Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheating.

• 15-04-2019 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Anyone been hurt by a 'Cheating wife' how did it effect you then and now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I'll never forget it.
    We were at the kitchen table.
    I looked straight into her eyes and asked her;
    'Did you renege on me?!'

She haughtily threw down her cards and coldly walked off.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Monopoly will never be the same since she skimmed and extra tenner out of the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I'm convinced my conniving Toaster is using some sort of app to cheat at electronic Scrabble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

An ex cheated on me.

I could handle the actual cheating, but it was her gaslighting & lying which bothered me the most.

People can make mistakes, but when someone proves you really can't trust them, it's over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

jimgoose wrote: »
    I'm convinced my conniving Toaster is using some sort of app to cheat at electronic Scrabble.

Forget the wife. The cat has been found talking to Alexa. They are up to no good ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    An ex cheated on me.

I could handle the actual cheating, but it was her gaslighting & lying which bothered me the most.

People can make mistakes, but when someone proves you really can't trust them, it's over.

yes the sneaking around and the lies over the years, it's a bit hard to shake off. If they don't love you anymore why can't they just tell you and everyone can move on.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

God knows what it gets up to in the cupboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

kneemos wrote: »
    God knows what it gets up to in the cupboard.

It's a She. I mean "toaster" in the Battlestar Galactica sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

It's a She. I mean "toaster" in the Battlestar Galactica sense.
    Fracking machines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Got cheated on once too.
    You know what makes her more of a cu*t tho? :pac: when her blatant lies were being obvious and something was going on she looked me dead in the eye and said it was all in my head and I was being paranoid. I would later find out eveything. of course not through her. could never tell the truth.

what. a. cu*t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Got cheated on once too.
    You know what makes her more of a cu*t tho? :pac: when her blatant lies were being obvious and something was going on she looked me dead in the eye and said it was all in my head and I was being paranoid. I would later find out eveything. of course not through her. could never tell the truth.

what. a. cu*t.

I pity the fool.. said no one ever before in response to any of your previous posts

Got cheated on once too.

what. a. cu*t.

I think people like that can't even be honest with themselves. Really would like to know how someone like that's mind works. Is it a case of "this guy is so fking stupid I can just say I'm doing nothing wrong and he'll believe me and I can go on riding on the side" or is it "I am perfect so it's impossible for someone perfect like me to be doing something like this therefore he's imagining it" ....

Why not just call it a day? Bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Things my ex-wife said to me: It's not you, it's me. I need to get my head together. You're the only one I've ever loved. There's no one else.

Things my ex-wife did: Had a child (with the 'no one else'). Lived with him. Married him.

Good riddance. :pac:

World smallest violin part: She's now a widow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Things my ex-wife said to me: It's not you, it's me. I need to get my head together. You're the only one I've ever loved. There's no one else.

Things my ex-wife did: Had a child (with the 'no one else'). Lived with him. Married him.

Good riddance. :pac:

World smallest violin part: She's now a widow.

Good man, how did you kill him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

decky1 wrote: »
    Anyone been hurt by a 'Cheating wife' how did it effect you then and now?

Not directly hurt by a cheating wife, it was her husband that did most of the damage.

PARlance wrote: »
    Good man, how did you kill him?

I gave him lung cancer.

Although many would claim it was the fags...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I read a book once that referenced a huge DNA study - a lot more children turned out to be illegitimate that you would think. A lot more.

Got cheated on once too.

what. a. cu*t.

C**t does'nt even begin to describe these, when you find out all the pieces seem to fit into place, the things they said and did at that time seem out of place for them to be saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

The one chap I'd suspicions about ended up living with her and getting married too her. 🀣
    But i was a paranoid freak and it was really insulting that I'd be so suspicious ...haha

Seems plenty of same stories as above .stupid lies and getting caught out by change of behaviour...

In answering the OP I was pissed off cos we'd a kid together and felt bad for him but was delighted when she left. She had sucked the joy out of everything with her lies and deception.

Was kinda funny I helped her move out of the house and a card from your man fell out of the box I was carrying. I laughed as I handed it to her...

I'd a really good few years enjoying myself. Met somebody else then and got married again...like a dope...ha...actually no it's completely different now. Actually what I had previous was a disaster compared to my marriage now.

I see my son (he 17 now) whenever I want so it's all good. Dont see her much cos i deal with my son. She pretty much dead to me...bar occasional whatsapps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I cheated in a spelling test once...got caught and the teacher beat me with the leg of a chair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I read a book once that referenced a huge DNA study - a lot more children turned out to be illegitimate that you would think. A lot more.

I'm sure those DNA kits that are becoming big sellers are exposing quite a lot of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Not a wife, but my long term partner had an affair. We broke up around 9 months ago.

The cheating isn't that bad. It's painful, but like everyone said already, the lies are worse.

What hurt me the most is a toss up between two things - knowing that he was too busy shagging her while I was on the brink of death in hospital with sepsis to visit, that hurt.

Or that because I have a mental illness (which has been stable and unmedicated for 4 years), he convinced me I was mentally unwell again and imagining it, to the point where I went to my doctor seeking help. Thankfully she reassured me I wasn't unwell :)

But they hurt an awful lot more than the cheating. Cheating is bad, but the callous, nasty stuff is far worse.

But sure it's grand. These things happen. We've all been through relationships that turned bad, and we all get through them :) i wish the two of them a long, happy relationship because the longer they're happy together, the longer they're not hurting people :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Not a wife, but my long term partner had an affair. We broke up around 9 months ago.

The cheating isn't that bad. It's painful, but like everyone said already, the lies are worse.

What hurt me the most is a toss up between two things - knowing that he was too busy shagging her while I was on the brink of death in hospital with sepsis to visit, that hurt.

Or that because I have a mental illness (which has been stable and unmedicated for 4 years), he convinced me I was mentally unwell again and imagining it, to the point where I went to my doctor seeking help. Thankfully she reassured me I wasn't unwell :)

But they hurt an awful lot more than the cheating. Cheating is bad, but the callous, nasty stuff is far worse.

But sure it's grand. These things happen. We've all been through relationships that turned bad, and we all get through them :) i wish the two of them a long, happy relationship because the longer they're happy together, the longer they're not hurting people :)

What a great attitude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,556 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Got cheated on once too.

what. a. cu*t.
    I know the type! Blatant blatant lies that she even trips herself up on . Nothing better than lying to me in front of her friends, who all nod and agree even though most, if not all of them know exactly what she’s like. In my case she was narcissistic fcuking psychopath. Good riddance

tony1980 wrote: »
    What a great attitude!

Ah sure there's no point in having a bad attitude about it, that won't make my life any better. :)

He obviously wasn't the right man for me despite what i thought, so meh, i genuinely hope he's found whatever it is he's looking for.

the bit about your mental issues and how he/she treated you is so true . Google tells me it’s called Gaslighting. Stay strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Dalomanakora, well done on staying so strong. A nightmare scenario

Thanks for the really kind posts!

I'm all good though! My doctor telling me I was still healthy and stable was enough to renew some strength in me. I was mad to even allow someone's actions to have that kind of effect on me. But you live and learn :) I'm happy now anyway so no harm done really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    An ex cheated on me.

I have a similar outlook around humans and the mistakes we can make. An ex cheated on me and broke down and confessed. I actually felt sorry for her at the time. She was genuinely remorseful.

We tried to make it work but to be honest the trust was gone so I called it a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Illegitimate means born out of wedlock, not that the mother cheated.
    So a DNA test won't tell you that, only a birth cert and marriage cert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

rgodard80a wrote:
    Illegitimate means born out of wedlock, not that the mother cheated. So a DNA test won't tell you that, only a birth cert and marriage cert.

yes but DNA testing will show up if the father is not the father

best wishes for the future , you seem like a real fighter and you will beat this and find happiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

She kept coming back later-and-later each evening and became more aloof than ever. Got up one morning and she was gone. She had moved in with a neighbour and I never saw it coming. She just couldn't stop herself when it came to getting premium brand foods and all manner of interesting toys. I'll never forget Miss Tiddles.

cjmc wrote: »
    I know the type! Blatant blatant lies that she even trips herself up on . Nothing better than lying to me in front of her friends, who all nod and agree even though most, if not all of them know exactly what she’s like. In my case she was narcissistic fcuking psychopath. Good riddance

Narcissistic never gave that word much thought till this happened she love doing things for people and then telling everyone who she had helped etc, shes got on her high horse and said she's staying in the house as [sob sob] she's nowhere to go and half the house is her's[although she never worked since we got married] , her long time lover/c**t won't have anything to do with her as he heard she was with someone else ironic if nothing else.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I was about to propose to my girlfriend when my roommate Joseph barged into the room out of nowhere, tripped, and fell over, breaking a glass table with his face. Totally ruined the mood. Now I don't know Joseph THAT well, don't even remember where he was from, but let's say I put my plans on hold to help him through his injuries.

