Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Work e-mail this morning included the phrases, "we where considering...", "...however I cannot conquer with..." and "At the moment it's a mute point..."
    This is one of our HR managers who openly boasts of shooting off messages without proof reading them. When it was suggested that was a bit disrespectful to the recipients her reply was that we all understood them so there was no problem really.
    ARGH!

Was watching a contestant on 'my kitchen rules' - Australia recently who was cooking chicken ballintine... :rolleyes: even I knew that it was incorrect and I definitely don't know how to cook it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Tooth extraction tomorrow.. :o

What time?
    Tooth hurty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Cat back in UCD Wednesday. Doesn't look good. White blood cells high. I'm worried it could be cancer and they've hinted as much :(

Got my own scan results too and my liver isn't too hot after a decade on the sauce. Bile duct narrowing too. No more alcohol, coffee, have to follow a low calorie diet and shift the weight too.

Christ would 2020 ever just up and be gone already.

blade1 wrote: »
    What time?
    Tooth hurty :D

11. Not too bad yet but on course for an abscess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I have a headache and it makes me even less of a ball of ****ing daisies as I usually am!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭blade1

11. Not too bad yet but on course for an abscess.

Ouch.
    Got an abscess before after getting a tooth pulled.
    Not nice.
    I find getting tooth pulled grand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,833 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

TA that my right eye , on and off all day , feels like it's burning then waters .

blade1 wrote: »
    Ouch.
    Got an abscess before after getting a tooth pulled.
    Not nice.
    I find getting tooth pulled grand though.

Very sensitive about me teef cause they're in bad shape :o

I'll just have to get over it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Antares35 wrote: »
    Cat back in UCD Wednesday. Doesn't look good. White blood cells high. I'm worried it could be cancer and they've hinted as much :(

Got my own scan results too and my liver isn't too hot after a decade on the sauce. Bile duct narrowing too. No more alcohol, coffee, have to follow a low calorie diet and shift the weight too.

Christ would 2020 ever just up and be gone already.
    Be good to yourself. My dad came out of hospital last Wednesday following an ERCP procedure to remove a gall stone lodged in his bile duct, horrible jaundice, pain, weight loss etc.
    Thought everything was ok until this evening, he's back in hospital with some degree of renal failure. I did not realise those things could be so dangerous! Pancreatitis, pancreatic cancer all coming up in my searches.
    The killer for me is not being able to visit or to speak in person with his nurses and doctors. A phone call is not the same. Hoping for good news in the morning, and my best to you also with your journey to wellness.
    Also my best wishes for your cat! From a fellow cat lover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Be good to yourself. My dad came out of hospital last Wednesday following an ERCP procedure to remove a gall stone lodged in his bile duct, horrible jaundice, pain, weight loss etc.
    Thought everything was ok until this evening, he's back in hospital with some degree of renal failure. I did not realise those things could be so dangerous! Pancreatitis, pancreatic cancer all coming up in my searches.
    The killer for me is not being able to visit or to speak in person with his nurses and doctors. A phone call is not the same. Hoping for good news in the morning, and my best to you also with your journey to wellness.
    Also my best wishes for your cat! From a fellow cat lover.

Thank you :) times it seems fellow cat lovers are thin on the ground :D

Hope it all goes ok for your dad. It's bad enough without the complications of the current situation. X

Edit: also Google is a hoor (sorry), best avoided if possible. I always find it just makes things worse :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Antares35 wrote: »
    Thank you :) times it seems fellow cat lovers are thin on the ground :D

Hope it all goes ok for your dad. It's bad enough without the complications of the current situation. X

Edit: also Google is a hoor (sorry), best avoided if possible. I always find it just makes things worse :(

Thank you. As it happens it was a flying visit to the hospital, he's home again and will have to have prostate taken out (that was already on the cards). Thankfully NOT renal failure. You are right, I'm terrible for exacerbating my anxiety with Google. I've a very good understanding of physiology which doesn't help matters...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Tooth extraction tomorrow.. :o

Best of luck this morning Jenna..it will be over before you know it!

TA Tuesdays..I just hate them. .all they do is make the week longer. Wednesday is almost Thursday, Thursday is almost the weekend but Tuesday is just an asshole😡

• Registered Users Posts: 15,790 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People who go to National Parks and walking trails with coffee cups and fcuk the empty cup on the ground.
    Spotted one the other day, there was a little hollow in the bank and this mong put his or her cup in it and leaves it there. This is quite a distance from any coffee outlet.

