Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster Team Talk Thread VI - Stander Up and Fight

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,366 ✭✭✭✭phog

We probably won't see Bleyendaal or Stander (and maybe not Murray), but other than that I'd expect to see the full team out this weekend seeing as he rested players last weekend.

If Murray doesn't make Saturday then I'm not sure I'd start him v Saracens the following week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

A new born king to see POM POM POM POM POM
    Following Saturday’s hard fought win over Glasgow Warriors in Irish Independent Park, the squad reassembled in the High Performance Centre at UL this morning as preparations began for the visit of Ulster to Thomond Park this coming Saturday at 3pm.

Tyler Bleyendaal and Donnacha Ryan who both sustained concussions on Saturday night will follow return to play protocols this week with James Cronin requiring a scan for a knee injury sustained during the PRO12 encounter.

Conor Murray (shoulder) and CJ Stander (ankle) continue to be monitored by the medical team.

David Johnston was an early withdrawal for Garryowen due to a hip pointer in their win over Old Belvedere in the weekend’s AIL action, and won’t train this week.

Meanwhile, Ian Keatley is expected to take a full part in training at some stage this week.

Continuing to rehab – Jean Kleyn (neck), Dave Foley (wrist), Sean McCarthy (knee), Mike Sherry (back).

http://munsterrugby.ie/2017/04/10/squad-update-97/

No timeframe for Stander or Murray suggests to me they won't be back for Ulster. Hopefully Keatley can be available.

Fingers crossed for James Cronin.

Psycho Killer - "Hands Away" (Prop-Prop-Prrrroppp-Prop, Prop-Prop-Prop-Prrrrrrop-Prop)
    http://munsterrugby.ie/2017/04/10/squad-update-97/

No timeframe for Stander or Murray suggests to me they won't be back for Ulster. Hopefully Keatley can be available

Realistically you would want them back training by the end of this weekend for them to be ready for Sarries. Stander isn't long out so can probably come back in with a late fitness test but Murray is cutting it fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Psycho Killer - "Hands Away" (Prop-Prop-Prrrroppp-Prop, Prop-Prop-Prop-Prrrrrrop-Prop)
    If Murray is 80% fit, he plays against Saracens. Williams has done well but this is a very different test and Saracens have a massive pack who really ask questions of the scrum half. They make sh*te of the ball and know when to flood rucks. Murray's physicality will be required to deal with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭espn091

Stander Up and Fight
    Anyone else think Cronin looks in poor shape?

espn091 wrote: »
    Anyone else think Cronin looks in poor shape?

He was just back from injury iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

John Hayes Ligind
    Slightly worrying seeing "Ryan" and "concussion" in the same sentence after last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭budhabob

He was just back from injury iirc.

It was a finger injury though wasnt it? shouldnt have stopped doing cardio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

John Hayes Ligind
    Cronin has always carried that extra belly fat, could do with trimming a few kilos alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

budhabob wrote:
    It was a finger injury though wasnt it? shouldnt have stopped doing cardio.

A mate commented on his complete lack of neck as we watched last weeks game. Bulking ok but cardio might be the problem.

From The Examiner
    "Obviously, we are trying to get CJ and Conor back this week while Donnacha and Tyler will go through the usual HIA processes so hopefully they will pass those tests and be available for Saturday”, said Erasmus.
    “I don’t think they were among the worst concussions ever seen. I’m nervous for CJ and Conor because they are important players like any other coach would be at this stage of the season.

“Other coaches, Mark McCall at Saracens, I’m sure they all have worries and we are the same. CJ and Conor are world-class players and it would be great to have them available.

“My gut feeling is that CJ has a better chance than Conor because of the speed of recovery of the two at this stage. They have a good chance but not this week although they are not ruled out.”

Tickets for the B&I Cup Final are now on Sale.

From Twitter - no idea of true or not
    Rob Ryan‏
    @robruaryan

@threeredkings more semi tickets on sale 4.30 today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Jesus. A semi final potentially Stander, Murray, Ryan and Tyler. Am I reading that right as worst case scenario?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

phog wrote: »
    From Twitter - no idea of true or not

yeah just spotted it here: http://rugbylad.com/heres-how-you-can-get-your-hands-on-munster-vs-saracens-tickets-today/

no word of it on mrsc or mr, strange

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    yeah just spotted it here: http://rugbylad.com/heres-how-you-can-get-your-hands-on-munster-vs-saracens-tickets-today/

It's a Ticketmaster event not a MR or MRSC gig

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Jesus. A semi final potentially Stander, Murray, Ryan and Tyler. Am I reading that right as worst case scenario?

Yup. Athough it sounds to me like Tyler, Ryan and Stander should be OK. We don't stand a chance of winning without Murray though. Williams did alright against Toulouse, but Saracens are a level way above them.

It's a Ticketmaster event not a MR or MRSC gig

True but think they promoted Friday's public sale..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

No countdown timer on ticketmaster yet, take with a pinch of salt for now I'd say.

No countdown timer on ticketmaster yet, take with a pinch of salt for now I'd say.

If you click into onsale times says Munster PP Presale
    Start: Mon 10/04/17, 16:30
    End: Thu 13/04/17, 12:00

whatever that is!

• Advertisement

If you click into onsale times says Munster PP Presale
    Start: Mon 10/04/17, 16:30
    End: Thu 13/04/17, 12:00

whatever that is!
    Ah I see it now. Like yourself, I don't know what a PP Presale is. Possibly a presale "code" might be needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Guess Who's Back, Back Again? JJ's Back, Tell a Friend

its scary

Stander is a major major loss and it would be hard to see us win without him

Saracens have an amazing squad and no injury concerns afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Ah I see it now. Like yourself, I don't know what a PP Presale is. Possibly a presale "code" might be needed.

I think it is a specific link for fans that have attended games this season. That guy had an email from Munster rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Saw Ryan yesterday in Douglas. looked fine to me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Return of the JJ
    Email from Munster Rugby with link to my non mrsc email address followed by email from mrsc to other email address saying I could buy up to six additional tickets

http://mrsc.ie/news/24162.php

Any existing members can purchase additional tickets. If any of you fellows had the ability to purchase 4 id be eternally grateful and chip in for a few pints.

That is if you have all got sorted yourselves first of course

I just got an email from MRSC.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

If Murray doesn't make Saturday then I'm not sure I'd start him v Saracens the following week.

Murray should start v Sarries if fit, game time be damned.
    Ulster are finding a bit of form and at home are always tough. And Glasgow had our number at the start of the season and will be chasing points.

Which they threw away by drawing with Cardiff at home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

I just got an email from MRSC.

Any chance you could help me out to get a ticket?

Can't PM you, your inbox is full...

An extra 6 is quite a lot. Hopefully for myself they wont all be taken up and maybe some more will go to a public sale.

• Advertisement

Shougeki wrote: »
    Which they threw away by drawing with Cardiff at home?

Cardiff are playing good rugby at the moment. They almost beat Leinster and were unlucky not to do so in many ways.

True but think they promoted Friday's public sale..

Received an email from them
    We have received an additional allocation of tickets from the EPCR for the European Cup semi-final against Saracens. From this additional allocation and remaining tickets from our first sale to members, all members may now purchase up to an additional 6 tickets each....This second sale is open from 4.30pm today (Monday 10th April) and will remain open until Thursday at 11am or until sold out. Tickets categories will be available on a first come first served basis. Please note some categories have limited availability. As this is an extra allocation of tickets members may purchase in addition to what they have already purchased but tickets purchased in the initial sale may not be returned. Tickets must be purchased on-line through your MRSC Account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Couldn't get a ticket again even after getting the email from Munster rugby.

**** sake

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Any existing members not going to take up the extra ticket offer? Would be eternally grateful!!

**** sake

Are you logged into your mrsc account? If they are offering up to 6 extra tickets i imagine there is a good amount there

Christ, 6 additional tickets per member? I feel bad for the non MRSC people looking to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Return of the JJ

**** sake

Just tired on the ticketmater site and there are still some available.

OJd8thJ.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Christ, 6 additional tickets per member? I feel bad for the non MRSC people looking to go.
    Plenty non MRSC people can get them through rugby clubs/schools, their work with domestic rugby.
    If not involved with any of these then tough luck. 6 is a bit much though

Will Saracens even have 1,000 fans there at this rate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

davo2001 wrote: »
    Just tired on the ticketmater site and there are still some available.

Not seeing any here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Ludo wrote: »
    Not seeing any here.

Log into your MRSC account, click on buy tickets/memberships and then select Munster V Saracens from the list.

I wont spam you lads with begging posts so just 1 last note. If anyone got some previously that they didnt love and would like to take this time to upgrade their tickets then id be happy to take your initial ones off your hands

Return of the JJ
    I wont spam you lads with begging posts so just 1 last note. If anyone got some previously that they didnt love and would like to take this time to upgrade their tickets then id be happy to take your initial ones off your hands

Still available on TM.

OJd8thJ.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Anyone else getting hounded by acquaintances who you know for a fact haven't been at a game all year??

^^^^ For MRSC members, I"m assuming Awesomeness is asking because he isnt one.

• Advertisement

Return of the JJ

I'm not a memeber and got them on the ticketmaster site, still available.

Correct. Im a leinster man. Have some mates visiting from abroad that is a sarries fan and was looking to go to the game. Completely agree with munster lads getting tickers first though.

I think they're gone are they? Friend of mine wasn't having any luck but managed to get him a pair. TM works in mysterious ways..

davo2001 wrote: »
    I'm not a memeber and got them on the ticketmaster site, still available.
    Why does the image you posted have "Your Exclusive offer" written at the top?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Why does the image you posted have "Your Exclusive offer" written at the top?

Seems to have been sent out to people who bought tickets on TM this year. Got 2 this time. I'd say I'm up in the Sky, but feck it...i don't care at this stage.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement