Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your art/craftwork - show it here!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

kadman wrote: »
    My son the prosthetic special effects make up artist, convinced his
    partner to sit for hours to have his latest creation applied. Poor girl,
    and this is the result of her patience:)

542365.jpg

That's class!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

New Home wrote: »
    ....ehm.... I'm sure she has a great personality.... :D

Indeed she does, she is a lovely, lovely person. And she has the patience of a saint to sit down for hours for this:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Last week she was an octogenarian. I am blown away by some of the stuff he does.

542589.jpg

But she is only in her late 20's:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A painting of Glendalough, completed today, the first of two of the spot.

545267.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Wolff

Super work - the water is very well done

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wolff wrote: »
    Super work - the water is very well done

Thanks
    I mean, I'd love to be able to paint water with the energy as you have done... but everytime I paint water it ends up like my own!
    I can't seem to get the motion into it.
    More practice required!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I've been working on Cyanotype prints the last couple of weeks. It's an interesting process without being too technical. I've been using a mix of some of my own images and others I just thought looked good. I'll get a bit more experimental as time goes on...

51017836611_fa407f24fc_z.jpg

51017931707_8f56a79972_z.jpg

Mod: Most definitely NSFW https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50968630728_ee1b2748e2_z.jpg

They make for nice cards too

50883443963_7ecdb7420d_z.jpg

That one that's not safe for work - is that part of the process? :D

That boat pulling one is great

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Creativity or creation? Or rather, generation? :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Wolff wrote: »
    That one that's not safe for work - is that part of the process? :D

That boat pulling one is great

That's Shackleton's crew from HMS Endurance crossing Drake's Passage.

Came out very well.

• Advertisement

546664.jpg

Wow, another triumph!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

That sky is first class Wolf.

TT

Another painting of Glendalough, same customer as my previous one.
    I'm not a fan of this at all, but the customer is always right!

547529.jpeg

Thanks Newhome, mixed up my backslash/forwardslash!

548980.jpg

Rush harbour at night.
    It's a larger canvas than I am used to, but I think it worked out well.
    It's better in person, I promise!

I'm not sure what is in the water, here in North Co. Dublin, but I seem to be getting quite a bit painted lately, which is great.

549161.jpg

551086.jpg

554838.jpg

• Advertisement

Into Wrecks these days for some strange reason !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,279 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Wolff, they're fantastic! Love the subject

Just wonderful, so good

Been down to West Cork over the summer and not too much time dedicated to painting - though I did manage to re purpose one rather drab picture into something a bit different - hope you like it !

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mary_jein

your works are great!

One more from west cork that has an Autumn feel to it !

That's beautiful

My paintings have taken on a different tone the last few months - and I'm not sure how or why ! Acrylic on raised canvas - Hope you like it - The Low Winter Sun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Can I ask why you changed tack and outlined the cliffs and rocks much more than in your previous work? It's lovely,by the way.

I haven't changed tack at all really some paintings are free of the outlining and some are very light - I do like doing though as its a two step process - in that I paint the picture then come back to outline it - its very enjoyable watching the picture transform - gives me a kick ! - except when it turns out crap out of course 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LaraDo

Rings!

Kynance Cove - Cornwall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Looks good. A more abstract and dramatic feel compared to previous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Lovely work Wolf, your techniques are very distinctive. What brush do you use for outlining . . a rigger?

Pictures of your own bad parking WITH CHAT

Thanks for that - glad you like them - I use an acrylic pen for the outlining - much easier to use than a brush

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Skerries-Rock-Art

My cast Green Lady. I make in concrete and Herculite

Medusa Head statue

Cast in concrete

Skerries, they are fantastic!! What did you paint them with?

• Advertisement

I start with exterior masonry paint,then i add the colour using acrylic and finally coat everything in exterior yacht varnish..its a fair bit of work but gives long-lating results.

One for the Dubs - Ferry View of Dublin - Acrylic on Board

Fantastic, Wolff!! Probably my favourite view of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 josephmcfarland878

I love doing stuff like this! In general, my hobby is home decor and I love to do it all from improvised means. Like this for example. Of course, I do not always have the strength and ideas for all this, but I look at the ideas on the site . Might be useful for someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Still always knitting..

I was given a shop full of yarn a few years ago.. this is a blanket worked with luxurious vintage mohair...

Soft and thick...

and smaller items..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭em_cat

The last full pair I finished, in truth I only love to knit socks, no idea why. Can’t bring myself to do a blanket or finish the pullovers I’ve languishing beside the sofa!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

GORGEOUS!!

Ah lovely..The one thing I do not knit is socks so we make a good team!!! Most of my work is for sale now,,to feed and clothe the needy, and getting limited as my hands are old and worn...The blanket is the exception as I use it abed with me and needed it and the yarn was not needed elsewhere and yes I would sell it. All the other itmes are long gone.

Blessed I am to be able still to work at what I love in my old age and t o give of my skills and so ENJOY it,

Post edited by Graces7 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭em_cat

I grew up knitting my ballet shorts, leg warmers, shrugs and little socks like the yoga ones these days so I am kind of surprised that I still love to knit socks so much that I always have some to work on with me. I only knit for myself and family, I’m not as fast as I once was so now it’s more for pleasure. I often get asked if I sell them but as you know the value wouldn’t be appreciated. Both my husband and I pretty much only wear hand knitted socks, I do also make them in DK weight for boot socks and sometimes I make the felted ones for house socks and slippers.

I do knit up little leg warmers & tiny socks for dogs & cats to go over bandages for one of the Vets. They love them & the clients love them too.

Your lucky that you can knit with mohair, I can’t as it drives my allergies mental so I’m always looking for nice lace weight alpaca that can be difficult to find.

I knit whatever yarn is given... Springwools have been kindness personfied for 20 years now, as they support several charities .. There is no way I could buy yarn

Every now and then I find the postman has dropped a parcel over the gate... Or even a huge box.. Treasure trove,

That vintage yarn is not hairy mohair! It does not shed but is soft and luxurious. Mostly I work with good acrylic... NB I cannot wear wool at all.

There is a chapter in Anne of Green Gables where a disabled bedbound lady says she cannot fight in the war,, " But I can knit!" YAY!

Creating beauty that cheers and feeds..Even abed.

Oh I would love t work just one more full size Aran! I would not charge per hour.. a fair price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement