Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minor Irish Celebrities who need to stay visible

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

mikeym wrote: »

Yep Saturday morning breakfast- thank god I'm not up that early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

I remember in the run up to one Christmas the Sunday Indo did a full two page spread on a Christmas dinner party consisting of people only famous for being in the Sunday Indo. Various names you'd only know from society/gossip columns written in the indo. There was about eight of them and it was their insights on current events and photos of them around a big dinning table. I remember genuinely not knowing anything about them other than they appeared in the Sunday indo from time to time having been out for a night or dating some other no mark. I suppose it's like Hotpress. Every few years theres a new shower the paper promotes for some reason, certainly not talent.

I think I might have seen the same article. Was a celebrity solicitor , think his name was Gerald Keane. Horrid little runt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭AllForIt

we need to talk about Brendan Courtney

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

zapitastas wrote: »
    I think I might have seen the same article. Was a celebrity solicitor , think his name was Gerald Keane. Horrid little runt

The ladies love him for whatever reason, his current squeeze is a buxom 35 year old Swede.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The ladies love him for whatever reason, his current squeeze is a buxom 35 year old Swede.

I just googled him and that came up. WTF. He is in his 60s and looks like a rat in an over starched shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

colm_mcm wrote: »

Don't think he is, thought his new bird was some Irish/ Italian yank with 4 kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,112 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

AllForIt wrote: »
    we need to talk about Brendan Courtney

Regularly pimps his family out now for attention.

Add in our rugby players too, they are the new celebs. If they or their WAGs do anything, we have to hear about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Don't think he is, thought his new bird was some Irish/ Italian yank with 4 kids.

You are correct, he was only going on about the last one a few months ago how great she was and that he was taking the house off the market.
    He’s very much dressing more his age with the new one.

Actually, no the Swedish one is the one for the last 2 years, Italian one was before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Eoghan McDermott and Bressie

I don't listen to him, but they've been playing ads for his show constantly at every ad break for the past few months on 2FM.

His numbers must be very low for the amount of forced promotion and attempts to show 'how much craic he is' on the air.

Absolute cringe worthy shíte in those ads and a lot of it is sucking up to his idol Bressie aka yer man who's always pouting at things.

Even calling Bressie an average musician is giving too much credit, when you hear the current standard of Irish music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭TheDavester

BattleCorp wrote: »
    As long as I don't have to ever ever ever ever see or hear of Al Porter again, I'll be happy.

bet soon enough he'll be on D'arcy's show or the LLs in the misery slot and he'll try the "depression" "alcoholic" "unable to get a grip with his sexuality" card and try to get sympathy and while people cant stand him, indo/rte and others will try and push him as a "conquering his demons hero"

B0jangles wrote: »
    They are seriously woeful - I saw a couple and it was about the standard you'd get in the average secondary school - but instead of an impression of that wagon of a geography teacher, it's Noirin O'Sullivan.

Just... awful, awful stuff.

the female Cian Twomey....but uncle/godfather Ian Dempsey has her/her sisters back

Amy Huberman is always desperate to be visible ditto the so sue me wan and those "beauty/influencer" blogger twits who all seem to have an air of self importance and think theyre saving the world with their thoughts/life

• Registered Users Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Ah, as long as Al Porter stays under that rock I can put up with nearly anyone else. If you don't listen to much radio or watch an inordinate amount of Irish TV then nearly all of these names are really, really easy to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

ian o'doherty a journalist/social commentator who has the balls to speak his mind and go against the grain when needs be, i find myself nodding in agreement with him most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

BarryD2 wrote: »
    She seems to be in articles every second day with non-stories about her baby's first Xmas, photos of her baby beside the Xmas tree, how her home used to be "party central" at Xmas, but this year is going to be a quiet family thing, about how she doesn't give a sh1t about turning 40, about how she's full steam ahead for her wedding next year...

It takes two to tango. You could also point your finger at the media whether print, broadcast or social and their insatiable appetite for cheap & easy copy. The sort of light & fluffy stuff that's easy to churn out and easy for most people to glance over in the hairdressers or wherever. Fills up the pages.

These 'celebs' are just part of the media food chain and you're the customer/ consumer.
    I agree it takes two to tango, but I just wonder about the time spent eeking out her crappy little "look at me and my wonderful life" philosophy.
    Does her management, Noel Kelly, be on to her every day saying "stay in the limelight", "get more stuff out there"
    "Make it seem like you're the only new Mother in the world and we're hanging on to every word"
    Just wait til she gets married.
    The best wedding everrrrr..

Advertisement