Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

16th March '21 Champion Hurdle day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭picachu

Honeysuckle all the way. Speed and stays all day. Stayed well up the hill under pressure last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

jj mac wrote: »
    They watered the ground yesterday. Not taking any chances on quick ground I'd say

They did? Where would one get this information?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

If I was a betting man I'd say the ground might be going against Appreciate It in the Supreme Novices.
    Not a 6/4 lump on job.

I don't get where this idea has come from at all. Not just you mind, plenty of well known tipsters and bloggers have been saying it. His pedigree suggests he wants decent ground, his trainer has mentioned a few times he'd like decent ground and his most impressive run last season came on the best ground he encountered. The only thing to the contrary is his stamina might be better served on soft, but even that can be counteracted by the assurance they'll go a stronger gallop on g/s than soft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Anniepowaaa

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I don't get where this idea has come from at all. Not just you mind, plenty of well known tipsters and bloggers have been saying it. His pedigree suggests he wants decent ground, his trainer has mentioned a few times he'd like decent ground and his most impressive run last season came on the best ground he encountered. The only thing to the contrary is his stamina might be better served on soft, but even that can be counteracted by the assurance they'll go a stronger gallop on g/s than soft
    not as bad as the clowns crabbing him for getting beat by ferny hollow who is a monster and has beating the biggest certainty of the week in bob olinger for the ballymore

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

Davey Russell tipping up Aspire Tower. Is there something were missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Bob Olinger is still in the Supreme at the 6 day stage.
    Could HDB switch him ? Has he confirmed anything yet ?
    I know he now has Ballyadam now so it's unlikely, but the only horse to beat him was Ferny Hollow and that was by 1L in his first start of the season.
    The Supreme looks on paper a far easier task than the Ballymore.
    I do hope he goes Ballymore though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭famagusta

I agree 100%, he could be better on better ground, it seems to be fashionable just to be against him!!
    it looks a bad renewal of the supreme, he has beaten everything in front of him, the case can be made that he should be odds on by now?!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Coneygree

gazza1 wrote: »
    I know he now has Ballyadam now so it's unlikely, but the only horse to beat him was Ferny Hollow and that was by 1L in his first start of the season.

Ballymore 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

If I was a betting man

Off topic

• Advertisement

He'd be a slightly bigger price in the Supreme than the Ballymore. the top 3 are strongish in the ballymore but there's little depth thereafter. Plus as you mentioned, the new stablemate in the supreme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

He'd be a slightly bigger price in the Supreme than the Ballymore. the top 3 are strongish in the ballymore but there's little depth thereafter. Plus as you mentioned, the new stablemate in the supreme

Ballymore does look a 3 horse race but the Supreme has to be the worst I can remember. Only 1 horse rated 150+ in the race.
    Last year there was 6.
    Anyway, hopefully he goes Ballymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,584 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This thread has given me a raging erection

Get Down :P

Ballymore does look a 3 horse race but the Supreme has to be the worst I can remember. Only 1 horse rated 150+ in the race.
    Last year there was 6.
    Anyway, hopefully he goes Ballymore

It doesn't look a great Supreme alright but it has an above average favorite going in and a touch more depth than the Ballymore. The options for Bob are against a 153, 148, 145 and a couple others lively ones over an inadequate trip rather than against two 150 horses in the longer race. And he'd be a bigger price. I think he's only being kept in on the tiny chance something happens to Appreciate it in the meantime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Energumene taking a walk on the exchanges wont be travelling

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Confirmed a Non Runner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

if the rain stays away ballyadam wins the supreme for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Has anyone any opinion on the Boodles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Whiplash85 wrote: »

i do

its a ****ing headache

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

akelly02 wrote: »
    i do

its a ****ing headache

Tell me about it. What about Sage Advice? very astute trainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Tell me about it. What about Sage Advice? very astute trainer.

wouldnt put you off him.

cabot cliffs of skeltons holds him on form tho .

i like skeltons actually, at 10s you can have a few quid each way

sage advise is 20s so you could back them both haha!!

• Advertisement

Weld wins it. Price gone now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 The Hoarse Whisperer

For the Boodles Homme Public could be worth a look at 16s. Was a lot bigger not so long ago though. Closely matched with Houx Gris on French form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Nichols has been talking up Houx Gris on various previews hence price drop but you could make a case for 3/4 of the field. Its a lottery so looking for ew value. I like Druids Altar at 16s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Saint Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Lieutenant Rocco out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Weld wins it. Price gone now though.

Can never understand this train of thought!

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Can never understand this train of thought!

Just being bullish.
    He was 16s last week. I think he has a good chance but wouldn't back at 7s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Song for someone out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

1.20 - Appreciate It (in two AP Multiples at 11/4), 11/8 is still worth a punt imo
    1.55 - Shiskin (in two of the AP Multiplies above - wouldn't be backing at 1/2 but surely a penalty kick)
    2.30 - Milan Native standing out at 14/1
    3.05 - Backed against Honeysuckle at DRF.... won't be backing against her here
    3.40 - Concertista (in two AP Multiples at 11/4), evens is still a great price imo
    4.15 - Saint Sam 5/1 (if he goes)
    4.50 - Galvin 5/2

1.20 - Appreciate It (in two AP Multiples at 11/4), 11/8 is still worth a punt imo
    1.55 - Shiskin (in two of the AP Multiplies above - wouldn't be backing at 1/2 but surely a penalty kick)
    2.30 - Milan Native standing out at 14/1
    3.05 - Backed against Honeysuckle at DRF.... won't be backing against her here
    3.40 - Concertista (in two AP Multiples at 11/4), evens is still a great price imo
    4.15 - Saint Sam 5/1 (if he goes)
    4.50 - Galvin 5/2

We're awfully similar....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Slattsy wrote: »
    We're awfully similar....

Worrying...

Lets see your plans for Day One!

Same here aside from Appreciate It (who I think wins but I nailed my colors to Ballyadam early) and I went for One For The Team rather than Milan Native once Escaria Ten was off the cards.

Think its the first year ever I'm starting the week off happy with my hand.

16s for Ballyadam, 16s for Honey, 8s and 6s for Concertista, 6s for Galvin and Shishkin at 5/1 to win by 2L+.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but it'll hurt if none of them come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Royal Pagaille going for gold cup acccording to the racing post

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Coneygree wrote: »
    Same here aside from Appreciate It (who I think wins but I nailed my colors to Ballyadam early) and I went for One For The Team rather than Milan Native once Escaria Ten was off the cards.

Think its the first year ever I'm starting the week off happy with my hand.

16s for Ballyadam, 16s for Honey, 8s and 6s for Concertista, 6s for Galvin and Shishkin at 5/1 to win by 2L+.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but it'll hurt if none of them come in.

Oooooooohh portfolio

The Mig wrote: »
    Oooooooohh portfolio

Oooooh spreadsheet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Not much out there for the punter on Tuesday aside from those who have got some great antepost prices.

Tuesdays Declarations
    1:20 pm Sky Bet Supreme Novices' Hurdle (Class 1)(Grade 1) 2m 87y

Appreciate It
    Ballyadam
    Blue Lord
    For Pleasure
    Grumpy Charley
    Irascible
    Metier
    Soaring Glory

Disappointing that the field is so small.

1:55 pm Sporting Life Arkle Challenge Trophy Novices' Chase (Class 1)(Grade 1) 1m 7f 199y

Allmankind
    Captain Guinness
    Eldorado Allen
    Franco de Port
    Numitor
    Shishkin

3:40 pm Close Brothers Mares' Hurdle (Class 1) (Registered as The David Nicholson Mares' Hurdle)(Grade 1) 2m 3f 200y

Black Tears
    Concertista
    Dame de Compagnie
    Dolcita
    Floressa
    Great White Shark
    Indefatigable
    Minella Melody
    My Sister Sarah
    Roksana
    Whitehotchillifili

• Advertisement

2:30 pm Ultima Handicap Chase (Class 1)(Grade 3) 3m 1f

Cepage
    Aye Right
    Pym
    Ok Corral
    Milan Native
    Happygolucky
    Alnadam
    Delire d'Estruval
    Vintage Clouds
    Discordantly
    Admiral's Secret
    One For The Team
    The Wolf
    Nietzsche
    Soupy Soups
    Fingerontheswitch

4:50 pm Sam Vestey National Hunt Challenge Cup Novices' Chase (Class 1)(Grade 2) 3m 5f 201y

Eden du Houx
    Escaria Ten
    Galvin
    Lithic
    Lord Royal
    Machiloney
    Nestor Park
    Next Destination
    Ofalltheginjoints
    Remastered
    Soldier of Love
    The Mighty Don
    Snow Leopardess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Only positive is that we wont see a five day festival any time soon, Tuesdays card is the worst in living memory.

lemush wrote: »
    Only positive is that we wont see a five day festival any time soon, Tuesdays card is the worst in living memory.

Disappointing.

Back to 3 please.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 shanboghted

Think Kevin blake's view of 5 races per day over 4 days is worth considering with 40mins between each race. Low fields are very present over the last few seasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Think Kevin blake's view of 5 races per day over 4 days is worth considering with 40mins between each race. Low fields are very present over the last few seasons

That’s a terrible idea I think. We need more races and shorter gaps between them, not the opposite way around. It’s boring during at meetings when between races. Look the Festivals are a bit different and there’s more going on but 5 races per day would be an awful spectacle.

They should drop the festival back to 3 days with 8 races per day and drop 4 of the poorer races. What you take out is another argument.

Back to 3 please.

Will never happen. The festival is so diluted now that we will end up with the Dublin Racing Festival very quickly overtaking Cheltenham in terms of quality. Nobody to blame but themselves.

Will never happen. The festival is so diluted now that we will end up with the Dublin Racing Festival very quickly overtaking Cheltenham in terms of quality. Nobody to blame but themselves.

Brits won't travel though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Tuesdays card look really good to me. All it's missing to make it great would be another decent horse in the Supreme and Energumene in the Arkle. Can't Wait!!!!

Brits won't travel though.

With good reason, because they can't compete. For top horses facing off against each other Cheltenham is no longer the place its gonna happen. Replacing the novice handicap with a bloody mares novice sums up what they have done in terms of dilution.

• Advertisement
Advertisement