Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Career : Employment rate and Pay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,452 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

FFVII wrote: »
    Meteorology

Specifically in Ireland.

They get sacked in alot of countries for always being wrong but not here.

What countries sack meteorologists for being wrong?

And how exactly did you work out that Met Eireann are 'always wrong'?

i read somewhere that gardai get paid a package worth 100k a year so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

The best careers are the ones that give you a real work life balance - Decent salary for no more than 40 hours a week.
    The public sector is the best place to find those kind of jobs. You also get better holidays. So many people slave to their
    employers and miss their children growing up etc. I moved from the private sector to the public sector 14 years ago and I
    had a complete mindset change. Work to live only. Never more than 37 hours a week.

Couldn't agree more

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

The best careers are the ones that give you a real work life balance - Decent salary for no more than 40 hours a week.
    The public sector is the best place to find those kind of jobs. You also get better holidays. So many people slave to their
    employers and miss their children growing up etc. I moved from the private sector to the public sector 14 years ago and I
    had a complete mindset change. Work to live only. Never more than 37 hours a week.

What do ye do

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

addaword wrote: »
    Indeed, still they are not badly paid here. In the depths of our recession 7 years ago, the Indo stated "PROFESSORS at Ireland's two top colleges – which have both tumbled out of the World Top 100 ratings in the past three years – are receiving higher salaries than those at the world's 10 highest ranking colleges like Oxford, Cambridge and Berkeley, and just less than the salary of professors at the world's number one ranked university.

Full professor salaries at Trinity College Dublin – ranked 110th in the world – and University College Dublin (187th) average €138,350 and €134,150 respectively."

Do you know how many years and work goes into being a "full professor"?

As someone who has filled in for lecturers in Chemistry, it is an awful job in terms of preparation alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭kapisko1PL

Perhaps I could shed some light on the sector of aircraft leasing from the graduates point of view.

I worked for one of the leading Aircraft Leasing companies in the world (based in Shannon). Starting off, working in the technical department I earned 34k/gross/year. No benefits, no health insurance, nothing. I left not because of the money but because I did not like it. You would never see an actual airplane, other than that on paper or when reviewing the PDFs. But this is what you could expect when starting I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

FHFM50 wrote: »
    What would currently be the best career to choose in Ireland at the moment in terms of salary, employment prospects,stress,etc,...

I know you should follow what interests you but for the sake of argument say if an individual did not have specific interests and just wanted something with great pay,moderate stress and good job prospects what would it be?

Your question is arse ways....
    You want a big salary with great promotion, with no stress. That job doesnt exist.
    You need to find your "why" see Simon Sinek on youtube. You need to buy "what colour is your parachute?" and more importantly you need to find that passion.
    Working crappy jobs like catering, security and my favourite call centers will help you focus this super fast. You will be crawling the walls and popping pills to get out and your "why" will present itself sharpish.

People are talking about recession proof jobs like IT and Pharmaceuticals but to get those jobs you need to do four long years and you need passion for them.
    Civil service is great for security but its badly paid and goes nowhere compared to working for yourself or private industry.
    Banking is changing so fast..... clerks are relics of a bygone time.

When you are taking your year of self discovery (work for minimum wage) and read, read and read. Read books on Finance, negotiation, leaders both good and bad, travel books, history these will help you.

Go try IT, accountancy, Pharma, law, engineering and find out you have no passion for it you will be living in a prison for life. I know these lads and they are made at 30 but are in a world of debt with family house and too much money to leave.

Straight into the new house? Have all the 5-10 year waiting lists been cleared?

And you are forgetting its a full time job dodging Dept SW, Tus Nua, Seetec and private contractors paid to hunt you down. You would be better off just getting a job.
    Social Welfare isnt everything its made out to be.

kapisko1PL wrote: »
    Perhaps I could shed some light on the sector of aircraft leasing from the graduates point of view.

I worked for one of the leading Aircraft Leasing companies in the world (based in Shannon). Starting off, working in the technical department I earned 34k/gross/year. No benefits, no health insurance, nothing. I left not because of the money but because I did not like it. You would never see an actual airplane, other than that on paper or when reviewing the PDFs. But this is what you could expect when starting I guess.

I think this is an important post to read. People have this idea that they will do anything as long as the money is good before they really start working. Once you spend awhile working full time, bar a few people, the allure begins to fade away regarding money and you make a deal to yourself to identify a trade off of salary vs. time off or stress and enjoyment. I know it happened to me but i do shake my head sometimes when i see the lidl or aldi grad programme discussed on Boards. It seems to be motivated by salary alone

I think this is an important post to read. People have this idea that they will do anything as long as the money is good before they really start working. Once you spend awhile working full time, bar a few people, the allure begins to fade away regarding money and you make a deal to yourself to identify a trade off of salary vs. time off or stress and enjoyment. I know it happened to me but i do shake my head sometimes when i see the lidl or aldi grad programme discussed on Boards. It seems to be motivated by salary alone

Have heard very bad reports about people who went on those aldi and lidl programmes and left them. "German efficiency" translating into pure flogging of staff springs to mind!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Have heard very bad reports about people who went on those aldi and lidl programmes and left them. "German efficiency" translating into pure flogging of staff springs to mind!!

In most career's you have to do the "hard yards" on the ground before you get to a position that offers a blend of financial & work related rewards.

These programs are actually quite decent from talking with friends who have completed or are on them. They have also provided a step up to some people who would never have been given the opportunity using traditional irish routes into management.

Yes me as well. It's 60K salary with a car for a reason!!!! But it's pure money driven from what I've seen, I don't recall any poster saying they were genuinely interested in the sector. In my opinion, and I think alot of people will agree, it's a recipe for disaster. Although the whole concept of doing something you love or your passion is also somewhat misguided. I remember in college an entrepreneur alumni did a talk with us and said "If you follow your passion it won't be a passion for much longer". While I don't think you shouldn't follow something you enjoy, you have to be careful of doing that as well. I've always followed the mantra of do something you are good at but makes you have to use your brain everyday so it fulfills the whole self esteem aspect we all have but also stops the job from being monotonous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭afatbollix

A career is over 30 to 40 years.

Thankfully most people will adapt and change throughout there career due to change in automation or processes. Not many secretaries left in offices these days. Personally I like a role that I will continue to learn and change when new ways of doing things become apparent instead of just come in and do a same thing everyday role.

If you are pure money of mind you should look at working in insurance and moving to London or Germany. You don't need a qualification and you can start at the bottom and within 10 years be on £100k+ Software engineers are now pulling in that money too. Personally they sound like boring jobs to me.

If there is some advice I would like to say is think of the whole package.

Not much of a need for software engineers in a small west coast of Ireland town but if you like surfing living in Dublin or London would kill you.
    I recently thought about a move away from London to the north of Scotland but there wouldn't be any jobs in my career up there. So I went to jobs.com and it looks like most of the well-paid roles are in healthcare which won't be affected as much by automation in the future. Its not just doctors and nurses but all the other roles in it like physios & radiologists. Like alot of roles become an expert in it encourage growth and continue to learn and you will be in demand from companies or governments all over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

afatbollix wrote: »

Not much of a need for software engineers in a small west coast of Ireland town

WFH changes that completely.

General theme I am getting on boards.ie on other threads is that if you do a postgrad/undergrad in computer science/software engineering/data science you are basically guaranteed a job at the end , is that true? Same with accountancy/finance but you'll start at the bottom and do all your exams...

I could say the same with Quantity Surveying in my field that any grad will get a job.

With the some of the world's largest pharma companies here, it seems that you've to start as a shift worker at the bottom there unless you're coming in at a corporate level?

With medical device tech I'm not clued in on the career ladder for it at all. I'm guessing you begin on the production line and eventually oversee it/get involved with the regulations/standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

General theme I am getting on boards.ie on other threads is that if you do a postgrad/undergrad in computer science/software engineering/data science you are basically guaranteed a job at the end , is that true? Same with accountancy/finance but you'll start at the bottom and do all your exams...

I could say the same with Quantity Surveying in my field that any grad will get a job.

Computer science here. I wouldn't say you're guaranteed a job, just purely from the fact that some of the courses taught are quite theoretical than others, and there's a certain level of practical skills potential employers will want to see from junior roles that aren't taught in the colleges (might be different now I graduated 11 years ago now). Some employers (generally the larger ones) can take on these and train and mentor them, but you might find early-stage startups will look for someone with the right amount of experience/cost to make it viable for them.

There's also the other hand as well as to how well you'll interview or how much of a people person you are. Software development is just not about writing/implementing code, personal skills (that can come from other industries too) are invaluable. If you don't have those you'll struggle. The stereotype of the socially awkward developer skulling red bull is dying out and if you fit that stereotype you'll top out in terms of compensation fairly fast.

