Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peeing in front of other men.

Options
  • 01-11-2013 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭

Something I've never been comfortable with. It doesn't help that the urinals in my workplace are ridiculously close together either. Maybe I have Paruresis (shy bladder), but I just find the idea of men standing beside each other holding their things, talking about the football to be really weird. Anyone else like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Mod

Let's leave the smart-ass replies and any medical advice out of this thread please, remember where you're posting :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I opt for te you space them rule. I don't stand shoulder to shoulder. No problem pissing in the same jacks just don't wanna be rubbing off them. Just like showering ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

I try keep a free urinal between me and the next guy. I'll use a cubile otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

TheBody wrote: »
    I try keep a free urinal between me and the next guy. I'll use a cubile otherwise.

Always followed this rule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Unless I'm really bursting to go I find it hard to "relax" enough to pee with company around. Just one of life's trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fat Nav

I get stage fright so aim for the cubicles but when well shot no bother doing it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

I once wore flip flops at a stainless (yeah right) steel urinal trough. never again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Do you ever take a sneaky peek at the next guys pecker ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,723 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

TheBody wrote: »

Ever have an awkward situation where the place is practically empty and a guy comes in and pees at the urinal right next to you? It's just not right!
    Also, on a similar vein, the amount of places that have the urinal on the same wall but a few feet down as the wash hand basin, who the bloody hell designed some of these places?!
    IMO, nothing more uncomfortable than standing there, having a pee, looking at the wall in front of you, when a few mere feet to your left/right is a guy looking at himself in the mirror.
    I find it strange!
    And awkward pishing conversations. Lads, if ye go for a pee and there's a lad at the urinal who you don't know...Please..oh please..don't be making polite conversation!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,723 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

awec wrote: »
    I had a guy come in, use the urinal right beside me despite there being about 5 others free, and then proceed to talk to me.

Talk about weirding me out!

That was me!:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Panthro wrote: »
    Also, on a similar vein, the amount of places that have the urinal on the same wall but a few feet down as the wash hand basin, who the bloody hell designed some of these places?

Good question. Whoever designed these urinals had the right idea. Urinals.jpg Lots of space with a board in between each one.

This is what the urinals look like in my workplace. Only 3 of them and so close together. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:3_urinals.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭irritablebaz

never really bothered me tbh apart from one specific time. i'm a spurs fan and got a ticket for the chelsea end in a game we were playing them. obviously the loo's that end were packed with chelsea fans and when i eventually got a free urinal i just could not go. i was not feeling overly nervous considering my situ so not sure why i got the mental block.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I was in a bar in Queensland, walked up to the urinal, peeing away when I looked up, the whole urinal was one way glass, pretty freaky.
    When I returned to the bar I kept my eye on the wall to see how many others checked out the wall from the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 king rhus

I think that they should put posters on the wall over the urinals at least then you are looking up and not down....

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mccannf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

I hate the way some urinals are REALLY close together. They might as well put one on the wall and have a few fellas share it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I used to never get shy kidneys at all... until one time at an AC/DC concert in Punchestown. There were about 2 toilet cabins for the entire male contingent of the 80,000+ crowd, so everyone basically started peeing against a long advertising hoarding at the edge of the spectator area.

I needed to pee, so up I went. For some reason, nothing happened. I was stood there, holding my jammed penis, getting more humiliated by the second as I thought "COME ON!!!" over and over again! In the end, I could do nothing but slink away, embarrassed and trying not to look like a pervert.

Ever since then, I've "suffered" from shy kidneys and it sucks. I hate using urinals now, as sometimes nothing happens. It's a nightmare, especially in pubs or stadiums. :(

• Advertisement

These.jpg are gas. Presumably they're to make people laugh which will relax them and enable them to pee freely. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No, I just go in pee and leave.

Thats what the toilet is there for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I always leave 1 free urinal between me & the next guy (if possible) and I never make conversation, even if I know them! Hold your peace while you hold your piece!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KD11

Fat Nav wrote: »
    I get stage fright so aim for the cubicles but when well shot no bother doing it at all.

You could at least aim for the urinal instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

What I hate is when you're in mid pee and the only other guy in the place initiates small talk... which you try to evade... and then he makes some remark querying the size of your package. This is exactly what happened to me just last night!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

My work is the worst, one urinal in the toilet on my floor and it's right next to the sink...

cantdecide wrote: »
    What I hate is when you're in mid pee and the only other guy in the place initiates small talk... which you try to evade... and then he makes some remark querying the size of your package. This is exactly what happened to me just last night!!

:eek: Now that is disturbing. Thankfully I've never experienced that. The worst I've encountered was a fellow workmate talking about Wayne Rooney's bicycle kick. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I hate when there's only three urinals, and someone is standing at the middle one, some men just want to watch the world burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

From 24 minutes in for about a minute this is discussed.

My technique is somewhat similar to Graham Linehans. I just think of something really insane (I'm already quite insane) like 'as soon as I start I'm going to act like a helicopter and spin around in circles and make helicopter noises...' and I'm going before I know it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Really doesn't bother me. I'd never really be one to initiate conversation, but wouldn't have a problem if the guy beside me started chatting (providing the chat isn't penis related).

Advertisement