I'd be in the stay out of it camp but a sibling, no way.

Sure sometimes affairs are once off, better off not confessing and just doubling down on your commitment and copping yourself on to fcuk but they do have a habit of coming out and if I found out my partner had been unfaithful and my sibling hadn't told me I honestly think I'd take that harder than the affair!

I don't believe that his wife won't do the same thing again, ultimately. No real choice. I hope he leaves her honestly. Me and him are going to America the week after next for him to have a change of scene and get a bit of perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ArrBee

I don't believe that his wife won't do the same thing again, ultimately. No real choice. I hope he leaves her honestly. Me and him are going to America the week after next for him to have a change of scene and get a bit of perspective.

"bit of perspective" = coke and hookers?

ArrBee wrote: »
    "bit of perspective" = coke and hookers?
    No, certainly don't want to be indulging over there. Going to go to a few sights, that kind of thing. Probably walk around the city a lot too.

Maybe there's no right or wrong here but it's interesting the range in views on affairs people have. Is a once off affair not that bad? How would you get the impression from someone that it's a once off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Maybe there's no right or wrong here but it's interesting the range in views on affairs people have. Is a once off affair not that bad? How would you get the impression from someone that it's a once off?

Tbf virtually everyone cheats eventually

For some people its such a fright at taught of what they stand to lose cops them on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Would it be different if a man cheated on your sister with another man? I have a feeling some people would think that was worse than two women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I need to know how she holds her liquor?

• Advertisement

_blaaz wrote: »
    Tbf virtually everyone cheats eventually

For some people its such a fright at taught of what they stand to lose cops them on

Maybe but I'd move onto another if my partner cheated. I think I'd actually break up with her if I cheated too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

I need to know how she holds her liquor?

By the ears??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

Two lesbians. Sisters. I'm just watching.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭Sajid Javid

That is adultery and adultery is a sin, Ignoring a sin has it risks. If down the road your sister in law decides she is 100% lesbian and files for a divorce and children are involved the division of any assets will be less favorable to your brother who may end up homeless telling him now would give him time to make a choice maybe allow him take control of the finances and put some assets beyond her reach.
    The majority of applications for Judicial separation are filed by the woman at a time of their choosing after all available family money has been relocated for the benefit of the wife, loans my be taken out and knew cars purchased leaving you brother hanging by his balls.Not telling him could end up proper mistake and blood is thicker than water unless of course she was giving you a licking that would change everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

OP your post is very vague. Are we talking strap ons, dildos, vibrators or lick-outs? Could you be more specific?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

That is adultery and adultery is a sin, Ignoring a sin has it risks. If down the road your sister in law decides she is 100% lesbian and files for a divorce and children are involved the division of any assets will be less favorable to your brother who may end up homeless telling him now would give him time to make a choice maybe allow him take control of the finances and put some assets beyond her reach.
    The majority of applications for Judicial separation are filed by the woman at a time of their choosing after all available family money has been relocated for the benefit of the wife, loans my be taken out and knew cars purchased leaving you brother hanging by his balls.Not telling him could end up proper mistake and blood is thicker than water unless of course she was giving you a licking that would change everything

A lot of the above happened to Ross in friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Not that OP needs our advice anymore ... while I wouldn't have said anything direct to the brother, I would have suggested to the wife it's a shame she doesn't feel she can share *this* with her husband.
    - Also wonder if in reality it is possible for the brother in law to know she was exploring with another woman, but the husband had not suspected anything: these things resurface naturally.

Advertisement