I am not directly in finance or am an accountant but know a few and seen one qualify. She wanted to get to the qualification the "easy" way and didnt read the fine print. She messed up her relationship and life and daughters life.

She started out on a crappy two year PLC course that lead no where. Then she did an IATTI course that lead nowhere. So she is mid 20 and is trying to work out why no one will hire her as an accountant, working parttime and dodging the SW officer. She finally gets on a real course with help from me and her partner who knows how to read law and I help her with her IT.

When she finally graduates after 4 years she is over 30 trying and the marriage is failing. She gets jobs and cant hold them and she cant pass her professional courses (another 4 years) and every times she fails she changes division from FAC to ICA to CIMA. In the end she has only her degree and wont get promoted with out professional exams.

The lesson is there is no easy way into accountancy and you need to do it while you are young. You need to be career savvy very early and not end up the old boy on the office floor. You need a proper accountant looking over your shoulder. Its not a closed profession like it used to be but you do need that mentoring. On the other hand my associate was a very very silly and foolish girl.

https://cpljobs.com/ie/cplinsights/employment-trends/highest-paying-jobs-ireland-2020/
    Highest paying jobs in Ireland at present.

https://careersportal.ie/careers/lm_careers.php
    Careers Portal, through employers, identified these 99 jobs as the ones employers are finding the hardest to fill at present.

https://cpljobs.com/ie/cplinsights/employment-trends/which-sectors-are-growing-in-ireland/
    Which sectors are growing fastest in Ireland 2020

https://www.businessworld.ie/news/Top-10-job-roles-that-employers-in-Ireland-are-looking-for-in-2020-573360.html
    Top 10 job roles employers are looking for in Ireland 2020

Interesting stuff. Seems to follow the narrative on here.

https://cpljobs.com/ie/cplinsights/employment-trends/highest-paying-jobs-ireland-2020/

Careers Portal, through employers, identified these 99 jobs as the ones employers are finding the hardest to fill at present.

https://cpljobs.com/ie/cplinsights/employment-trends/which-sectors-are-growing-in-ireland/

https://www.businessworld.ie/news/Top-10-job-roles-that-employers-in-Ireland-are-looking-for-in-2020-573360.html

Ah yes you hear of Fund services mentioned sometimes going by the CPL link but people dont find it sexy enough to pursue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Kamu

Ah yes you hear of Fund services mentioned sometimes going by the CPL link but people dont find it sexy enough to pursue

I knew/know a couple of people in the Funds section of bank and other financial institutions who couldn't/can't wait to get out. Like any job I suppose, suits some and not others.

• Advertisement

With the some of the world's largest pharma companies here, it seems that you've to start as a shift worker at the bottom there unless you're coming in at a corporate level?

With medical device tech I'm not clued in on the career ladder for it at all. I'm guessing you begin on the production line and eventually oversee it/get involved with the regulations/standards.

Lots would begin in the production roles but most of these places have grad programmes .......... this years QA graduate in a pharma plant could be next years QA engineer in a med device plant. Plenty of grads get the operator roles also and move on quite quickly, internally or externally.

A fair bit of lab work goes on in many of these places also........ graduate friendly stuff really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭lickalot

Whatever you have a passion for is where you will get the highest pay.

People think IT and accountancy have huge wages. They do if you are genuinely good at it and keep upskilling out of the office as much as you can.

Plenty of IT people on 30K as there lazy feckers or genuinely not good at it.

It's not like everyone could do contract programming where the pay is huge. I could study programming for ten years and another person would be better at it than me after three months of studying it.

I gave up programming and went into another area of IT as was crap as programming.

Also not everyone is cut out to a manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

I work in IT. I have 7 years experience, I work in the sales function. I am a single 31 year old.

My undergrad is computer science but I found the engineering, networking, programming etc side of things incredibly boring.

My passion is people, so being able to meet and help others by discussing highly technical cloud software is enjoyable to me. My base salary is €90k, commission an additional €90k with stock bonuses of annually €50k.

Last year I made €297k. This year despite covid I am pacing towards the €325k+

Despite what others say, IT is where it is at. I personally believe I am overpaid for what I do and I truly love my role. Loving what you do is the key to success in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

theballz wrote: »
    I work in IT. I have 7 years experience, I work in the sales function. I am a single 31 year old.

My undergrad is computer science but I found the engineering, networking, programming etc side of things incredibly boring.

My passion is people, so being able to meet and help others by discussing highly technical cloud software is enjoyable to me. My base salary is €90k, commission an additional €90k with stock bonuses of annually €50k.

