Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Box 4K - Android TV 6.0. 2GB/8GB (€39)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

reni10 wrote: »
    I have a firetv box as well and prefer the interface and apps on that to the Mibox.

There is not much in it just not for me...

if your based in dublin drop me a pm im still interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I have a firetv box as well and prefer the interface and apps on that to the Mibox.

I have a fire tv box second generation if u want a straight swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭Invincible

Invincible wrote: »
    From the original post, £39 from eBay.
    As highlighted earlier by oats, seller changed their name on eBay and made feedback private, along with false tracking number.
    Opened dispute with PayPal, got refund.

I tried to go Paypal route but have to go through EBAy first.
    Now it's table tennis.
    How did you open a dispute with Paypal?
    I rang them one night after work, was talking to an agent in the Philippines, I gave her details of the name change on eBay and the feedback changed to private, also told her that when the seller was contacted on eBay, they stated that it was the Chinese version, having been advertised as international. When I rang them back about dash cams since, I raised the issue of the Mi box again, the agent agreed to refund the £39, as he could see the tracking was going nowhere.

I bought one of these on Geekbuying at the end of November, 8GB version for €56. It's both my first purchase of an android box and my first purchase from China. I'm still waiting on delivery and think I will be for a while.

When I purchased the box, they told me that it would take 2-7 business days to process before shipping, and they would email me when the product was shipped. As of now, I'm up to 8+ business days after purchase and still awaiting that email.

I wonder how long I should wait before getting in touch. At this stage, it will have gone into weekend hours in Hong Kong, so maybe if I don't hear from them by Monday evening, I will get in contact with them.

I bought one of these on Geekbuying at the end of November, 8GB version for €56. It's both my first purchase of an android box and my first purchase from China. I'm still waiting on delivery and think I will be for a while.

When I purchased the box, they told me that it would take 2-7 business days to process before shipping, and they would email me when the product was shipped. As of now, I'm up to 8+ business days after purchase and still awaiting that email.

I wonder how long I should wait before getting in touch. At this stage, it will have gone into weekend hours in Hong Kong, so maybe if I don't hear from them by Monday evening, I will get in contact with them.

with the an post delivery times on post from China it could be February before you get it even if it was shipped today. (not joking unfortunately). they just leave stuff from China as lowest priority to deliver when it arrives in Ireland.

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    with the an post delivery times on post from China it could be February before you get it even if it was shipped today. (not joking unfortunately). they just leave stuff from China as lowest priority to deliver when it arrives in Ireland.

I read a bit about that earlier today, poor form from An Post if this is an active practice.

However, I opted for a slightly more expensive shipping option, DHL Economy. Will this make any difference, do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I read a bit about that earlier today, poor form from An Post if this is an active practice.

However, I opted for a slightly more expensive shipping option, DHL Economy. Will this make any difference, do you know?

Yes, it does. It is delivered much faster, but with 99% chance you'll have to pay VAT as well.

grogi wrote: »
    Yes, it does. It is delivered much faster, but with 99% chance you'll have to pay VAT as well.

That's not so bad in this case, much better than waiting months for An Post to get around to clearing it. Thanks.

Yes you will definitely get it a lot lot quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Rumour circulating that these will be on sale at some point in January for less than $45 (which is apparently the lowest it has officially been on sale for). I only half read on a forum, but i had to wipe my PC today and reinstall everything. I have lost the page and forum, and may take a day or so to search across those forums. I was waiting for USB Boot disk to finalise when i saw it, and thought i would remember.
    The only thing i do remember is that they mentioned the 3 kings holiday in Spain (which i think is our little Christmas) i think it is called epiphany so i guess it will be after that (when sales slow down).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

never got that reply in the end, presume you have it sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

Hi I ordered one of these on eBay from ionochard and i got a email today saying it has been dispatched, when could I be hoping to receive it? It says 17th January surely that can't be right seeing it's being posted from Manchester?

Edit: it's being delivered to my parcel motel in north

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

glasso wrote: »

Initially the OP's seller said it would be 1 month delivery.
    That didn't happen so that's the basis I got a refund yesterday .

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

Hi guys,

So just got a message saying my mibox is in my parcel motel locker, will be collecting it tomorrow.

Just want anyone with any ideas what to load on to it, it's for my parents as a Xmas gift.. they would like to have tv shows/movies. What's the best app for this? And what else could I put on it for them?

Also if someone could pm me a good iptv provider for the mibox and easy to seclect through the channels for them be appreciated

Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

None of that can be discussed on here I'm afraid. Head to one of the other forums of the internet for that advice.

You'll find plenty with a quick Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

People still happy with their purchase? I am thinking about getting one but am concerned about lack of full control, having to side load certain apps etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

branners69 wrote: »
    People still happy with their purchase? I am thinking about getting one but am concerned about lack of full control, having to side load certain apps etc!

I actually very am. My needs for local (even with 10bit 1080p HEVC!) streaming and Netflix/YouTube streaming are fulfilled brilliantly. Native casting and screen mirroring works well too. Optical audio output is a welcome addition as well. Remote works over RF, so no issues with coverage etc.

The only thing that does not work as I though it would is casting of Netflix (from your laptop pick a show, press a button and it appears on the screen). But this is not a big deal as the native app is excellent. I also had to carefully select HDMI cable to convince Netflix DRM I am not stealing their streams.

Lack of issues makes me bored actually :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

grogi wrote: »
    Lack of issues makes me bored actually :D

That is my fear! How can I break it, if I cant tinker with it?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

I've noticed both Netflix and Youtube videos going out of sync with the sound. It's really annoying. I'd appreciate any suggestions to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭battser

I have the mibox and the H96 pro + If I were you I would get the new H96 which has the new CPU and it getting good review. IMO the H96 Pro + is a much better experience for my needs. Side loading apps, Internet browsing, Youtube for me are all so much better than the Mibox. Once you have a good qwerty keyboard remote you can't go wrong.

• Advertisement
Advertisement