Joseph had gotten a big glass shard in his eye, making him completely blind in that eye. He was walking around with one of those big cotton pads on his eye for a couple of months. Then suddenly, he disappeared, along with my girlfriend.

Apparently they'd bonded during the time after his injuries, and eloped together, leaving me behind without as much as a note. I tried to track them down, but never could.

In conclusion, if it hadn't been for Joe with his cotton eye, I'd have been married a long time ago. Where did you come from, where did you go? Where did you come from, cotton eye Joe?

• Advertisement

best wishes for the future , you seem like a real fighter and you will beat this and find happiness.

Thank you :) I've already found happiness thankfully. I'm not currently dating or anything like that but I'm very happy :)

Narcissistic never gave that word much thought till this happened she love doing things for people and then telling everyone who she had helped etc, shes got on her high horse and said she's staying in the house as [sob sob] she's nowhere to go and half the house is her's[although she never worked since we got married] , her long time lover/c**t won't have anything to do with her as he heard she was with someone else ironic if nothing else.:rolleyes:

I know! Acts holier than thou, she’s the bread winner, super mom, house keeper etc and it’s ALL bull**** . She has a cabal around her who spread her bull**** but actually anyone who isn’t related to her have left, and got on with their own lives and don’t have much to do with her now

cjmc wrote: »
    I know! Acts holier than thou, she’s the bread winner, super mom, house keeper etc and it’s ALL bull**** . She has a cabal around her who spread her bull**** but actually anyone who isn’t related to her have left, and got on with their own lives and don’t have much to do with her now

seen a bit of this a few girls who used to call in to her never do now,one in particular used to go out with her to meet this guy and drive his van home for him when he got too drunk, the whole thing is like something out of Dallas,:eek:

I'm suddenly picturing every crying-chair on the Worst Houses/ Flats to Rent thread

I'm suddenly picturing every crying-chair on the Worst Houses/ Flats to Rent thread

anyone else know what this means????????????:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

anyone else know what this means????????????:confused:

There's been a particular feature on that thread of houses, with a single, depressing chair left alone in a forlorn, depressing room in a forlorn, depressing house.

Its presume its main use was for people to sit, reflect and cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Surely a small little bit of cheating is OK no?
    I mean would you prefer to be with a fella who doesn't cheat but would bore the hole off you and is as mean as shyte or with a fella who mightn't be shall we say squeaky clean but is great craic!

I mean would you prefer to be with a fella who doesn't cheat but would bore the hole off you and is as mean as shyte or with a fella who mightn't be shall we say squeaky clean but is great craic!

It's not an either or situation, jaysus. I've been with a few men who didn't cheat and were also great craic ffs :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

I read most of that in Pat Mustard's voice.

It's not an either or situation, jaysus. I've been with a few men who didn't cheat and were also great craic ffs :pac:

You say you've 'been' with a few men who didn't cheat but were great craic.
    But I take it they're not around now so that doesn't really count.

It's still not an either/or situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

You wouldn't have issue with your missus being prone to the odd ride around town because she's good craic? :confused:

Also, if someone bores the "hole off you", you perhaps don't get into a relationship with them in the first place. . .

theteal wrote: »
    You wouldn't have issue with your missus being prone to the odd ride around town because she's good craic? :confused:

Also, if someone bores the "hole off you", you perhaps don't get into a relationship with them in the first place. . .

See there's the difference, you see cheating or playing around as getting 'the ride'.
    Sexy guys with the old touch of charisma could play around/flirt for ages without doing that. But when they do...... wow!

Haha, you're gas. It's totally possible to be with someone who is loyal and great craic and still end up not being compatible!

They're still around, we're friends because friendship worked better for us. They're still great craic and as far as I'm aware they're not cheating on their girlfriends either :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

See there's the difference, you see cheating or playing around as getting 'the ride'.
    Sexy guys with the old touch of charisma could play around/flirt for ages without doing that. But when they do...... wow!

Nope, I see cheating as cheating, "the ride" being the top end of the spectrum. I don't see flirting as cheating.

• Advertisement
Advertisement