Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PDC World Championships 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

I think wade and cross will have opening round trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

bassy wrote: »
    I think wade and cross will have opening round trouble

Almost a tradition at this stage for those 2

Anywhere have a graph of the paths to the QFs/Semis ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

US2 wrote: »
    He beat Gabriel Clemens at the Grandslam few weeks ago and lost a decider to Joe Cullen. Had a good game against Whitlock in the knockout stage losing 10-7 I think. He's handy enough.

Yep, and without a full pissed up crowd baying got his blood he should be value for money

TbL

4/9 is no value as a single bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

4/9 is no value as a single bet.

Not unless you've a few grand to spare. I thought they said 5/4

• Advertisement

Not unless you've a few grand to spare. I thought they said 5/4

ye right :rolleyes::rolleyes: and far from shur in.

mdwex quoted the 4/9 look above.

ye right :rolleyes::rolleyes: and far from shur in.

mdwex quoted the 4/9 look above.

Think he will win but wouldn't back him, hard to be confident in a lot of the games should be cracking 1st/2nd round for a change

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I think Durrant could be exit early too, he's been very poor since catching Covid.

The schedule is out. Good to see an Irish interest in the first 4 sessions.

https://twitter.com/OfficialPDC/status/1334860106442346500?s=19

BREAKING: The tie-break rule will not be in operation for the 2021 PDC World Championship, meaning if any deciding set reaches two-all in legs then the fifth leg will be the final leg. The change has been made in order to reduce the possibility of sessions over-running.

This is disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

BREAKING: The tie-break rule will not be in operation for the 2021 PDC World Championship, meaning if any deciding set reaches two-all in legs then the fifth leg wil
    l be the final leg. The change has been made in order to reduce the possibility of sessions over-running.

This is disappointing.

That's an idiotic change, very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Remind me - what was the tie break rule?

boomdocker wrote: »
    Remind me - what was the tie break rule?

You have to win by 2 legs.

Reasoning behind seems to be that they have very strict rules about getting the crowd out and disinfecting the venue before the next session starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Silly. It's not like it happens that often. What is it, another 6 legs max?

A long drawn out match between two slow players would have a far greater affect.

my predictions

QF1- MVG vs Danny Noppert
    Qf2- Michael Smith vs Jamie Hughes
    QF3- Simon Whitlock vs Jeffrey De Zwaan
    QF4- Gerwyn Price vs Nathan Aspinall

Semis-
    MVG vs Michael Smith
    JDZ vs Nathan Aspinall

Final- MVG vs Nathan Aspinall with MVG winning

PTH2009 wrote: »
    my predictions

Semis-
    MVG vs Michael Smith
    JDZ vs Nathan Aspinall

Jaysus i hope not! Some not-very-appealing games there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭boomdocker

PTH2009 wrote: »
    my predictions

Semis-
    MVG vs Michael Smith
    JDZ vs Nathan Aspinall

Interesting...
    Always expected great things of Jamie Hughes but hasn't happened, maybe this is the time

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

Don't chip in on the forum all too often, but I follow the darts calendar all year round (Pro tour, Euro tour, et al.) so looking forward to being a bit more active while the worlds are on!

Am pretty happy with the Irish draw.

Ciaran Teehan will fancy his chances against Wayne Jones, a win would be great for his ranking and he has a free shot against Joe Cullen.

Tough enough draw for Keane Barry, I think Jeff Smith is a great player but it definitely could've been worse. A good introduction for him ahead of his first year on the tour beginning shortly after.

Great shot for Mickey Mansell and Lennon to progress through the first round.

Potential banana skin for Willie against Zonneveld after beating Wade on TV but still imagine he'll see it out, Gurney is a winnable one in the 2nd round considering his form and I don't think Willie is afraid of him.

outside bets asp m smith jose de sousa maybe cullen and clemens

Less than a week til kick off too one of the best Christmas traditions

Looking at the day to day schedule, its Round 1 and 2 galore with the Round 3 starting on the 27th

• Advertisement

No markets up yet for total 180s in the tournament (at least on PP). Like this bet every year as you get a sweat for the whole tournament.

Degag wrote: »
    No markets up yet for total 180s in the tournament (at least on PP). Like this bet every year as you get a sweat for the whole tournament.

Paddy must have lurkers on here, loads more markets up now.

900 or more 180s at 9/4 is a pretty shocking price IMO as there was just about 860 last year.

One that interests me that will give a bit of a sweat is 850+ 180s, 6+ 170 checkouts and a 9 darter at 17/2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Degag wrote: »
    900 or more 180s at 9/4 is a pretty shocking price IMO as there was just about 860 last year.

If they were laying the other side of that; I'd be all over it.

Still 400 tickets available for the first session.

London likely to be moved to Tier 3 next Friday so it'll have fans for 2 days, and likley only 600. Id prefer the fake crowd noise to 600 people in a massive arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Still 400 tickets available for the first session.

London likely to be moved to Tier 3 next Friday so it'll have fans for 2 days, and likley only 600. Id prefer the fake crowd noise to 600 people in a massive arena.

Not for me US, I’d prefer any crowd to the canned noise

TbL

Not for me US, I’d prefer any crowd to the canned noise

TbL

For sure

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

600 fans wouldn't be bad, is that about a quarter of capacity? More than enough to make a bit of noise.

Can't stand the fake crowd noise myself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

London looks to be moving into Tier 3 from Wednesday so no fans at all this year.

It's confirmed now, tier 3 from Midnight 00.01am on Wednesday so there will be fans there for one night!

The PDC will have to think of something fast because the venue will look absolutely ridiculous if they keep the huge stage and a massive empty room. Too late to change venue now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

That sucks.

Was really looking forward to a crowd. Of all the sports I watch I think Darts has suffered the most from no crowd.

Advertisement