Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage Car Scam........in Rathkeale!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Yeah could really be a big coincidence true that an off duty Garda based in Dublin just so happened to be viciously assaulted in Limerick after being involved in this particular investigation

I thought you got assaulted automatically as you crossed the border into Limerick? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I better be careful crossing the border at Charleville at the weekend so lol

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Seems highlighting criminal behaviour is travelling bashing. Maybe if less travellers were involved in criminal behaviour the bashing wouldn't be so common.

Here here

Filthy gnashers

Following on from the last one, another garda assaulted. WTF is going on?

https://www.thejournal.ie/roscommon-garda-4392869-Dec2018/

Not a good time for the Gardai

This one was on duty at the time I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

seamie78 wrote: »
    Elderly folks selling their cars and getting less than what was promised or nothing at all. Its stealing basically.

that to me is straightforward theft hardly a scam
    It's theft if it was stolen. It's a scam if the goods were handed over, but payment never happened.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Excellent, just in time for hourly traveller bashing thread.
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/gardasiochana-rathkeale-vintagecar-irish-travellers-13720555
    A notorious traveller crime gang is at the centre of a suspected scam involving expensive vintage and classic cars.
    They do such a good job bashing themselves, though!

Very interesting article thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm told the CAB are paying a lot of attention to these people. Their profilers are busy compiling cases for tax evasion and welfare fraud.

About time too.

p.s. https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/352983/garda-left-with-broken-nose-and-cheekbones-following-limerick-assault.html?fbclid=IwAR2bm64BNst-7V0oce2jLCFVvlOEcBlRxXhgD2XwFvwoUQvoGRlUSEUtEzI

I'm told the CAB are paying a lot of attention to these people. Their profilers are busy compiling cases for tax evasion and welfare fraud.

About time too.

p.s. https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/352983/garda-left-with-broken-nose-and-cheekbones-following-limerick-assault.html?fbclid=IwAR2bm64BNst-7V0oce2jLCFVvlOEcBlRxXhgD2XwFvwoUQvoGRlUSEUtEzI
    It's eh, something the travellers can't call discrimination on! :pac:

• Advertisement

seamie78 wrote: »
    what was the scam? people receiving less than their car was worth....does that mean if I find a good deal somewhere on a car(unlikely I know) I am scamming the seller

My ole lad got his hedge cut one summer, agreed price of €100 ......... light skim of hedge done and the price was then €150 iirc. My Dad felt intimidated so handed over the cash.

I can imagine similar being done with cars etc and on a larger scale, the media aren't giving all of the details on this.

More details might come out when the DDP decide to prosecute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

What does it mean bashing you mean don’t pay attention to Travellers crime just put you fingers in your ears and go la la la la la la la racist la la la la la la Traveller bashing la la la la la la I am virtue signaling la la la la la la I would not live beside myself la la la la la la two thanks from Afterhours left that was worth it la la la la.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    More details might come out when the DDP decide to prosecute

Hope he sharpens the diamond cutter on them for sure...

Ha true

DPP lol

Wait... so DPP does not stand for Double Penetration Paddy....thought it was the best traveller nickname I'd heard in ages.

I imagined he'd gotten the name from calling out 2 lads on each callout video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

For every 5000 law abiding travellers, there’s one bad apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

KevinCavan wrote: »
    I would love to see a study on the number of crimes perpetuated by travellers per capita , and the same for "settled" people.

I don't think your 5000:1 hypothesis would be supported, or even close to representative, frankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

There are 31,000 travellers in Ireland. Going by your figures that means there are 6 criminals in Ireland that are travellers. Does that sound right to you?

Rory28 wrote: »
    There are 31,000 travellers in Ireland. Going by your figures that means there are 6 criminals in Ireland that are travellers. Does that sound right to you?

They must work bloody hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,118 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I don't know, the article doesn't actually mention their ethnicity, only their location. Make of that what you will...

Yeah this place is fooking terrible always jumping to conclusions about our culturally enriched ethnic minority.

I have heard it is the AMISH :eek:

You can't be up them at all at all.
    the_syco wrote: »

Ever notice how the media that always calls a spade a spade are the British owned tabloid redtops.

No wonder they are so hated and reviled by the liberal lefty feckers.

I presume you are dyslexic and got it mixed up. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

*Youngest one doing her English homework...
    Asks "Dad,whats an oxymoron"?

Me: "well isnt this fortuitous"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

jmayo wrote: »
    I presume you are dyslexic and got it mixed up. ;)

Must be sarcastic
    Poe's law perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Or maybe and honest admission there is an issue of acceptance by some crime is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Rathkeale is a lovely spot, so nice in fact. That I know of a cycle club who advise their members to stay away from cycling on certain areas around there. Due to being robbed...Maybe it's just a coincidence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

And 25999 lovable rogues

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

And 25999 lovable rogues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well other criminal issues aren't meant to be talked about here. Guess they are less relevant.
    What other criminal issues aren't meant to be talked about here?
    Augeo wrote: »
    My ole lad got his hedge cut one summer, agreed price of €100 ......... light skim of hedge done and the price was then €150 iirc. My Dad felt intimidated so handed over the cash.

I can imagine similar being done with cars etc and on a larger scale, the media aren't giving all of the details on this.
    Your poor dad. :( :mad:

The beautician I go to had to close her salon because of the regular theft (saying she messed up their tan or whatever and insisting on not having to pay) and intimidation (bullying and threatening until she agreed they didn't have to pay). She now works from home and has lost loads of clients and potential clients (as she doesn't want to advertise her address, naturally) but says it's still worth it. The power they have is just ****ed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Am i the only one giggling at messed up their tans?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Rory28 wrote: »

Nobody picked up on the sarcasm in my post. It was meant to be tongue in cheek. It was also meant to reflect what the p.c. brigade would say, the ones who are living in an area where you never see a real life traveller.

Advertisement