Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread

• 14-08-2017 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭

photo.jpg

Can Juventus' reign be toppled?

All Serie A discussion can go here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I think Juve might be toppled this year. Whatever happens I reckon it will go right till the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,708 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

will be interesting to see how the 2 Milan teams go this year, should make better challenge for the Top 4. Roma seem to have lost too many players without replacing them but maybe Monchi will pull a few signings out of the bag before the end of the window. Think Napoli will push hardest but Juve will win it.
    My Top 4
    1. Juve
    2. Napoli
    3. AC Milan
    4. Roma

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If they can keep their heads I think Napoli can win the league this season. Juve selling Bonucci is a mistake and they haven't improved the team enough this summer. Roma have sold a lot and haven't replaced them with quality, Spalletti will be a loss too. Milan have bought so much I don't expect a title challenge with so many new players in the starting XI.

Optimistic top 4

1. Napoli
    2. Juve
    3. Milan
    4. Inter

For some reason I feel Roma might win it but then I realise their team has got weaker. Napoli seemed to make a few smart buys, I think Maksimovic will be top defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

I'm gonna go for a AC Milan team managed by Conte to push Juve until the end of the season with them finishing 2nd.
    Possible Europa League winners too.

• Advertisement

Can't wait for tomorrow. See the league properly contested this year.

Napoli
    Juventus
    Lazio
    Milan
    Roma

Not much between the choices.

I wish I could see Granata near top, but I think only top 10,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Juve 1-0 up against Cagliari in Turin.

Mandzukic with the goal.

Referee uses the VR for the first time in Serie A and awards Cagliari a penalty.

Poor penalty and Buffon saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Going to watch the serie a this year. It looks like it's going to be great. I'm tipping napoli.

Napoli winning two nil at half time, that pass by insigne for the second was beautiful.

• Advertisement

Napoli winning two nil at half time, that pass by insigne for the second was beautiful.

Pjanic's assist for Dybala earlier was lovely too.
    I liked how Milik's finish was so smooth the assist, goal was like 1 motion.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Pjanic's assist for Dybala earlier was lovely too.
    I liked how Milik's finish was so smooth the assist, goal was like 1 motion.

I'll have to watch that tomorrow as for the napoli game i watched until he 60th minute mark as my stream packed in after that:-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Great debut for Kolarov

Wahey 1-0 Milan at 10 man Crotone. Kessie!
    I'll try watching this ignoring that Fabio Borini exists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Cutrone makes it 2. Surprised he started

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Cutrone makes it 2. Surprised he started

They are hyping him as the next big thing from the youth team, which in fairness is actually pretty good. If they had used it previously Auyembang and Darmian would be still playing there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Both Milan and Inter playing well, though hard to truly judge Milan when they play against 10 after five minutes.

Napoli and Roma will be strong too, with Juve being the team to beat.

Should be a good competitive season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Are BT showing a goals round up show of Serie A. I can't see one listed. They've got highlight shows for the Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Eredivisie and Scottish, but nothing for Serie A?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Highlights of the matches are on Youtube on the Serie A Tim page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

That new Juventus crest is terrible. Looks really out of place with the rest of the Serie A crests.

• Advertisement

Wow, Genoa 2 - 0 in 6 minutes to Juventus. Thanks to OG and VAR

Dybala doing the business for Juve ahead of the still overweight Higuain.
    Love the irony of VAR giving 2 penalties against them already :p
    Interesting game tonight. It's 1 summer window but Monchi has been underwhelming so far. I could have recommended Defrel & Schick to them.
    Although who knows where the latter will go. Was joining Juve, then Inter & now Roma. Apparently Juve are back in for him after sending him back to Samp :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,627 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's like deja vu

This is why I love this sport

Serie A is just a brilliant watch

Roma have to be sickened. Dominated the first hour but never put the ball in the net to show that.
    Haven't replaced Salah & despite improving the squad (apparently) they still have centre back at right back
    Icardi was lethal & bar the bad miss he took his chances ruthlessly in the second half. Inter have a lot more direction under Spalletti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

monkey9 wrote: »
    Are BT showing a goals round up show of Serie A. I can't see one listed. They've got highlight shows for the Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Eredivisie and Scottish, but nothing for Serie A?

Yeah, they have a Serie A review (hosted by the stunning Laura Barriales). It's usually shown Tuesdays or Wednesdays.

Wonder if anyone will go in big for him before deadline!

Great game in Naples

Headshot wrote:
    Great game in Naples

Good to see Atalanta aren't falling off.
    Meanwhile Milan look a lot less convincing. Back 4 seems unorganised & has little protection.

• Advertisement

Good to see Atalanta aren't falling off.
    Meanwhile Milan look a lot less convincing. Back 4 seems unorganised & has little protection.

To be expected with 4 new players across the line this season. Will naturally take a while to blend.

Lovely free kicked from Suso:D:D. Lucky Calhanoglu went off a few mins earlier as he'd have taken it

That goal by Belotti was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭looie

Roma have to be sickened. Dominated the first hour but never put the ball in the net to show that.
    Haven't replaced Salah & despite improving the squad (apparently) they still have centre back at right back
    Icardi was lethal & bar the bad miss he took his chances ruthlessly in the second half. Inter have a lot more direction under Spalletti

Inter started off well enough for the first ten mins and Roma eventually got in to it but I wouldn't say they dominated. Marginally on top but always felt that Inter could do some damage at any point. Could have been much worse for Roma if Candreva had any sort of decent final ball in him.

looie wrote:
    Inter started off well enough for the first ten mins and Roma eventually got in to it but I wouldn't say they dominated. Marginally on top but always felt that Inter could do some damage at any point. Could have been much worse for Roma if Candreva had any sort of decent final ball in him.

They hit the post/crossbar 3 times before icardi scored they were well on top imo. Inter always looked dangerous which isn't tough when you see the Roma back 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Napoli scored some very nice goals.

I expected Andre Silva to get more minutes for Milan but I suppose you can't leave out Cutrone with his great form.

Napoli scored some very nice goals.

I expected Andre Silva to get more minutes for Milan but I suppose you can't leave out Cutrone with his great form.

Really enjoying Cutrone
    Good to see even after the spending spree they are willing to give youth a chance
    This Milan is a side you could really get behind

Silva isn't fully fit which is why he hasn't started the season in the first team. Hopefully it's Borini who makes way for him as he really should not be starting for a team with top 3 aspirations.

Reckon we'll win the Europa league this year though.

Pity about the Lazio v AC Milan being called off.

I was really looking forward to that

edit

there's been a change of mind, its back on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Headshot wrote: »
    Pity about the Lazio v AC Milan being called off.

I was really looking forward to that

edit

there's been a change of mind, its back on

Now it's being claimed they will play an hour later instead.

Italian football :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

So much for Milan's renaissance; absolutely destroyed. What they have Borini starting for I have no idea.

Georgie Weah was an absolute beast back then.

wow Napoli are some team

Unreal to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭looie

Thought they were poor enough tonight even though the result would suggest otherwise. Bologna were wrecked after 60 mins so that made it a little bit easier for Napoli to rip them apart. As did Pulgar having a shocker for the second goal, just after his petulant behaviour in demanding to take the free kick which he then tried to belt out of the stadium.

Headshot wrote: »
    wow Napoli are some team

Unreal to watch

I can see why West Ham want to get hold of Sarri.

He'd be insane to join that circus though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Milan spent a load of money on a whole bunch of nothing

callaway92 wrote: »
    Milan spent a load of money on a whole bunch of nothing

Your basing this of one bad game
    Which player in particular is a whole lot of nothing?

I think Andre Silva will be a gem in the future.

justshane wrote: »
    I think Andre Silva will be a gem in the future.

Himself and Cutrone by the end of the season could very well a strikeforce to be feared

• Advertisement
Advertisement