Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PDC World Championships 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Kingp35 wrote: »
    It's confirmed now, tier 3 from Midnight 00.01am on Wednesday so there will be fans there for one night!

The PDC will have to think of something fast because the venue will look absolutely ridiculous if they keep the huge stage and a massive empty room. Too late to change venue now.

They knew this was coming since last week I'm sure they have set and crowd noise at the ready .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Surely they’ll section/cordon it off

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 13,301 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

There's a natural break point when round 2 ends on the 23rd and Round 3 (32 players) starts on the 27th. Presumably the players/officials/tv people go home for Christmas and come back and go though the protocols again.

I wonder would they consider moving to The Manchester Arena or Bank Liverpool at that stage? 12 sessions remain then I think, 1000 people at £40 would be near £500K (though obviously the move costs a sizeable chunk of that).

There's a natural break point when round 2 ends on the 23rd and Round 3 (32 players) starts on the 27th. Presumably the players/officials/tv people go home for Christmas and come back and go though the protocols again.

I wonder would they consider moving to The Manchester Arena or Bank Liverpool at that stage? 12 sessions remain then I think, 1000 people at £40 would be near £500K (though obviously the move costs a sizeable chunk of that).

Can’t see it from a logistic perspective

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

EpPBZu4XcAIcBz0?format=jpg&name=small

• Advertisement

Happy Christmas everyone :)

Lazzus.20s Fatasy World Championship is almost as traditional as the Darts themselves at Christmas No sign this year ,

• Registered Users Posts: 37,815 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Its going to be very very different this year with no crowd for 90% of the tournament but is what it is and looking forward to it

Lots of shocks coming and they could stert as early as tonight. A Peter Wright win far from certain tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

They're definitely piping noise in already aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

D.Q wrote: »

Definately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

When I heard rapturous cheering for Steve West hitting D5 in an arena with about 100 people I was a bit suspicious alright :pac:

That Indian lad was really poor, he missed at least three shots at a single

• Registered Users Posts: 37,815 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone have a list of the 3rd Round games ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

El Sueño wrote: »
    That Indian lad was muck, he missed at least three shots at a single

debut for him and zero experience which showed and being so young.

Steve well beaten...

TbL

I always thought Portela looked handy anytime I've seen him. Surprised it's his first win

When I heard rapturous cheering for Steve West hitting D5 in an arena with about 100 people I was a bit suspicious alright :pac:

Hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

I'd say that's a few peoples accumulators gone

I always thought Portela looked handy anytime I've seen him. Surprised it's his first win
    Nothing to say he couldn't go further. He's in a section of the draw with Durrant. Lewis and Cross but it's not like any of them are playing particularly well.

Is he OK? Sky are hyping it as if its the competition or the stupid ****ing ally pally

He seems to be in a very dark place genuinely haha

• Advertisement

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    I'd say that's a few peoples accumulators gone

Yep:(

Ah god I've missed Wayne mardle. The man just talks sense. He's so measured. Every word out of his mouth is one of substance and weight. Breath of fresh air.

Costly misses for Barry so far

Is he OK? Sky are hyping it as if its the competition or the stupid ****ing ally pally

He seems to be in a very dark place genuinely haha

Did he say he'd have retired if he lost tonight or did I pick that up wrong?

Did he say he'd have retired if he lost tonight or did I pick that up wrong?

He said "Tonight would've have been my last game but I won", think he also mentioned losing someone to covid

Wow this is a stinker. Both averaging late 70s

Costly misses for Barry so far

He’s playing poorly, hope he picks it up as this is one he could win

Throws far too quick for my liking

TbL

He’s playing poorly, hope he picks it up as this is one he could win

Throws far too quick for my liking

TbL

His darts seem to hang down particularly when he's shooting at lower end of the board

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Looking bad for Keane. Playing too quick. Missing key doubles

• Advertisement

His darts seem to hang down particularly when he's shooting at lower end of the board

Yep causes him huge problems if first dart doesn’t hit the treble, ends up chasing trebles around the board

TbL

Advertisement