People who put little stickers over signs and traffic light posts or anything at all inanimate. What do they do this shyte for? Are they children?

Porklife wrote: »
    Best of luck this morning Jenna..it will be over before you know it!

TA Tuesdays..I just hate them. .all they do is make the week longer. Wednesday is almost Thursday, Thursday is almost the weekend but Tuesday is just an asshole��

Thank you so much! Just woke up! Went out cold. Rinsing gently with salt water and hoping yo'll dry socket doesn't appear :eek: Apparently there were 3 roots so it's a bit more possible. My favourite was the bony crunching sound :D

Tuesdays are muck! Did I miss the post where you got extra desserts for when your friend called over?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,350 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Thank you so much! Just woke up! Went out cold. Rinsing gently with salt water and hoping yo'll dry socket doesn't appear :eek: Apparently there were 3 roots so it's a bit more possible. My favourite was the bony crunching sound :D

Tuesdays are muck! Did I miss the post where you got extra desserts for when your friend called over?! ;)

Hopefully you won't get a dry socket, I got that with every wisdom tooth I had removed and it was the worst pain I ever experienced!!!

Hopefully you won't get a dry socket, I got that with every wisdom tooth I had removed and it was the worst pain I ever experienced!!!

I met a lady in the dentist who was there for a check up. She said she'd rather have her kids again than an extraction :pac:

I remember writhing around clutching my face the last time I got that :eek:Thank you, I truly hope not either!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I met a lady in the dentist who was there for a check up. She said she'd rather have her kids again than an extraction :pac:

I remember writhing around clutching my face the last time I got that :eek:Thank you, I truly hope not either!!!

I worked as a dental nurse when I was about 21, I only lasted 2 weeks:)
    There was an extraction and I'm super squeamish (why was I working in such a profession you ask? Cos I'm an idiot!) Midway through the extraction I was in floods of tears and my hands were shaking. The dentist had to pull me aside and tell me to leave the room. I got politely let go at the end of the day:)

Oh those stale cheesecakes got devoured:p

I worked as a dental nurse when I was about 21, I only lasted 2 weeks:)
    There was an extraction and I'm super squeamish (why was I working in such a profession you ask? Cos I'm an idiot!) Midway through the extraction I was in floods of tears and my hands were shaking. The dentist had to pull me aside and tell me to leave the room. I got politely let go at the end of the day:)

Oh my!!! I can certainly understand why though - it's not so pleasant and probably worse for an onlooker :eek:

Good on you - all in the name of sustenance :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

That calcium will do baby bean the power of good, won't it?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    That calcium will do baby bean the power of good, won't it?

That’s why my mother ate chocolate buttons like they were going out of fashion having me!!!!

• Advertisement

Gervais08 wrote: »
    That’s why my mother ate chocolate buttons like they were going out of fashion having me!!!!

Why did you have to mention chocolate buttons? I would murder a pack or 10 right now :o:p

Why did you have to mention chocolate buttons? I would murder a pack or 10 right now :o:p

I just remembered I’ve a bag of mini bags in the press....

I just remembered I’ve a bag of mini bags in the press....

I'm on my way over....... :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I commend her dedication to the healthy development of her bairn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Some posters on boards. Please, spare me the I'm just a ickle ten year old act. Or else carry on cultivating your online persona there. Le yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Archeron

People who send sick videos of people being killed in WhatsApp groups. Normally when that happens I just leave the group, but what do you do when it's sent in a family group? What kind of freak thinks these things are entertainment? Assholes. Family assholes, even more TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,604 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Archeron wrote: »
    People who send sick videos of people being killed in WhatsApp groups. Normally when that happens I just leave the group, but what do you do when it's sent in a family group? What kind of freak thinks these things are entertainment? Assholes. Family assholes, even more TA.

Myself and my friends used to spend hours looking at rotten.com as kids probably why I've an unhealthy obsession with murder and seriel killer documentaries and videos now

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Myself and my friends used to spend hours looking at rotten.com as kids probably why I've an unhealthy obsession with murder and seriel killer documentaries and videos now

Username checks out. :/

Pared down versions of songs for Christmas :rolleyes:

McDonald's getting in on the act now; with some bird singing 'Forever Young' (the Alphaville classic). Just heard it there now, and thought was okay. Probably hate it in two weeks :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

flicking on the telly to watch something and its just gone to a break

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement