Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Elimination Chamber 2019 - Rumours, spoilers, etc

Options
  • 03-02-2019 12:03pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Card is already shaping up.
    WWE Championship - Elimination Chamber Match
    Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton vs Jeff Hardy vs Samoa Joe vs Mustafa Ali vs AJ Styles

WWE Women's Tag Team Championship - Elimination Chamber Match

Jax/Tamina vs Rose/Deville vs Morgan/Logan vs Iiconics vs ???? vs ????

WWE Smackdown Tag Championships
    Miz/McMahon vs Usos

I can't see Brock defending, so I'm guessing Raw won't have a chamber match. Two is enough anyway.

Guessing we'll see Finn vs Lashley for the IC title. Guessing Bayley/Banks and Kairi/Io as the last two teams?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Last two women's teams were spoiled/announced by an ad...

https://i.redd.it/vw5od6jx2ee21.jpg
    Carmella and Naomi over Sky Pirates? Go 'way and shíte, WWE.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I can appreciate they don't want to call the duo up, but the reason they were rumoured was cause of the utter lack of teams. THAT team is very obviously filler, which is a bad image to give off when you're introducing a new championship for a division.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lord TSC wrote:
    I can appreciate they don't want to call the duo up, but the reason they were rumoured was cause of the utter lack of teams. THAT team is very obviously filler, which is a bad image to give off when you're introducing a new championship for a division.

Tbf the Iiconics are embarrassingly bad in comparison to that 6th team. Even if they are a tag team the pair of them combined wouldn't add up to a talented wrestler. Looking at the quality of the Rumble match it doesn't fill me with much hope for this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

meltzy is reporting that Sasha banks may not be cleared for the elimination chamber event. She's been injured a bit recently which would be worrying given she isn't the biggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Spoilered for anyone who has to watch this week's episode yet but Cruiserweight title match, which will probably be on the preshow
    Buddy Murphy vs Akira Tozawa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,038 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ronda defending her title against Ruby Riott

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I bloody hate title matches where there's 1000000% only 1 outcome, but how will Ronda overcome the odds?

With the chamber match, Bryan is the heavy favourite, but really any of 4 guys could conceivably come out with the title

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ronda defending her title against Ruby Riott

Even though the outcome is obvious I hope Ruby(Who I think is a future champion in WWE) gets a strong showing and isn't made to look like a joke. Ruby is too good to be made a jobber. Don't let the tattoos fool you, this girl can wrestle.

For all they try to deny the "Ronda is leaving after Mania" rumours, it sure feels the last few weeks has been trying to cram in as many different matches as possible for her, like there's a rush to do them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lord TSC wrote: »
    For all they try to deny the "Ronda is leaving after Mania" rumours, it sure feels the last few weeks has been trying to cram in as many different matches as possible for her, like there's a rush to do them.

I think she'll definitely take a break anyways. I don't think it will be permanent, but assuming the plan is for her to lose it would make sense for her to leave briefly and come back, possibly turn heel and set up either a rematch with Becky/Charlotte (hopefully Becky) at SS, or do the Four Horsewomen match (although they might do Ronda VS Becky - heel turn, introduce the Four Horsewomen, Survivor Series Match - leading into someone taking her down at Mania again next year)

And yes I'm probably being naïve that the WWE is that forward thinking :pac:

• Advertisement

Reports that
    Mustafi Ali
    is being pulled from the chamber due to injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

If Ronda is leaving you’d think it’s to start a family so she could be gone for a few years. Why else would she leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

they answered that in ronda thread :D:D

Reports that
    Mustafi Ali
    is being pulled from the chamber due to injuries.

A terrifying prospect of
    Rowan in a world title match
    :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ERG89 wrote: »
    A terrifying prospect of
    Rowan in a world title match
    :eek:

Surely...
    Sheamus, or Cesaro or even New Day
    would get in ahead of spoilered person?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Two matches announced...

Finn vs Lashley and Rush in handicap match. If Finn pins either, he wins the IC belt.

Strowman vs Corbin.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »
    Two matches announced...

Finn vs Lashley and Rush in handicap match. If Finn pins either, he wins the IC belt.

Strowman vs Corbin.

Both dreadful matches. They really have nothing for anyone outside the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

J. Marston wrote: »
    Two matches announced...

Strowman vs Corbin.

So Finn pins Rush leading to Lashley v Rush at Mania with Finn being in the multi man IC title match??

Am I the only person who doesn't see women's chamber match for the tag titles as a straight forward predictable as to the winner. I think there are at least three teams of the four who could win and I'd be perfectly happy with any of them being the first champs. The only one I wouldn't like to see is nia jax and tamina and it's nothing personal to either of them, but not their time. I'd love if the riott squad won and ruby had a decent showing in her match with ronda. They may be a underused group but they are a good group.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I’d much prefer riot squad win and give bayley/sasha the mania moment with the win there

• Advertisement

Imagine if Ruby won, and they move towards Becky vs Ronda without the title.

Imagine if Ruby won, and they move towards Becky vs Ronda without the title.

I don't see it but I certainly see Ruby Riott as a champion in WWE. There is a match she had on raw with Ronda in November last year before the show in Australia which shows how good a match her and Ronda can have. And Ronda is in there with a person who knows what she is doing having done it for nine years.Is it obvious I'm a fan of Ruby Riott or have I been subtle enough ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I don't see it but I certainly see Ruby Riott as a champion in WWE. There is a match she had on raw with Ronda in November last year before the show in Australia which shows how good a match her and Ronda can have. And Ronda is in there with a person who knows what she is doing having done it for nine years.Is it obvious I'm a fan of Ruby Riott or have I been subtle enough ?

tumblr_oxbuxaFUqE1rnux1so2_540.gif

Not at all :pac:

I'd pay money to see the look on Vince's face if someone suggested in a creative meeting that having Ronda Rousey lose her title to Ruby Riott.
    Rousey & Lynch is all they have on paper now that people want to see at Wrestlemania even if it involves Charlotte. People want Lynch to be the one to beat her.
    Nobody cares about the world title matches, the public are aware Taker is done in ring even if he ain't & unless you really want to see Ambrose vs Nia Jax or Kevin Owens return there ain't much to anticipate.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,038 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would love Kofi to get a world title reign

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I would love Kofi to get a world title reign

I'm really hoping they have Kofi put in a strong showing at EC, and keep moving forward into a proper Bryan vs Kofi match at Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

I think id put my foot through the TV screen if I had to listen to promos between Bryan and New Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

give Kofi the title then it leads to big e turning on the new day with poor xavier stuck in the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Would love to see Kofi win the title.

Pessimist in me thinks neither Bryan or Kofi walk out with the title, and we wind up with New Day vs Vegan Wyatts with Bryan in place of Bray or Harper. Surely one of them due back before Mania? Hopefully not!

New day been a bit shafted Mania wise, when they hosted it was pants. As it stands for me, their mania moment is coming out of a giant box of booty o's. If Kofi were to be in a match with Bryan for the title at Mania no question he'd deserve it. I'd be happy with a decent singles run for Kofi to be fair.

• Advertisement

WWE are live streaming the construction of the chamber.

Advertisement