Despite what others say, IT is where it is at. I personally believe I am overpaid for what I do and I truly love my role. Loving what you do is the key to success in my opinion.

I enjoy working with people as well.

I want something in the financial sector which involves a lot of client-contact. A lot of people in my course just tend to gear towards actuary or financial analyst roles where you are pretty much just working on your own all day.

Would you advise in your IT Experience to a non-ICT person - do a course in computer science or software eng/dev versus data analytics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Would you advise in your IT Experience to a non-ICT person - do a course in computer science or software eng/dev versus data analytics?

Well it depends on what you want to do. What is your desired outcome for your career?

I can’t really advise tbh.

IMO, if you are looking to get into the tech side of IT be prepared to study for the rest of your life. A computer science degree is outdated the second you complete it. The fundamentals don’t change but if you would like work in a career based around databases or servers for example, you will do study and pass examinations in order to be certified - most of which will require a renewal every 2-3 years.

Well it depends on what you want to do. What is your desired outcome for your career?

I can’t really advise tbh.

IMO, if you are looking to get into the tech side of IT be prepared to study for the rest of your life. A computer science degree is outdated the second you complete it. The fundamentals don’t change but if you would like work in a career based around databases or servers for example, you will do study and pass examinations in order to be certified - most of which will require a renewal every 2-3 years.

Scope to build on my current salary of €60K by changing industry. I live comfortably at the moment in my own apartment in Dublin but I have no children, so that may change.

No high pressure like there is in construction - long hours each day staring at a screen or playing diplomat in high tension meetings, impossible deadlines, firefighting non-extinguishable problems on the job, and most of all, working with assh*les in an outdated industry who aren't like minded. I feel like I don't fit in in it at all and my skills would be best suited elsewhere.

Prepared to upskill to do this now in september through a course or on the job learning.

Scope to build on my current salary of €60K by changing industry. I live comfortably at the moment in my own apartment in Dublin but I have no children, so that may change.

Prepared to upskill to do this now in september through a course or on the job learning.

Do you expect to take a paycut?

Augeo wrote: »
    Do you expect to take a paycut?

Yeah I know I will have to. Would try to keep it to as much of a minimum as my gf only earns about €30K so cant really depend on her.

But yeah unless I stayed in construction and branched into BIM (which I’m looking at) I’d say I will have to drop down to 40 minimum ?
    Any lower and it wouldn’t be worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭tolow

I take these with a pinch of salt sometimes. I see salary figures quoted for pharmaceutical jobs that I have never heard of a single person in the industry earning tbh. Some seem accurate but a lot are a bit off the mark in my book

Kamu wrote: »
    I knew/know a couple of people in the Funds section of bank and other financial institutions who couldn't/can't wait to get out. Like any job I suppose, suits some and not others.

I have aswell but the ones I know have high salaries not that it is everything but some people can put up with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Yeah I know I will have to. Would try to keep it to as much of a minimum as my gf only earns about €30K so cant really depend on her.

But yeah unless I stayed in construction and branched into BIM (which I’m looking at) I’d say I will have to drop down to 40 minimum ?
    Any lower and it wouldn’t be worth it

For around 40k you're probably looking at the graduate programs from some of the bigger companies. Health insurance and stocks are generally standard so your gross may be a little higher than that.

I know various companies have started nixing the degree requirements and instead look for portfolios or relevant experience; but I'm not convinced many people will be getting in via that route just yet.

What kind of courses are you looking at?

A Data Science degree would have to include the bulk of the important computer science for most software roles plus additional statistics and math.

A Software Engineering degree would tend to include more project management and formal engineering concepts (which are in the vast majority of cases incidental to the actual day to day work for a junior developer); and also a wider array of exposure to software systems.

A Computer Science degree is usually somewhere between a Data Science and Software Engineering degree with an emphasis on academics which would be more important in academic research.

If you're talking about Post Grad Certs etc. I don't have any direct experience but presumably they'll be a condensed version of the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Koolguy

Plumber is always good

Can charge ridiculous amounts for callouts

ronivek wrote: »
    What kind of courses are you looking at?

A Data Science degree would have to include the bulk of the important computer science for most software roles plus additional statistics and math.

A Software Engineering degree would tend to include more project management and formal engineering concepts (which are in the vast majority of cases incidental to the actual day to day work for a junior developer); and also a wider array of exposure to software systems.

A Computer Science degree is usually somewhere between a Data Science and Software Engineering degree with an emphasis on academics which would be more important in academic research.

If you're talking about Post Grad Certs etc. I don't have any direct experience but presumably they'll be a condensed version of the above.

Considering I had to get a tutor to get a B in my GCSE maths and almost failed accounting at A level, these courses may not be a fit to say the least :D:D the very thought of statistics and additional maths scare the absolute bejaysus out of me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Can I ask what type of role and what company?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Zascar wrote: »

I don't think anyone believes that but we'll see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

He also runs a home in Dublin, Castlebar and Brussels. He wants tell you something, try it sometime when you have a couple of cars and three houses and three homes and a few housekeepers.
    :)

Considering I had to get a tutor to get a B in my GCSE maths and almost failed accounting at A level, these courses may not be a fit to say the least :D:D the very thought of statistics and additional maths scare the absolute bejaysus out of me

Many software developers won’t use much if any math from one year to the next; so I wouldn’t worry too much about it if it’s not your kind of thing.

If you’re put off by statistics I would say avoid the data disciplines and focus on software development; you can always get into the data side of things at a later stage.

Have you looked at any specific courses or providers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Zascar wrote: »

If it's tech sales, I well believe that salary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

If it's tech sales, I well believe that salary.

He said it was. But why would anyone pay that.

5 min faq video demo would replace him surly??? High end cloud...the customer probably comes looking for it aswell not other way around like with most stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

5 min faq video demo would replace him surly??? High end cloud...the customer probably comes looking for it aswell not other way around like with most stuff.

Sales is a skill like anything else, you can try ovetsimplifying it but fact is it takes a certain skill set and personality to do it properly.

Give the job to 10 people and over time watch who brings in the business.

If it was easy we'd all be doing it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Corporates will buy software and expect a certain level of support via SLA’s. They have budgets to our source this stuff as it’s easier than building their own. The 24/7 on call and dedicated support is expensive and not something a 5 minute FAQ can cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭edenbridge146

You are all wrong, if you look at a huge number of posts on this forum the Public Sector is the best, huge salaries and great hours and holidays apparently!

I beg to differ - i have an MSc in Computer Science and in Public Sector now 6 years - salary in mid 40's. No money to spend at a Dept level on IT and we've been working everyday on site supporting users at home along with the skeleton staff in the building. Never been as burnt out in my life. Eagerly trying to get out and back in Private Sector. The frustrtion of public with its donkey paperwork and everybody has to 'tick a box' is exhausting

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭humptydunphy

how did you manage to move into sales side of it after coming in the engineer route?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

FHFM50 wrote: »
    What would currently be the best career to choose in Ireland at the moment in terms of salary, employment prospects,stress,etc,...

I know you should follow what interests you but for the sake of argument say if an individual did not have specific interests and just wanted something with great pay,moderate stress and good job prospects what would it be?

Follow your heart OP.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ok I actually misread his original post and see he said Tech Sales. He's not lying as I have worked in field that myself - at the very top end 90k basic is achieveable - the commission is not always as high as 90k also with stock on top - very very few companies offering this but they are around. Obviously when you exceed your sales target you make a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Geuze wrote: »
    Lecturer in an IoT.

Salary goes to 87k, 70 days annual leave, small class sizes.

It used to be the case that you didn't need a PhD, now it's desirable, that's the downside.

Don't forget the 16 hours work week.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭addaword

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Don't forget the 16 hours work week.

That's a huge plus all right. And the huge holidays. They spend more of the year not working than working.

In these turbulent times, if you get a job with a bit of a state backing that's the secret. Do not go totally private sector. For example, if you want to work in the tourism sector, most people I know in it are pissed off from working unsocial hours, poor pay, no pension, having to work when other people are enjoying themselves etc, and then no work or security this past 4 months. Some have lost their life savings. Failte Ireland employees however, if one I chatted to recently is anything to go by, are happy as larry, on full pay and do not know when they will go back to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Treppen

addaword wrote: »
    That's a huge plus all right. And the huge holidays. They spend more of the year not working than working.

In these turbulent times, if you get a job with a bit of a state backing that's the secret. Do not go totally private sector. For example, if you want to work in the tourism sector, most people I know in it are pissed off from working unsocial hours, poor pay, no pension, having to work when other people are enjoying themselves etc, and then no work or security this past 4 months. Some have lost their life savings. Failte Ireland employees however, if one I chatted to recently is anything to go by, are happy as larry, on full pay and do not know when they will go back to work.

I'm surprised you didn't recommend the Guards.
    Shur they're millionaires.... with their free coffee :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement