Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Box 4K - Android TV 6.0. 2GB/8GB (€39)

Options

Comments

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    The main reason that the Mi Box International is popular is because it's a legit Android TV device with Netflix certification. That means Netflix are satisfied with the security of the box (DRM keys etc) and therefore allow it to play HD and 4K streams.

Pretty much all the other generic Chinese boxes are stuck with 480p.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Ok thanks lads. Will give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've spent the last 4 days messaging this guy on eBay asking him which box he has sent me but he refuses to answer the question saying they sent me the box in the listing or that I can find all the info about my order in the listing. I'm done fcuking about with him now. If it comes and it's the wrong box I'm claiming it never arrived. I'm not paying return postage to send it back to this chancer.

Edit: Forgot to say: After you reject delivery do not tell eBay you did that. Just claim it never arrived to be certain you get your money back. If you say you rejected it who knows the procedure. You might have to wait for him to receive it in China in January/February.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Oat23 wrote: »
    I've spent the last 4 days messaging this guy on eBay asking him which box he has sent me but he refuses to answer the question saying they sent me the box in the listing or that I can find all the info about my order in the listing. I'm done fcuking about with him now. If it comes and it's the wrong box I'm claiming it never arrived. I'm not paying return postage to send it back to this chancer.

Edit: Forgot to say: After you reject delivery do not tell eBay you did that. Just claim it never arrived to be certain you get your money back. If you say you rejected it who knows the procedure. You might have to wait for him to receive it in China in January/February.

I've been refunded by him already

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭Invincible

I've been refunded by him already

Before he dispatched box or did he cancel your order? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Invincible wrote: »
    Before he dispatched box or did he cancel your order? Thanks

been dispatched, it's marked as china post so not from Manchester by the looks of it

been dispatched, it's marked as china post so not from Manchester by the looks of it

The one from Manchester was a different listing posted for people looking for an alternative. This one.

The one I posted in the OP that we all may have been conned by was always coming from China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

Can someone recommend me a similar device

Budget 80e max

Needs to have great wifi connection and play 4k and Kodi with no issues

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

bk wrote: »
    Not the same thing at all.

The Xiaomi box (and Nvidia Shield TV) use a special, official built of Android, called Android TV, which is designed specifically for TV and has TV apps.

This box is just a generic box that is running generic Android which is designed for mobile phones and is not optimised for TV.

Sounds perfect

Can you install showbox on the Xiaomi

Any link to a good one.

80e budget

Would prefer hidden dongle instead of set box if possible

TV is wall hanging, hate cables :)

thierry14 wrote: »

Budget 80e max

Thanks

The new fire tv box might suit you. Hangs from the HDMI port hidden. No real hardware upgrades of note from the original fire tv apart from the new 'dongle' design.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/All-New-Ultra-Remote-Streaming-Player/dp/B06XTWLSRF/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508333791&sr=8-1&keywords=fire+tv+box

Whether you need the power supply to power it or not depends on the TV you have and the power offered from the USB port.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Sappy404

thierry14 wrote: »

Budget 80e max

Thanks

You could probably get the Android TV/English version of this box for <€80, pending customs.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    You could probably get the Android TV/English version of this box for <€80, pending customs.

€72 total from Manchester if you use parcel motel/parcel wizard. £15 shipping to Ireland is madness.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xiaomi-Mi-Box-4K-Google-Android-6-0-TV-BOX-HDR-International-Ver-Voice-Remote-/122355472779?hash=item1c7cf4598b:g:~Z8AAOSwXf9Zpiwm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Sappy404 wrote: »

€72 total from Manchester if you use parcel motel/parcel wizard. £15 shipping to Ireland is madness.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xiaomi-Mi-Box-4K-Google-Android-6-0-TV-BOX-HDR-International-Ver-Voice-Remote-/122355472779?hash=item1c7cf4598b:g:~Z8AAOSwXf9Zpiwm
    Robbers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Sappy404

https://www.geekbuying.com/search?keyword=mibox%20international

<€57 from China, though you're waiting a few weeks and risk customs. For the record I bought it off geekbuying late last year and managed to avoid fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭bren2001

Robbers

how?

bren2001 wrote: »
    how?

I guess he is talking about the mad £15 shipping to Ireland when it's only coming from the UK and it's a small item.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I guess he is talking about the mad £15 shipping to Ireland when it's only coming from the UK and it's a small item.

Why does the listing say say delivery from Ireland?
    Want to order one but hope it's not a dodgy one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Cotts72

currently have a zgemma downstairs but considering getting an android box in the bedroom, anything decent in the €30-40 price range?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Robbers

The 15 sterling price for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

iggy wrote: »
    Why does the listing say say delivery from Ireland?
    Want to order one but hope it's not a dodgy one

Here’s the sellers details:

Business name: Online buy and sell Pte ltd

Address: chun wai wan
    151 chin swee road, #07-12 manhattan house
    Singapore
    Singapore
    Singapore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭bren2001

The 15 sterling price for delivery

Ye can get delivery through parcel motel for 3.95 so you can save your money from those "robbers".

dodzy wrote: »
    Here’s the sellers details:

Business name: Online buy and sell Pte ltd

Address: chun wai wan
    151 chin swee road, #07-12 manhattan house
    Singapore
    Singapore
    Singapore

Went over this a few weeks ago earlier in the thread. Seller is from Asia but all his stock is in a fulfillment center in Manchester. I've bought 2 mi TV boxes and a phone from him and they all came from Manchester.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Xiaomi-Mi-Box-3-Streamer-4K-Android-6-0-TV-BOX-8GB-Quad-Core-HD/112626431481?hash=item1a390ef5f9:g:O~oAAOSwR2RZ-tYk

Whats the verdict on this lads??

Its far too good to be true, but I'm going for it , It says theres english supported,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭wiz569

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Xiaomi-Mi-Box-3-Streamer-4K-Android-6-0-TV-BOX-8GB-Quad-Core-HD/112626431481?hash=item1a390ef5f9:g:O~oAAOSwR2RZ-tYk

Whats the verdict on this lads??

Its far too good to be true, but I'm going for it , It says theres english supported,

Just took a chance myself m8, don't think it will come but its worth a punt at that price lol

wiz569 wrote: »
    Just took a chance myself m8, don't think it will come but its worth a punt at that price lol

Even if its chineese version, I'll root it at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Looks like this auction is gone now and I received e-mail from paypal:

Hello somebody_else, You were recently involved in a transaction for the following item: 112626431481 - New Xiaomi Mi Box 3 Streamer 4K Android 6.0 TV BOX 8GB Quad Core HD We're writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have accessed the sellers account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled.
    etc, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Even if its chineese version, I'll root it at that price.

Is rooting them possible?

Looks like this auction is gone now and I received e-mail from paypal:

Hello somebody_else, You were recently involved in a transaction for the following item: 112626431481 - New Xiaomi Mi Box 3 Streamer 4K Android 6.0 TV BOX 8GB Quad Core HD We're writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have accessed the sellers account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled.
    etc, etc.

Yeah just got the same email, ah well was worth taking the chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Yeah just got the same email, ah well was worth taking the chance :)

So you got a refund?

• Advertisement

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    So you got a refund?

Opened paypal dispute citing the fact ebay cancelled the transaction,escalated it immediately to a claim, just need to wait for them to check it out :)

Advertisement