Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buzzard

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Beast4mdaeast

Gulls, like most marine birds. have exceptional eyesight and can find food from quite a distance or height. However it's not nearly as developed as the vision of many raptors, who have many more receptors per sq mm and foveas with far more rods and cones that provide extraordinary distance vision.

Great response, birds of prey also see at a much better frame rate than humans , they almost have a supernatural response to detection of movement!!
    I Hunt with a trained Harris Hawk , he is often 3 feet away from my glove before I even know his prey is there!!

Mach Two wrote: »
    Compared to humans how much better are raptors.

I have seen my harris hawk return from 4/500meters away instantly to my falconry glove , at the sight of a piece of meat the size of a piece of popcorn!! No problem at all for them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I see Buzzards daily regularly rooting up worms

Here are some pics of my Harris for those interested ..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement