Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurolens.ie - Beware

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 monnells

Hi all

I was just about to order from eurolens.ie and did a quick boards search first,so thanks for the warnings. Can I ask you what site is reliable and based in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Gian-Pa

http://www.getlenses.ie/ seems ok. though are not the fastest to ship

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Anthropology

Got around €166 worth of contacts from www.EuroLense.ie and now stuck with a €44.22 bill from customs!

Some details I found about them:

domain: eurolens.ie
    descr: Lens.com, Inc.
    descr: Body Corporate (Ltd,PLC,Company)
    descr: Discretionary Name
    admin-c: AGI205-IEDR
    tech-c: ADC696-IEDR
    renewal: 16-January-2013
    nserver: ns1.powerserve.net
    nserver: ns2.powerserve.net
    source: IEDR

person: Cary Samourkachian
    nic-hdl: AGI205-IEDR

person: Anouar Adlani
    nic-hdl: ADC696-IEDR

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭odonopenmic

Oh how I wish I'd seen this thread before it was too late...

I too have been stung however, I got a full refund.

Basically, their website said 7-10 working days for delivery and then as it all played out, they then said that this would be six weeks. Long story, head banging off brick wall etc. etc.

So I waited for the delivery day, and the minute it got to six weeks with no sign of them, I requested a full refund, which I duly received. Two days later the lenses arrived in the post :p

Unbelievable shenanigans though!

I'm currently going through an online optician for spectacles (sacing 200 euro in the process for the same frames and lenses) so I'll let ye know how I get on there if there's another relevant thread. They're UK based, and so far so good and they may also do contacts. Won't post their details though till I have my order and can stand over a recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

i have the sam problem as you guys

didnt know they are in the US
    didnt know they dont have return policy if shippment is lost :/

in the email they say...we do not have tracking number, give it up to 6 weeks .....

so how can they know if I got them or not if they dont have the tracking number :S

did any of you guys get refund?
    how did you get it?
    just asked, or throu the credit card company?
    (i dont know how credit card company resolves this kind of problems in coratia :/ )

i'm so mad :D

ty for any info
    i'm vaiting for my lenses sinc 22.3.2012 ://

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭odonopenmic

I got a refund and this is how it played out....

Because their website/shipping info said allow 7-15 days, I emailed when my order did not show up within this timeframe and asked what was going on? I was then told that I had to allow 6 weeks for delivery.
    I sent a complaint and demanded a full refund as the information on their website was incorrect regarding shipping times.
    They replied to say that I had to leave 6 weeks for delivery and that they were required to give it the full 6 weeks before they would issue a refund.
    After 6 weeks without any delivery, I requested a refund for the 3rd time and was told that they would either reship my order or refund the amount on receipt of a letter of non-receipt.
    I sent the letter confirming non-receipt by return email and was issued a refund within a day or two.

Hope that helps - they're a bunch of cowboys so it would not surprise me at all if they have now changed things to make it non-refundable.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

thank you very much
    can you just please tell me what is the "letter of non-receipt."
    (i do understand what it is, it is a kind a proff that you did not get you stuff right?)
    but where do i find that (on the internet i presume? xd) and can I email that od i have to send it by post ?
    (a little language barrier and I havent had any axpirience of this kind yet)

and on the refun oplicy, they are a little bit contraditory

they say
    euroLens guarantees that all our orders will be shipped containing the exact contact lenses that were ordered, and that all of those contact lenses will be sealed in the manufacturer's sterile packaging, or your purchase will be fully refunded.

euroLens also guarantees that if within 30 days you have any problems with your order, then all of your unopened packages can be returned for a full refund.*

and then
    Notes:

Returns can take as long as six weeks to process
    euroLens can only accept sealed and unopened products for return
    euroLens does not accept responsability for products that are lost or damaged during shipment.
    * - Full Refund:
    No custom orders (including Made to Order lenses) can be returned, cancelled, or exchanged once the order has been received by our system.
    There is a small processing fee for all returns
    Shipping and Handling charges will not be refunded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Got mine...and a refund lol, two fingers up to them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Six weeks after ordering I just got a slip of paper from An Post telling me to pay 25 quid customs. I emailed eurolens and told them I wasn't paying import changes as I thought they were in bloody ireland. Told them to give me a refund and then told them to go and sh*te. Hope that works...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Mousewar wrote: »
    Six weeks after ordering I just got a slip of paper from An Post telling me to pay 25 quid customs. I emailed eurolens and told them I wasn't paying import changes as I thought they were in bloody ireland. Told them to give me a refund and then told them to go and sh*te. Hope that works...

I dont know if it will. I had war with them over their ".ie" domain and how misleading it was and got nowhere. I was told I could only get a refund if the goods didn't arrive within 6 weeks. As it turned out, the goods arrived one day before the 6 week limit but I wasnt aware the "we tried to deliver" ticket had been left in the poxtbox so I got my refund. About a month later I found the note and went to collect. Didn't have to pay any customs (I dont know why, maybe they just had the lenses sitting around and wanted to get rid of them) Was brill haha. I hope it gets sorted for you. It's sh1t when you think we are getting them cheaper online (and are willing to wait) and then it winds up the same cost :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Indeed, most annoying is that I had previously bought them cheaper from Lens.com which was obviously a US company. As I kept getting stung for custom charges I thought I'd try eurolens.ie. Guess who owns them.

Advertisement