Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ledwill Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 robinse3

I find you can get better information by looking at the original plans. Glenveagh took over the planning permission from a company called BHG, if you search them on the Kildare County Council website you can get loads of info

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

robinse3 wrote: »
    I find you can get better information by looking at the original plans. Glenveagh took over the planning permission from a company called BHG, if you search them on the Kildare County Council website you can get loads of info

Yes I agree. However when it comes to the actual purchase itself, what's in the brochure is what your actually buying. The plans online are good but have changed more than twice at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Thc24

Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

I find it painful looking at the plans. Looked through all drawing on the 2 sets of plans by Glenveagh and the plans submitted by BHG and I seen none that matched the show house (different size or layout & multiple versions of the one type).

I know it's grand cause we're buying what we seen but quality drawings would still be very handy. At least it would let us buy all flooring up front and we wouldn't have to walk around the place with a measuring tape when snagging

Totally agree, would love to get flooring, kitchen appliances, furniture sorted and ready to go for when we eventually move in. There making it very awkward for buyers

• Advertisement

Ask Sherry Fitzgerald. They got me a basic floor plan with the measurements etc shown. I reached out to the new homes section in Dublin not the Maynooth branch.

Would you mind sharing the details of who you emailed in Sherry Fitz?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭localscientist

If ye have bought, there's a facebook page here:

Has loads of info on measurements etc and people are very helpful. https://www.facebook.com/groups/437109050203377/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Thc24

Myself and partner bought on "The Way" and we were given the estimate date for snagging in December 2020. Has anyone else who bought on "The Way" been notified of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ek2020

Thc24 wrote: »
    Myself and partner bought on "The Way" and we were given the estimate date for snagging in December 2020. Has anyone else who bought on "The Way" been notified of this?

We bought on The Way also. We bought in the first batch 1-22 which were released along with The Park. We have been told October for the estimated completion date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 RedJen86

Thc24 wrote: »

We bought on The Way in the phase released in Jan 2020. We’re up the top near the creche. We’ve been told November 2020. Fingers crossed all stays to plan

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thekingof60

My partner and I are currently viewing Ledwill and am wondering what is included in the final fit out? Are appliances included ? I presume flooring isnt?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AndyB94

My partner and I are currently viewing Ledwill and am wondering what is included in the final fit out? Are appliances included ? I presume flooring isnt?

In phase 2 when we signed the spec was bathrooms come tiled and there’s an upstand and extractor fan in the kitchen, mussel coloured cabinets and all rooms painted a neutral colour with fitted wardrobes in master and spare room, there’s no appliances, no shower door, no side gate, no alarm wiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thekingof60

AndyB94 wrote: »
    In phase 2 when we signed the spec was bathrooms come tiled and there’s an upstand and extractor fan in the kitchen, mussel coloured cabinets and all rooms painted a neutral colour with fitted wardrobes in master and spare room, there’s no appliances, no shower door, no side gate, no alarm wiring.

Thanks, thats very helpful.

We are going out to view a Dove type house later this week hopefully. Has anyone bought this type, and how have you found it.

Also is there any particular part of the estate which is nicer than the other areas.

Thanks, thats very helpful.

We are going out to view a Dove type house later this week hopefully. Has anyone bought this type, and how have you found it.

Also is there any particular part of the estate which is nicer than the other areas.

Its a great house. All parts of the estate are nice.

Following the news, do you think the increase in the Help to Buy scheme will apply to us who are eligible? Did anyone else use there Help to buy funds as part of their deposit?

robinse3 wrote: »
    Following the news, do you think the increase in the Help to Buy scheme will apply to us who are eligible? Did anyone else use there Help to buy funds as part of their deposit?

There’s no details up on the site yet but i’d say if your claim hasn’t been fully processed, you could always cancel your claim and reapply for 30k.

In my case, it’s processed so I doubt i’d get anywhere. At best i’d need Glenveagh to refund the full deposit, give the HTB back to revenue, cancel the claim and reapply which would obviously be very messy.

