Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghostbusters Afterlife (Jason Reitman)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

That kid from stranger things is in everything and I've no idea why :(:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

what tone of movie are they going for? what was good about the original was that there was real tension in the movie which the 2016 movie missed completely.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Sarri_ball

Hopefully darkly comedic. Big fan of Joe Dante so hopefully something similar in tone to what he did with Gremlins and The 'Burbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭p to the e

Carrie Coon is just a great actress. Hopefully she has a decent script to get stuck into.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Amazing news, can't wait for this:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I saw that clip and there were some commentators saying that it indicated he hadn't signed yet, that he isn't on the set which means either he has a small part or they can change the movie to include him or not as the case may be

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

As long as Bill Murray is involved - its a yes from me...

As long as Bill Murray is involved - its a yes from me...

Yes: Bill Murray hasn't been in a decent movie since
    'Lost In Translation'

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

'Lost In Translation'
    Fans of Wes Anderson disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭fluke

Dades wrote: »
    Fans of Wes Anderson disagree.

and Jim Jarmusch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

According to this character:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

'Lost In Translation'

I don't get the love for Bill Murray anymore. Sure I grew up watching his movies too but the guy is an as*hole.

To telling Lucy lu she can't act. Head butting MCG. Accordingly punching his wife.... The list goes on.
    He's the real reason why Ghostbusters 3 was never made. But people still love him. He held out doing it for years then agreed to be in the terrible remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭wezzopalooza

I don't get the love for Bill Murray anymore. Sure I grew up watching his movies too but the guy is an as*hole.

To telling Lucy lu she can't act. Head butting MCG. Accordingly punching his wife.... The list goes on.
    He's the real reason why Ghostbusters 3 was never made. But people still love him. He held out doing it for years then agreed to be in the terrible remake.

That was the really galling thing- a proper GB sequel has been doing the rounds for at least 20 years, and would have been a done deal except Murray kept holding out. I thought the success of the 2009 video game would have brough a new film, but then when Harold Ramis died that became an impossibility. After all the refusals he ends up doing that dumpster fire from 2016. Would have had more respect for him if he just kept his stance. Although there were rumours that his appearance and promotion of film was more due to a legal obligation, so who knows.

This new film is better than nothing and I will enjoy seeing those characters again, but I'm not expecting any more than a few scenes with the originals, basically some glorified cameos that they can use in the trailers to sell tickets and create a buzz. I reckon Murray and the rest were locked in for this a long time ago as it seems to be a quite secretive production so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I love Bill Murray

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

With the prominence towards kids as main characters, do we know what / who this is geared at? Wondering whether this might be a "kids" film, which is funny given how much of a schlubby, adult film the original was.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,952 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I think there's going to be a LOT of Ghostbusters fans that are going to be really disappointed with thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Not sure how I feel about this to be honest, I'm a huge fan of the original, I think if anyone wants the real GB3 story they should play the game that has been rereleased recently in the new consoles...

This film is supposedly a torch passing one of the old guys to the new gen, hence the kids seem to be in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Dan Aykroyd has confirmed the original cast is all back in, including Bill Murray.

The way Aykroyd describes the script, it sounds like a torch-passing film, with the new family related in some way to Spengler, who won’t be there himself since Harold Ramis died in 2014.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Film has a new title (according to twitter)....

GhostBusters : AfterLife

Trailer supposed to drop this week at some stage!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Trailer coming on Monday apparently; in the meantime, there are a few photos via Vanity Fair:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/12/ghostbusters-afterlife-first-look
    [...] The Leftovers’ Carrie Coon starring as mom Callie, I, Tonya’s Mckenna Grace as her science-obsessed daughter Phoebe, and Stranger Things’ Finn Wolfhard as gearhead son Trevor. They have left everything they know and moved to a small town in Oklahoma after inheriting property from the father she didn’t know.

So I'm going to go ahead and guess that Egon Spengler is the mystery (grand)father.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

pixelburp wrote: »
    Trailer coming on Monday apparently; in the meantime, there are a few photos via Vanity Fair:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/12/ghostbusters-afterlife-first-look

So I'm going to go ahead and guess that Egon Spengler is the mystery (grand)father.

will they have him replaced as an actor, or killed off screen?

mrmorgan wrote: »
    will they have him replaced as an actor, or killed off screen?

Reading the article, and between the lines, it sounds like Egon's daughter will inherit his property in Oklahoma after death; that she and the kids move there, with the kids discovering the old Ghostbusters car and equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

pixelburp wrote: »
    Reading the article, and between the lines, it sounds like Egon's daughter will inherit his property in Oklahoma after death; that she and the kids move there, with the kids discovering the old Ghostbusters car and equipment.

interesting, wonder where they will take it from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Love that poster. I am full of nostalgia.

with no ghostbusters in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

And then we all realised... that the real Ghostbusters III ... were the friends we made along the way....

Not a bit excited by that trailer :(

Advertisement