Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Yeelight AC220V RGBW E27 Smart LED Bulb - €11.78 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭superflyninja

My first 2 arrived yesterday.
    Anyone else having trouble connecting to the app?
    Im using the Yeelight app and it took a fair few goes to connect to the bulbs. Once connected grand perfect. But closing out and going back into the app later, its very touch and go as to whether the bulbs are recognized. Anyone have any similar issues?

Other than that the bulbs themselves are brilliant. Much brighter than I thought they would be and the scene modes are kinda cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,321 ✭✭✭✭ted1

magnavox wrote: »
    Quick question, when setting it to turn on automatically can it be set to start dim and increase in brightness gradually?

Good question.

I know you can save a colour/brightness to 'favourites' and use a specific 'favourite' when setting a timer, but to be honest i didn't see anything in the setting to suggest you can increase brightness over a specified time.
    You can create scenes there a few in the Scheduler that gradually increases the brightness

Got mine yesterday and quite impressed with it, I’m used the Yeelight app.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Received mine last thursday. Well impressed with it. No problem connecting to the yeelight App and working well with Alexa. Voice commands do the usual on off and dim but also can change the colours using voice.
    Just need to wait for my bang good ones to arrive. The tracking status has been the same since last Monday
    Item is announced / bpost received the information

What status are other peoples at or have people started to receive their bang good ones ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

Just received mine. Setup in less than 10mins using the yeelight app connected to Singapore server. Works great. Thanks Op

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Tweaky wrote: »
    What status are other peoples at or have people started to receive their bang good ones ?

My tracking hasn't moved from 'Pre-advice Received' on 14/09

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Received my adaptor - light works great. Connected straight away and a nice piece of kit. I replaced bulb in average sized bedroom and it's plenty bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Received my adaptor - light works great. Connected straight away and a nice piece of kit. I replaced bulb in average sized bedroom and it's plenty bright.
    Yeah, IMO they are definitely bright enough on white light for an average sized bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

could you get an adapter in most hardware/diy shops or are they more of a rarity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Can these lights only be controlled remotely if you have the Xiaomi Gateway hub?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Can these lights only be controlled remotely if you have the Xiaomi Gateway hub?

They can be controlled remotely without the hub using the yeelight app. Very easy to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

could you get an adapter in most hardware/diy shops or are they more of a rarity?

I couldn't find one in woodies or chadwicks so I ordered a few from amazon. They were about a quid or less each.

FWIW almost all lights in IKEA are right fitting for these bulbs.

oinkely wrote: »
    They can be controlled remotely without the hub using the yeelight app. Very easy to use.

Does it need to be enabled somewhere in settings?

Tried to do it using 4G but no dice.

Works for me no problem, 4g and using a virgin media hub

Yep, got it going, think it was just lag at the server end.

A bit disappointed you can't assign a scene to a group of lights, so that individual lights each adopt a different colour to create mood lighting (which is possible with Philips Hue).

oinkely wrote: »
    I couldn't find one in woodies or chadwicks so I ordered a few from amazon. They were about a quid or less each.

FWIW almost all lights in IKEA are right fitting for these bulbs.

If you were in ikea, they sell the adapters.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

Hi I'm having the same problem with slow response using either Yeelight or Mi Home app. Bulb connects ok but trying to connect later takes several retries. Alexa discovers the bulb ok but says 'ummmm light is not responding' when trying to turn it on. I'm using Singapore servers as recommended. Probably some protocol issue through router. Don't know why they are so worried about remote access to these bulbs when 95% of the time you'll be in the house controlling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

gomara wrote: »
    Hi I'm having the same problem with slow response using either Yeelight or Mi Home app. Bulb connects ok but trying to connect later takes several retries. Alexa discovers the bulb ok but says 'ummmm light is not responding' when trying to turn it on. I'm using Singapore servers as recommended. Probably some protocol issue through router. Don't know why they are so worried about remote access to these bulbs when 95% of the time you'll be in the house controlling them.

You should try mainland china. I had issues using singapore server (especially when using the hub). Works perfectly with China to set them up.
    I use home assistant to control everything now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭superflyninja

zefer wrote: »
    You should try mainland china. I had issues using singapore server (especially when using the hub). Works perfectly with China to set them up.
    I use home assistant to control everything now

Yeah reconnecting for me is very hit or miss. I installed the Alexa app on my phone and it cant detect the bulbs at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Anybody still waiting to get theirs from gearbest ?
    Ordered on the 9th of Sept and for some reason I went with the registered post option that is redirected via Belgium and it still hasn't reached there per tracking code. Anyone else in the same boat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Got mine of Banggood today after being advised it wouldn't ship till mid October. No issues nice and bright too. Thanks OP & Tweaky for Banggood link.

• Advertisement

Ordered on the 9th of Sept and for some reason I went with the registered post option that is redirected via Belgium and it still hasn't reached there per tracking code. Anyone else in the same boat ?
    Got one still waiting on the second one

Ordered one from Gearbest same date as you & arrived today.

Belgian post tracking still showing as en route to Belgium. Chinese tracking options seem beyond useless.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I've received this bulb from gearbest, and a battery pack from banggod in the last week or so. And both have been stopped and opened by customs in Portlaoise. I suspect this held up both for some time. This might explain why some are still waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I've received this bulb from gearbest, and a battery pack from banggod in the last week or so. And both have been stopped and opened by customs in Portlaoise. I suspect this held up both for some time. This might explain why some are still waiting...

In line with recent reports of a lot more activity from customs when it comes to packages from China :(

In line with recent reports of a lot more activity from customs when it comes to packages from China :(
    I've a friend that works there. There are literally container loads coming in on a daily basis. They are only holding an insignificant amount for screening as they could not possibly hold large quantities. Those that are caught are in a tiny minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Geezy

Do ye need alexa or google home to control these when you're out? Or is the app enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Geezy wrote: »
    Do ye need alexa or google home to control these when you're out? Or is the app enough?

Got mine today... App seems to turn bulb on with all functions working while out... Good lil light thanks op...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,969 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I ordered 2 of these from Banggood on the 8th of last month, the order is still showing up as 'processing'. Are they normally that slow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

I ordered 2 of these from Banggood on the 8th of last month, the order is still showing up as 'processing'. Are they normally that slow?

Sending them out in batches I believe.

Dear customers, thank you very much for participating in our 11th Anniversary.

This Xiao Mi smart light had an exclusive price during our anniversary and quickly sold out.

Xiaomi will ship us stock in 4 batches, the priority of stock will go to those who ordered first.

The First 1-2000 orders have already been shipped out.
    Orders 2001-4000 have already been shipped out.
    Orders 4001-8000 have already been shipped out.
    For 8001-12000 orders, will ship out before 5th October. The delivery date will be delayed for 6-10 days because of China's National Day.

Thank you for your patience and support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,848 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Has anyone seen these in E14 ?

Advertisement