I’d say this change will apply after a certain date. This will no doubt drive prices up though so at least we shouldn’t feel too hard done by if people think prices will drop once we move in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

How is everyone settling into their new homes? We're looking towards Kilcock ourselves as it ticks a lot of boxes, however, we both work in Dublin and wonder if the commute will be to much for us long term.

Anyone who's done the committee regularly (pre covid), how do you find it, how sustainable is it long term? It's possibly the only thing standing between us and a beautiful home

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Rossvet

€10k jump in price of a mid terrace house since Thursday.
    Well done FF as the Taxpayer lines Builders pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 merikahan

Hello Everyone,

We're considering to either buy in Ledwill or Millerstown. Any issue in Ledwill regarding flooding ?

Also, how is the transportation to the Dublin city center as we both work in city center ?

Me and my partner visited Kilcock Village and people are really nice ! Small but Beautiful Village I would say.

We both are not from Ireland.Any Guidance will be helpful on choosing between Ledwill and Millerstown.

• Advertisement

No flooding issues in Ledwill Park. Millerstown has flood defences built and houses should be fine.

Commuting can be a pain like every other town in ireland.i catch the train. Its usually packed solid after it stops in Maynooth. The other option is to drive to maynooth as that has a more frequent service. The dart is planned to serve maynooth so when that happens that will be a game changer for maynooth and other towns close by.
    merikahan wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

We're considering to either buy in Ledwill or Millerstown. Any issue in Ledwill regarding flooding ?

Also, how is the transportation to the Dublin city center as we both work in city center ?

Me and my partner visited Kilcock Village and people are really nice ! Small but Beautiful Village I would say.

We both are not from Ireland.Any Guidance will be helpful on choosing between Ledwill and Millerstown.

Any Guidance will be helpful on choosing between Ledwill and Millerstown.

In terms of the estate, I doubt there’d be much between them. For what we were looking for, Ledwill was hands down the better option, Millerstown didn’t have what we we’re looking for.
    But really, it depends on what you want, it would be worth looking at the show houses in both and go with whichever has what you’re looking for.

I wouldn’t be worried about flooding in either. Millerstown has a history of it but they did alot of work building defences so it’s considered to be sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I’m in Millerstown, the worst you’re going to get RE - flooding is once or twice a path will be under water for a day or two. It doesn’t go near the houses at all. No issues with flood cover for insurance.

We looked at both but picked Millerstown, I’m not a fan of an estate in an estate in an estate feel of ledwill park (you have to drive through a few busy estates to get to the town, more cars on the roads etc).

The houses in Millerstown are amazing, we are in a 3 bed that has 3 double rooms, we have a 4ft in the box room and still have so much room.

We really liked the starling type in ledwill park, I’m a fan of large sitting rooms myself. It completely depends on what you like and how you feel.
    Every house we went to see were all designed the same, the houses in Millerstown were build differently - see the birch in Millerstown which the starling is similar but smaller - and felt like they had more charm.

It’s a pity Millerstown new phase is going for the usual long and narrow 3 and 4 beds now, a la the sanderling In ledwill or any of the cairn types. They do sell better apparently :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Hello Everyone,

We viewed the 3 beds in Ledwill and Millerstown recently, we are signing contracts for Millerstown in the next couple of weeks.

Have you viewed the houses yet?

Prices were the same, Millerstown give you a 2k voucher for appliances. There’s no flooring in either estate. In Millerstown you have to pay maintenance fees every year.

The location of Millerstown is lovely for us, 5 minute drive to Maynooth, the walk into Kilcock along the canal is lovely.

We arranged viewings in Ledwill and Millerstown on the same day, we spent the day in Kilcock, we walked into the town from both estates. The houses are lovely and you will have a nice problem picking which you prefer! Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 46 merikahan

We really liked the starling type in ledwill park, I’m a fan of large sitting rooms myself. It completely depends on what you like and how you feel.
    Every house we went to see were all designed the same, the houses in Millerstown were build differently - see the birch in Millerstown which the starling is similar but smaller - and felt like they had more charm.

It’s a pity Millerstown new phase is going for the usual long and narrow 3 and 4 beds now, a la the sanderling In ledwill or any of the cairn types. They do sell better apparently :D

Thanks for replying. we viewed Milltertown yesterday and both Birch and Alder looked great.

Like you said, they are not building Birch in next phase .. It's pity coz we liked them but they were sold out.
    Rock77 wrote: »
    We viewed the 3 beds in Ledwill and Millerstown recently, we are signing contracts for Millerstown in the next couple of weeks.

Have you viewed the houses yet?

Prices were the same, Millerstown give you a 2k voucher for appliances. There’s no flooring in either estate. In Millerstown you have to pay maintenance fees every year.

The location of Millerstown is lovely for us, 5 minute drive to Maynooth, the walk into Kilcock along the canal is lovely.

We arranged viewings in Ledwill and Millerstown on the same day, we spent the day in Kilcock, we walked into the town from both estates. The houses are lovely and you will have a nice problem picking which you prefer! Good luck

yeah, we visited Millerstown yesterday but everything is sold out :(

Thanks for replying. we viewed Milltertown yesterday and both Birch and Alder looked great.

Like you said, they are not building Birch in next phase .. It's pity coz we liked them but they were sold out.

Apparently, (according to the EA) despite what was perceived as popularity, the birch didn’t sell too well which is why they changed style.
    Looking at the plans, there were only 4 birches planned for the next phase and that’s it. Not too sure if these were already released. It’s just the detached birch left.

It kinda makes sense though, I’m in a birch and they’re quite wide, the builder can build more narrow houses on the same plots that has birches. Where my house and the birch beside is could fit 3 narrower houses.

Money over style wins again!

Worth noting there are 3 types of Sanderling in Ledwill. The most recent type comes with the attic ready for conversion.
    I’m in Millerstown, the worst you’re going to get RE - flooding is once or twice a path will be under water for a day or two. It doesn’t go near the houses at all. No issues with flood cover for insurance.

We looked at both but picked Millerstown, I’m not a fan of an estate in an estate in an estate feel of ledwill park (you have to drive through a few busy estates to get to the town, more cars on the roads etc).

The houses in Millerstown are amazing, we are in a 3 bed that has 3 double rooms, we have a 4ft in the box room and still have so much room.

Worth noting there are 3 types of Sanderling in Ledwill. The most recent type comes with the attic ready for conversion.

How much extra for the conversion? A good few here in Millerstown did their attics separately after purchase, but it’s always good to get one ready for conversion if that’s your intention. One major flaw with Millerstown, it’s not an option.

Not sure on pricing but they raised the roofs to accommodate extra head space and have a front window installed also. Very much like the dove type house with the 3rd floor top window at the front of the house. Feels like a normal room compared to the normal attic conversion which can be a bit tight on head space etc

How much extra for the conversion? A good few here in Millerstown did their attics separately after purchase, but it’s always good to get one ready for conversion if that’s your intention. One major flaw with Millerstown, it’s not an option.

• Advertisement

Not sure on pricing but they raised the roofs to accommodate extra head space and have a front window installed also. Very much like the dove type house with the 3rd floor top window at the front of the house. Feels like a normal room compared to the normal attic conversion which can be a bit tight on head space etc

Fair play to the builders, in Millerstown it was a no go to have them “conversion ready” the usual use for the attic conversions in Millerstown are playrooms/offices/guest bedroom, although the bigger style houses allows for more room.

It was something that I didn’t really look Into as the 3 bed we picked (the birch) allows for growing room - each bedroom has space for minimum double bed, if we went for the alder in Millerstown or the sanderling in ledwill I’d probably have looked into it more!

Regardless both estates have a great feel to them, and each offer something different!

Advertisement