Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Adams Olympia Sun 31st March 2019

Options

Comments

I'm thinking of selling my tickets but will see if he cancels over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

One of the guitarists he uses has removed Ryan's details off his IG profile and he was due to play on the tour

Edit.. Chaps name is Todd Wisenbaker

The only way is down from here.

Although...you'd wonder how much people who work/tour with him know/new before this morning. Having said that, I suppose I wouldn't want to be judged just because someone I work with/for is a pr1ck.

Best just cancel those concerts pronto. He's probably in meetings with lawyers and promoters today figuring out how much it's going to cost and who will pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Autecher wrote: »
    If this is true then that stuff with the young girl is very scummy stuff and that threatening to kill himself if someone doesn't come to see him immediately is just straight up emotional blackmail and very scummy too. However why is nobody questioning the behaviour of a few of these women? Phoebe Bridgers described him as obsessive and emotionally abusive so she broke up with him which is the best thing to do but then she accepts an offer to tour Europe with him and goes alone to his hotel room? No he shouldn't be naked when she walks in but she shouldn't be there either. The Courtney Jaye I don't see what he did wrong the way it's wrote in the article. He came on to her and she says she wasn't interested but she still got into a bed with him? No sex took place according to her but why be in the bed with him at all if you were there to record music? Get the fúck out of the studio and leave!

Worry about the impact on their careers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Maybe we should allow due process to occur before we hang him. He's denying everything.

As a man I think we can all agree that he's a bit off centre, comes across as being very highly strung and emotional. Known to be rude and unprofessional at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,034 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Maybe we should allow due process to occur before we hang him. He's denying everything.

As a man I think we can all agree that he's a bit off centre, comes across as being very highly strung and emotional. Known to be rude and unprofessional at times.
    He really isnt...the below tweet from his isnt a denial at all.

But the picture that this article paints is upsettingly inaccurate. Some of its details are misrepresented; some are exaggerated; some are outright false. I would never have inappropriate interactions with someone I thought was underage. Period.

There are also thousands of text messages seemingly....he is screwed IMO.

And lets be honest he knew that girl was underage.
    If ppl find out they’ll think I’m like R Kelley
    i would get in trouble if someone knew we talked like this
    What could this POSSIBLY mean other than that he knew she was underage?
    A 40 year old man messaged that to a child who had literally just turned 16.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Total creep story. Very disappointed, like most here.
    And that said...

To be honest I'd prefer if this was about his gig, it's been fairly decent so far in here but if if moves off topic there'll be a big delete and reset.

Will be interesting to see if he cancels any gigs or if there's pressure e.g. from London media to blackball the Royal Albert Hall gig. Very hard to do press ahead of the concerts, as would be the norm.

If London goes, Dublin is definitely gone.

No sign yet though...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭RamonD3

Basq wrote: »
    As I've said elsewhere.. if there's any good to come from this horrible HORRIBLE story.. it's that Phoebe Bridgers might get the recognition she deserves. Strangers In The Alps is an absolutely incredible debut album!

And Better Oblivion Community Center, her side project with Conor Oberst, is mighty good too!

Check out the boygenius ep as well, wound up seeing them live when I was on vacation last year, terrific.

I never got it when people react personally to the death or conduct of some public figure - but I must say reading that article this morning really shook me. I love Ryan Adams music, have seen him 9 times over the years. I had him down as a bit eccentric like most of us, really couldn't have imagined any of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

RamonD3 wrote: »
    Check out the boygenius ep as well, wound up seeing them live when I was on vacation last year, terrific.
    Just picked it up yesterday. Excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Looking forward to this one!

Beverly Hills, California

gmisk wrote: »
    Even after all the accusations?

I would be surprised if it went ahead tbh.

Will they "postpone" until further notice, or cancel and give money back...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Wooderson wrote: »
    Will they "postpone" until further notice, or cancel and give money back...

Yeah, you never know,

Ticketmaster/Live Nation may hold off paying refunds until they sort out costs due to them for esentially a no show which was out of their control.

Or maybe there's an easy process where insurance from his touring/promoter company pays out in situations like this.

Watch this space I guess.

Be absolutely amazed if the shows go ahead. Theyre the first of the tour also so a lightning rod for the world's meejah that are feeding on this like Indie Weinstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Interesting to see tkts are available again on ticketmaster

They must have refunded some tkt holders

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I think it's only a matter of time before the tour is pulled.
    I just can't see them going ahead. The atmosphere would be too weird. I'm not sure if even the diehard fans can stay behind him now with the FBI investigation underway.
    Global media would decent on Dublin for it too.
    He needs that investigation to conclude asap in my opinion and step back from the limelight under the outcome is known. For now, his career needs to go on hold.

A RA gig is usually such an intimate affair, as I'm sure many of you know, and I'm sure there'd be some heckles if it did go ahead.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Mr.S wrote: »
    Ok way off topic, find some other thread for this kind of stuff.

The accusations made will obvious impact the show in one way or another, but let's try and keep the talk on here related to the show. There are other threads on boards that are far more suitable.

I'll just add a +1 to this.

Again this is Gig/Events if people want to discuss how much of a dick RA is, please take it to Alt/Music/AH etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Has anyone gotten a refund for this? I wanna refund my tickets, wondering if anyone has managed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten a refund for this? I wanna refund my tickets, wondering if anyone has managed it.

Unless it's cancelled, which I think is a strong likelihood, you probably won't have much luck getting a refund I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

the release of the album has been pulled and pre orders refunded - I would be amazed if the gigs go ahead

• Advertisement

the release of the album has been pulled and pre orders refunded - I would be amazed if the gigs go ahead

Mine got refunded today, got an email about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Mine got refunded today, got an email about it.

Your preorder or ticket for the gig?

Your preorder or ticket for the gig?

Album preorder, I have not yet tried refunding the ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

Royal Albert Hall has this on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 24,845 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

AnnaSophia wrote: »
    Royal Albert Hall has this on twitter

‘At this time’ is the key three words....

To be fair I dont think promotors care. I want this cancelled myself but until something actually comes out other than the article, I'm not sure what is gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

I’ve been wondering, if he’s under investigation by the FBI, will he even be allowed travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shane.

For the people wanting refunds/cancellations etc would you still go to the gig if its on? Or would your moral stance not allow it?

I’ve 2 tickets and followed the guy for nearly 20 years but no I won’t be going

shane. wrote: »
    I’ve 2 tickets and followed the guy for nearly 20 years but no I won’t be going

I'm the same have 2 tickets. I'm not gonna go either, would love my money back all the same. I can't imagine it will be very busy those nights if it goes ahead??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I have 2 tickets and won't be going. Hope it's cancelled, don't think i'd sell the tickets, would rather he played to an empty room. Very upset and annoyed. Saw him play his first ever gig in Ireland and really loved a lot of his work.

Advertisement