Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best of all time

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I recently watched the first few ufc things. Ufc1 I, 2and 3 I suppose.

The kickboxer wearing one glove cracked me up. My god how much it’s changed.
    Just for ****s and giggles I’d love to see the original Gracie and khabib wrestle.

No you wouldn't.

They did this when they brought Gracie back to fight Matt Hughes. It didn't go well for him. And as great as Matt Hughes was, his prime-self wouldn't be able to hang with the Khabibs of the world today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

George st pierre for me.

Fought in my opinion the best welterweights ever, literally one after an other.

Pretty much battered them all senseless to, except for possibly Condit and Jonny "juicer" hendriks.

Anderson silva is tainted because of his ped use.

Ill be slightly left field here to.

If Mcgregor had kept on fighting after the Alvarez win, then he would have been in the mix for the best ever also. Just my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I recently watched the first few ufc things. Ufc1 I, 2and 3 I suppose.

The kickboxer wearing one glove cracked me up. My god how much it’s changed.
    Just for ****s and giggles I’d love to see the original Gracie and khabib wrestle.

Do you mean the actually ranked boxer

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Khabib, will never be beaten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Flyingsnowball

Do you mean the actually ranked boxer

No the fella who won the first few ufc events back before weight classes and stuff. There were sumo wrestlers and Kent shamrock and the likes. Gracie would just roll around with them until he had them pinned and they couldn’t move. They would actually tap out through not being able to get up rather than being in any particular hold. They are well worth a watch just to see the difference between them and now.

Calltocall wrote: »
    Khabib, will never be beaten.

I’ve heard that before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

No the fella who won the first few ufc events back before weight classes and stuff. There were sumo wrestlers and Kent shamrock and the likes. Gracie would just roll around with them until he had them pinned and they couldn’t move. They would actually tap out through not being able to get up rather than being in any particular hold. They are well worth a watch just to see the difference between them and now.
    Yeah he was a boxer

Yeah he was a boxer

Nah he was bjj he wore the karate clothes and never threw a punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Mellor wrote: »
    Over the course of Tony's streak, 6 fighters have challenged for the LW belt. Melendez, RDA, Cerrone, Alvarez, Conor, Khabib. Assuming they all still challenge if Tony was champ. Then the rest from the other top LWs.
    Poirier, Gaethje, Nate, Lee, Iaquinta, Barboza, Pettis.

That's 13 fighters, so he couldn't fight them all. But any 11 you pick out would be a significantly tougher run than. Mike Rio, Lando, Castillo.
    Okay, fair point on Tony, but it doesn't change the overall point.
    Look at Jon Jones. Became champ, defended 7 times (i think) but against killers. If he racks up more then 7 now will it be more impressive after taking the current lhw division into account?
    Number of defenses is not just about your skill, timing has a lot to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Nah he was bjj he wore the karate clothes and never threw a punch.

He's talking about the guy with one glove. You said he was a kickboxer. Raze is pointing out that he was a (ranked) boxer. He tapped out when he was mounted.

Also the BJJ guy was wearing BJJ clothes not karate clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Mellor wrote: »
    He's talking about the guy with one glove. You said he was a kickboxer. Raze is pointing out that he was a (ranked) boxer. He tapped out when he was mounted.

Also the BJJ guy wasn't wearing BJJ clothes not karate clothes.

Arthur Jimmerson

Advertisement