Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Yeelight AC220V RGBW E27 Smart LED Bulb - €11.78 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭dodzy

Dymo wrote: »
    Has anyone got these to work, the app downloads and sometimes finds the bulb but never connects properly, no options at all the use the features.

The QR can't be picked up on the phone. I've tried the miHome and Yeelight apps
    I'll let you know......at Christmas when mine arrive;)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Dymo wrote: »
    Has anyone got these to work, the app downloads and sometimes finds the bulb but never connects properly, no options at all the use the features.

The QR can't be picked up on the phone. I've tried the miHome and Yeelight apps

I have a load of them at home. I use homeassistant to control them (I use sensors as well and the gateway)
    What server did you connect to when using the app to set the bulbs up? Needs to be mainland china afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

zefer wrote: »
    I have a load of them at home. I use homeassistant to control them (I use sensors as well and the gateway)
    What server did you connect to when using the app to set the bulbs up? Needs to be mainland china afaik

I've tried all the servers at this stage, I'm not really a fan of having an app 90% in chinese even when I pick the English version.

But from my experience of Xiaomi apps there a pain to set up, but generally work then.

Mainland China for me. Worked fine. Received them yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

dodzy wrote: »

That was quick - Did you choose expedited shipping ? Mine was shipped a week ago so probably wont see for another 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I ordered one on 18th August & it arrived within a week.

Ordered 2 more 20th August & I'm still waiting for 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Any recommendations for where to get the bayonet adaptor if not near an Ikea?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Any recommendations for where to get the bayonet adaptor if not near an Ikea?

Here ya go
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162642599324

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

I ordered on BangGood have been advised it'll ship early - mid October.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

When did you order it dodzy and what type of shipping did you use?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Stevek101 wrote: »

Yep same here.

I actually ordered 2. One from gearbest and the other from banggood. No sign of the gearbest one yet. I think I paid extra for expedited shipping. But we'll see.

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Opted for the Priority line Ireland Express (7-15days) for the princely sum of €0.38 all in. Had them to my door within 10 days I think.

Girls are having good fun with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Bought two for €28 including priority, should be good fun in my two new lamps.

Is there anything Xiaomi don't make? Love there products.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Had received the email from Banggood to say that mine would ship early to mid October like others on here but then this morning I have an email to say that mine have shipped.
    I ordered mine on the 7th September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

Tweaky wrote: »
    Had received the email from Banggood to say that mine would ship early to mid October like others on here but then this morning I have an email to say that mine have shipped.
    I ordered mine on the 7th September.
    Same as myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Received this yesterday and gave it a whirl last night....

Overall very good in fairness and brighter than expected.

I first used the MiHome app to connect, but had a couple of problems with connecting and setting a schedule/timer.

I resolved the connection issue by resetting the bulb (turn on/off 5 times til it flashes colours) and not having english instructions did not help, but YouTube did.
    I couldnt resolve the problem in setting a schedule/timer for it to come on/off automatically, but again the Internet came to my asissitance..... I downloaded the Yeelight app and moved away from the MiHome app.
    I was then able to set a timer without losing any functionality, as both apps identical.

So in summary:
    1. If you're having trouble connecting reset the bulb (turn on/off 5 times) I think I also read you will need to use your 2.5Ghz Wifi channel vs 5Ghz (not confirmed but think i read somwhere)
    2. Use the Yeelight app vs MiHome app if you want to set timers/schedule - it might have been something i was doing wrong, but i found it a lot easier using the Yeelight app without sacrificing any functionality.
    3. I found the Singapore server less problematic than the Chinese server(s)

I was in the market for a Wifi controllable socket timer, but this bulb kills two-birds-with-the-one-stone, as i can set timers for it to come on/off

So all good and well worth the money.

Now onto my fourth Xiamoi device this week......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

Received this yesterday and gave it a whirl last night....

Now onto my fourth Xiamoi device this week......:eek:

Quick question, when setting it to turn on automatically can it be set to start dim and increase in brightness gradually?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Great reviews, great price, and I'm a big fan of this manufacturer. The kids will have a bit of craic with them at least.

16 Million Colors 1700 - 6500K WiFi Enabled Work with Amazon Alexa MIJIA IFTTT Support Open API Support Google Home

https://www.gearbest.com/smart-lighting/pp_361555.html?wid=21

doesn't work with HUE I suppose?

magnavox wrote: »
    Quick question, when setting it to turn on automatically can it be set to start dim and increase in brightness gradually?

Good question.

I know you can save a colour/brightness to 'favourites' and use a specific 'favourite' when setting a timer, but to be honest i didn't see anything in the setting to suggest you can increase brightness over a specified time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

magnavox wrote: »

I have not received my lights yet so I cant confirm that this will work. But here on the IFTTT site there is an action to have the yeelight gradually brighten to simulate sunrise. Its a function I need for the winter months...so Im hoping it works. In general though IFTTT recipes work nicely.

• Advertisement

I have not received my lights yer so I cant confirm that this will work. But here on the IFTTT site there is an action to have the yeelight gradually brighten to simulate sunrise. Its a function I need for the winter months...so Im hoping it works. In general though IFTTT recipes work nicely.

WOW ..tell me more about IFTTT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

WOW ..tell me more about IFTTT

Its a service that links ...other services. For example I have a recipe running that automatically backs up all my text messages to an excel sheet on google drive or another recipe that turns off my wifi on my phone when I leave home.

My first of four bulbs arrived today. Handy enough to set up with Alexa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Have mine set up no problem with Mihome but when I try using the Yeelight app it only gives me an option to set up a virtual bulb. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

markc1184 wrote: »
    Have mine set up no problem with Mihome but when I try using the Yeelight app it only gives me an option to set up a virtual bulb. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Have you logged into your account? Set the server to Singapore? You could also try resetting it by turning it on and off five times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I received mine as well but waiting on adapter to arrive before I can try it out. Might keep an eye on the price as they could make nice small Xmas gifts if handy enough to use.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Mine arrived yesterday. Looks like it spent some time in Portlaoise. The setup was nice and easy, and it's a cool yoke. Definitely one for a lamp rather than a main room light, not bright enough in white mode. But cool all the same. thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Would it be bright enough for a small bedroom?

Would it be bright enough for a small bedroom?

imo Yes!

• Advertisement

Well it's a 600 lumen light, which is equal to a 40watt standard bulb. I'd say 60 watts is what most would have in their rooms in the house.

Advertisement