Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Tour Championship, 22-29 March, Celtic Manor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Invidious wrote: »
    Hawkins starting confidently here, taking advantage of a few loose shots from Trump.

A good start. Looks like we might have a contest on our hands anyway!

Trump definitely looks edgy. Might win this frame but that hail mary attempted escape from the snooker had frustration etched all over it. Hawkins really should have punished him for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

He's looking very un-Trumpesque today. Missing shots he would normally get and looking rattled. He'll be very fortunate to make it to the midsession interval at 2-2.

I think trump has some issue with the table, but you've got to play what you're confronted with. Hawkins got a terrible kick there, dunno is he using the old chalk still. Pretty sure trump still uses the triangle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭waynescales1

A long way to go, but once again Hawkins has a good chance to put Trump away here. He was 1-5 up against Trump in the German Masters and managed to lose 6-5. Does he have the sand to do it this time.

• Advertisement

Baz should be aiming for 6-2 here, that would be a decent reflection of how this session has gone. I don't know why, whether it's table or venue or combination of things, but judds entire demeanour looks off, not unlike how it was at crucible last year. Be interesting to see how he comes out later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

He was giving out about the conditions last time at Celtic Manor too. He seems very easily rattled if the table is playing exactly as he wants it to.

Hendry made a good point earlier. How often do you hear ronnie giving out about table conditions? He might mention it but never as a moan, always just gets on with it. Higgins the same. I like Mark Allen personally but he does have a tendency to fly off about conditions, if they're not 100% how he likes them. Robbo has a habit of blaming tables too. Just get on and play them, it's the same table for both players.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Already looking very bad for Trump.

Rothko wrote: »
    Already looking very bad for Trump.

Looks a beaten man. Not sure he has the resolve to dig it out.

• Advertisement

Can't believe Trump missed that red over the pocket.

Still, this frame isn't over yet.

It's getting interesting. If it had gone 8-3 i think it was basically gsm, but hawkins left the door open a bit and trump might be picking the bit up here.

Seems to be getting back into form now.

Judd favourite again now.

I can’t believe some of the mistakes Trump is making. Hacked at that red and went in off in the middle. Not the time of year to be hitting bad form either.

No idea why Trump hit that red so hard.

6-9. Now Barry, let’s see some nerve here and finish him.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

I can’t believe some of the mistakes Trump is making. Hacked at that red and went in off in the middle. Not the time of year to be hitting bad form either.

He lost his form at the worlds last year, bad timing

9-7 now.

I don’t think Hawkins can win this match. Can’t keep his nerve.

• Advertisement

Battle of the Bottlers here.

Baz overshot for that black by about a foot. He's gonna fall over the line in a heap here i think, Judd just not sharp enough to claw it back.

That blue! Never seen a ball missed into the middle and stay over the pocket like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Genghis

Feel that missed yellow was Hawkins chance to win gone. Clearly not able to close it out, even at 2 frames behind its looking like Trump will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭tanko

Terrible miss from Hawkins there.

Well, he won it the only way he was ever going to, falling over the line making 10s and 20s.

Suppose you just can't turn form on and off like a tap, but seems bit of a waste judd bringing his a game to the gibraltar tournament and barely able to muster a b when it mattered today. Hawkins was only ok, decent brown to clinch it.

Trump so ungracious in defeat. Actually called out Barry's good run despite him having some ridiculous flukes himself. Hawkins played some great safety. I've not seen someone get within one roll of the baulk cushion so consistently in a session in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

Selby having an absolute howler today so far. 3-0 down and Robbo may also take this 4th frame.

• Advertisement

Anyone have any idea if a session has ever ended 4-4 after one player has gone 4 nil up?

Advertisement