Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boardsies Decide :: The WORST song of all time!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Nelly - Hot In Here. I hate Burt Bacharach songs so much, but not quite as much as the sh*te that gets pawned off as R&B these days.

Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile. In any other universe that godawful Crowded House song would walk this, but this "song" is an absolute abomination.

3 of a kind - Babycakes. I don't know who nominated The Monkees, but if I ever find out I'm coming for you.

The Tweets - The Birdie Song. No explanation needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Dionne Warwick - Do you know the way to San Jose. Not a bad song really but Nelly’s an old fave of mine.

Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile. Embarrassing immature sh*te adored by the type of people that call you ‘lad’ and think drinking is a personality.

3 of a kind - Babycakes. Absolute f*cking poison. Hope it wins the lot. No wonder we never heard from these wankpuffins again.

The Tweets - The Birdie Son. Because not only do I like to whip, but I also like to nae nae.

Zaph wrote: »
    Nelly - Hot In Here. I hate Burt Bacharach songs so much, but not quite as much as the sh*te that gets pawned off as R&B these days.

18 years ago, hardly these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Nelly - Hot In Here Vs Dionne Warwick - Do you know the way to San Jose. Don't think either song is bad but I'll go with Dionne Warwick

Crowded House - Take the weather with you Vs Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile. Has to be Richie Kavanagh even though it isn't all that bad

The Monkees - Daydream Believer Vs 3 of a kind - Babycakes. I kind of like daydream believer so Babycakes it is

Silent A3 - Watch Me Vs The Tweets - The Birdie Song. The Birdie Song, complete nonsense!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Dionne Warwick. That Nelly song was alright when it originally came out.

I'd have voted the Monkees too because I see them as 70s Beatles wannabes. And I hate The Beatles.

Although now having had my memory rejogged about that Babycakes song I agree it is awful awful stuff.

It's no Swagger Jagger mind :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Nelly - Hot In Here
    Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile
    3 of a kind - Babycakes
    Silent A3 - Watch Me

Daydream Believer is another atrocious inclusion in here - shame on whoever nominated it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Dionne Warwick - Do you know the way to San Jose (cringey earworm)
    Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile
    3 of a kind - Babycakes
    Silent A3 - Watch Me (they're both awful, but the chicken dance is a classic)

:o I kinda like that Monkees tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Nelly - Hot In Here [4] Vs Dionne Warwick - Do you know the way to San Jose [5]
    Crowded House - Take the weather with you [0] Vs Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile [5]
    The Monkees - Daydream Believer [0] Vs 3 of a kind - Babycakes [5]

Silent A3 - Watch Me [4] Vs The Tweets - The Birdie Song [5]

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Omackeral wrote: »
    18 years ago, hardly these days!

Fair point, but he ain't no Chuck Berry or Sam Cooke. What's classed as R&B since the 80s has pretty much no rhythm and it most certainly isn't the blues.

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote:
    Silent A3 - Watch Me [4] Vs The Tweets - The Birdie Song [4]

Birdie Song.

One of my picks, god awful nonsense altogether

Round 1!!!

First song to reach 5 votes advances

No need for a reason at this point, though people are always welcome to give theirs :D

Reminder :: You are voting for the WORST song in each one of these matches

Round 1/Match 5

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over troubled waters

Vs

Soulja Boy - Crank That

Hated everything about this. The chorus, the lyrics, the oversized outfits. EVER.Y.THING But most espicially that horrible xylophone note throughout.

Round 1/Match 6

The Chats - Smoko

Vs

Mark Gormley

Round 1/Match 7

C1 - Virus

Vs

Eamon - **** it (I dont want you back) {NSFW} - [Not Safe For Work - language]

Round 1/Match 8

Sean Kingston - Fire Burning

Vs

Dennis Waterman and George Cole - What are we gonna get er indoors

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over troubled waters Vs Soulja Boy - Crank That
    The Chats - Smoko Vs Mark Gormley
    C1 - Virus Vs Eamon - **** it (I dont want you back)
    Sean Kingston - Fire Burning Vs Dennis Waterman and George Cole - What are we gonna get er indoors

Another classic nominated there, so I have to go with:

Soulja Boy - Crank That

Rikand wrote:
    Soulja Boy - Crank That

Rikand wrote:
    C1 - Virus

Rikand wrote:

Votes above.

Sean Kingston is awful. I mean super mega awful (and my nomination :pac: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Soulja Boy - Crank That ; pure sh**e and Bridge Over Troubled Water is a classic

The Chats - Smoko ; both are fairly decent actually, but Mark Gormley oozes personality and doesn't deserve to be here

Eamon - **** it (I dont want you back) ; Eamon can F*** off, dreadful song. Virus isn't the worst for something thrown together

Dennis Waterman and George Cole - What are we gonna get er indoors ; both crap, but this one especially so. Still think Cliff Richard was worse though and should be here instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Soulja Boy - Crank That
    The Chats - Smoko
    C1 - Virus

Sean Kingston going round calling women Shorty when he himself is a bonafide RUNT should be enough to garner him support in this :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Soulja Boy - Crank That
    Mark Gromley
    C1 - Virus
    Dennis Waterman and George Cole - What are we gonna get er indoors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over troubled waters, the other is muck but this is worse.

C1 - Virus, I like the other song

• Advertisement

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over troubled waters [1] Vs Soulja Boy - Crank That [5]
    The Chats - Smoko [2] Vs Mark Gormley - Without You [1]
    C1 - Virus [4] Vs Eamon - **** it (I dont want you back) [1]
    Sean Kingston - Fire Burning [2] Vs Dennis Waterman and George Cole - What are we gonna get er indoors [2]

Round 1!!!

No need for a reason at this point, though people are always welcome to give theirs :D

Round 1/Match 9

Madonna - American Pie

Vs

Rebecca Black - Friday

Round 1/Match 10

Ping Pong - Samey

Vs

Jenna Rose - My Jeans

Round 1/Match 11

Sam Fischer - This City

Vs

Tiesto & Dzeko Feat Preme and Post Malone - Jackie Chan

Guy wants to get laid so becomes a singer in touch with his emotions. I bet it didn't work. I wouldn't bang him.

Round 1/Match 12

Armi and Danny - I wanna love you tender

Vs

LMFAO - Sexy and I know it

I found LMFAO as having a really cheap aesthetic with the sound and their videoclips too

Madonna - American Pie Vs Rebecca Black - Friday
    Ping Pong - Samey Vs Jenna Rose - My Jeans
    Sam Fischer - This City Vs Tiesto & Dzeko Feat Preme and Post Malone - Jackie Chan
    Armi and Danny - I wanna love you tender Vs LMFAO - Sexy and I know it

Rikand wrote:
    Rebecca Black - Friday

Rikand wrote:
    LMFAO - Sexy and I know it

American Pie is awful.

Friday is ten times worse though. Rebecca Black should be tried by the UN for crimes against humanity with that horrific song.

LMFAO is a stupid name for a band, bloody text speak infecting our general population worse than any virus

Soulja Boy - Crank That. Even though I loved it at the time, it's objectively worse than Simon and Garfunkel.

The Chats - Smoko Vs Mark Gormley. I refuse to engage with this match as one of them really just seems like a parody or a skit.

C1 - Virus Vs Eamon - **** it (I dont want you back). See above.

Dennis Waterman and George Cole - What are we gonna get er indoors. Fire burning wasn't the worst.

Rebecca Black - Friday. The worst but in a good way.

Jenna Rose - My Jeans. The worst but in a bad way.

Sam Fischer - This City. He is cry **** here.

Armi and Danny - I wanna love you tender. LMFAO banged. Don't care!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Rebecca Black - Friday ; dunno if its the absolute worst, but certainly one of the better known of the absolute worsts

Jenna Rose - My Jeans ; both are terrible, but My Jeans is slightly more terrible

Tiesto & Dzeko Feat Preme and Post Malone - Jackie Chan ; I could probably listen to Sam Fischer if I had to, but this other lot are what I hate about modern music, overproduced nonsense mumbly lyrics set to dodgy video game melody

LMFAO - Sexy and I know it ; I Wanna Love You Tender is a good song, and Sexy and I Know It is just annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Soulja Boy - Crank That (Awful, awful stuff)
    Dennis Waterman and George Cole - What are we gonna get er indoors (Fire Burning is top notch so can't let it go through)
    Rebecca Black - Friday (this was a hard choice for me but Friday is just a terrible song)
    Ping Pong - Samey (Sounds like a rip-off of ooh a just a little bit)
    Tiesto & Dzeko Feat Preme and Post Malone - Jackie Chan (Not a fan)
    LMFAO - Sexy and I know it (As has been said, it is an annoying song)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭tusk

what the hell some of these are great songs!

Madonna - American Pie because at least Rebecca Black didn't murder a classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Omackeral wrote: »
    Dionne Warwick - Do you know the way to San Jose. Not a bad song really but Nelly’s an old fave of mine.

Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile. Embarrassing immature sh*te adored by the type of people that call you ‘lad’ and think drinking is a personality.

3 of a kind - Babycakes. Absolute f*cking poison. Hope it wins the lot. No wonder we never heard from these wankpuffins again.

The Tweets - The Birdie Son. Because not only do I like to whip, but I also like to nae nae.

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

This is what I'm here for. :D:D:D

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over troubled waters Vs Soulja Boy - Crank That
    The Chats - Smoko Vs Mark Gormley
    C1 - Virus Vs Eamon - **** it (I dont want you back)
    Sean Kingston - Fire Burning Vs Dennis Waterman and George Cole - What are we gonna get er indoors

• Advertisement

Madonna - American Pie Vs Rebecca Black - Friday
    Ping Pong - Samey Vs Jenna Rose - My Jeans
    Sam Fischer - This City Vs Tiesto & Dzeko Feat Preme and Post Malone - Jackie Chan
    Armi and Danny - I wanna love you tender Vs LMFAO - Sexy and I know it

The Chats - Smoko [2] Vs Mark Gormley - Without You [2]

C1 - Virus [5] Vs Eamon - **** it (I dont want you back) [1]
    Sean Kingston - Fire Burning [2] Vs Dennis Waterman and George Cole - What are we gonna get er indoors [5]

Madonna - American Pie [1] Vs Rebecca Black - Friday [5]
    Ping Pong - Samey [1] Vs Jenna Rose - My Jeans [3]
    Sam Fischer - This City [2] Vs Tiesto & Dzeko Feat Preme and Post Malone - Jackie Chan [2]
    Armi and Danny - I wanna love you tender [2] Vs LMFAO - Sexy and I know it [3]

Friday is bad, but it doesnt deserve to win 5-1 against that Madonna song. That match should have been closer

Round 1!!!

Round 1/Match 13

Sean Paul - Get Busy

Vs

DJ Otzi - Hey Baby

Why I Hate It: Just hearing this incites violence and makes me want to punch something

Round 1/Match 14

Jan Terri - Baby Blues

Vs

Black Lace - Hokey Cokey

I want to introduce cult musician Jan Terri to a wider audience. Her music is only surpassed by her low-budget videos.

Why I Hate It: Black Lace in general are a nuisance to the world of music, but this is the greatest of their sins. It's the type of song that only small children and OAP's enjoy, and just makes everyone else want to kill themselves

Round 1/Match 15

Cheeky Girls - The Cheeky Song

Vs

Daphne and Celeste - U.G.L.Y

Not only awful but nasty too.

Round 1/Match 16

Freaxxx - Brokencyde

Vs

Cher - Believe

My least favourite song of all time. Auto tuned to the Nth degree. I despise this song and despise even more how it was so popular. It is utter scutter

Sean Paul - Get Busy Vs DJ Otzi - Hey Baby
    Jan Terri - Baby Blues Vs Black Lace - Hokey Cokey
    Cheeky Girls - The Cheeky Song Vs Daphne and Celeste - U.G.L.Y
    Freaxxx - Brokencyde Vs Cher - Believe

Rikand wrote:
    DJ Otzi - Hey Baby

Rikand wrote:
    Black Lace - Hokey Cokey

Rikand wrote:

Rikand wrote:
    Cher - Believe

Votes above. Now we're getting into the nasty stuff. Someone was high on Cokey alright when they wrote that bloody song.

Freaxxx - Brokencyde because Cher doesn't deserve to be here either.

DJ Otzi - Hey Baby ; sticking with my nomination. Hate it so much.

Black Lace - Hokey Cokey ; another of my nominations. I just want to die whenever I hear it.

Daphne and Celeste - U.G.L.Y ; both awful in their own ways, but I find the Cheeky Song somewhat more bearable, so my vote goes to U.G.L.Y

Freaxxx - Brokencyde ; I don't mind Believe, but whatever the hell this yoke is supposed to be is truly dreadful. Were they trying to fit every genre in to one song or something?

quickbeam wrote: »
    Freaxxx - Brokencyde because Cher doesn't deserve to be here either.

I ****ing hate believe

Rikand wrote:
    I ****ing hate believe

It's AWFUL and absolutely deserves to be nominated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

DJ Otzi - Hey Baby

Freaxxx - Brokencyde, that cher song is a great tune, the nerve of some ppl.

Sean Paul - Get Busy Vs DJ Otzi - Hey Baby
    Jan Terri - Baby Blues Vs Black Lace - Hokey Cokey
    Cheeky Girls - The Cheeky Song Vs Daphne and Celeste - U.G.L.Y
    Freaxxx - Brokencyde Vs Cher - Believe

There is some woeful tripe in here only 16 matches in....

• Advertisement

Ping Pong - Samey Vs Jenna Rose - My Jeans - You can at least appreciate the kitsch factor in Ping Pong, there's nothing at all redeemable about Jenna Rose.

Sam Fischer - This City Vs Tiesto & Dzeko Feat Preme and Post Malone - Jackie Chan - The Sam Fischer one is more bland than terrible. "Sushi from Japan, Jackie Chan" is much worse.

Sean Paul - Get Busy Vs DJ Otzi - Hey Baby - While Get Busy isn't really my thing, I might enjoy hearing it on a night out. The same can never be said for that other yoke.

Cheeky Girls - The Cheeky Song Vs Daphne and Celeste - U.G.L.Y - both terrible but The Cheeky Song is fairly benign whereas U.G.L.Y is actually quite nasty.

Freaxxx - Brokencyde Vs Cher - Believe - again, Believe isn't a song I'd generally listen to in my spare time but I might enjoy it on a night out. Brokencyde is literally just noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,738 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Holy frak that Freaxxx - Brokencyde is pure ****e, that gets my vote.

Also voting Cheeky Girls - The Cheeky Song. The 3rd worst thing to come out of Romania

And Jan Terri - Baby Blues, cause its total muck and all copies should be burned

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

The Chats - Smoko [2] Vs Mark Gormley - Without You [2]

Ping Pong - Samey [1] Vs Jenna Rose - My Jeans [4]
    Sam Fischer - This City [2] Vs Tiesto & Dzeko Feat Preme and Post Malone - Jackie Chan [3]
    Armi and Danny - I wanna love you tender [2] Vs LMFAO - Sexy and I know it [3]

Sean Paul - Get Busy [1] Vs DJ Otzi - Hey Baby [4]
    Jan Terri - Baby Blues[1] Vs Black Lace - Hokey Cokey [3]
    Cheeky Girls - The Cheeky Song [3] Vs Daphne and Celeste - U.G.L.Y [3]
    Freaxxx - Brokencyde [5] Vs Cher - Believe [1]

Sad that believe didnt go further, but that Freaxxx song is so bad it could possibly win this whole thing outright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Niska

Round 1/Match 9
    Madonna - American Pie Vs Rebecca Black - Friday - Truly atrocious song (Madonna's is an atrocious version of a good, song)

Round 1/Match 10

Ping Pong - Samey Vs Jenna Rose - My Jeans - My Jeans - awful awful awful

Round 1/Match 11

Sam Fischer - This City Vs Tiesto & Dzeko Feat Preme and Post Malone - Jackie Chan - Neither are awful, rather non entity blandness. Jackie Chan is slightly more forgettable

Round 1/Match 12

Armi and Danny - I wanna love you tender Vs LMFAO - Sexy and I know it - Just, wow. Bad, but not bad enough to be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Niska

Sean Paul - Get Busy Vs DJ Otzi - Hey Baby - Either would be worthy of going through, but the under-running 'tune' is grating in Get Busy
    Jan Terri - Baby Blues Vs Black Lace - Hokey Cokey - have a drunken fondness for the hokey kokey, and Baby Blues is
    Cheeky Girls - The Cheeky Song Vs Daphne and Celeste - U.G.L.Y - Both are deserving of awful progression, but Cheekys' are just that little bit more awful
    Freaxxx - Brokencyde Vs Cher - Believe - poles apart -n o contest

The Chats - Smoko [2] Vs Mark Gormley - Without You [3]

Ping Pong - Samey [1] Vs Jenna Rose - My Jeans [5]
    Sam Fischer - This City [3] Vs Tiesto & Dzeko Feat Preme and Post Malone - Jackie Chan [4]
    Armi and Danny - I wanna love you tender [4] Vs LMFAO - Sexy and I know it [3]

Sean Paul - Get Busy [3] Vs DJ Otzi - Hey Baby [5]
    Jan Terri - Baby Blues[3] Vs Black Lace - Hokey Cokey [3]
    Cheeky Girls - The Cheeky Song [5] Vs Daphne and Celeste - U.G.L.Y [4]

DJ Otzi - Hey Baby. Get Busy is class. F*ck whoever voted nominated it.

Cheeky Girls - The Cheeky Song. Just no need or want for it. Cancerous.

Cher - Believe. Here's the thing about Cher, even in the 90's. She was about 104 years old, has no last name and has crappy autotuned music.

Round 1!!!

Round 1/Match 17

The Mavericks - Dance the night away

Vs

Bagatelle - Somewhere in Europe

The epitome of Middle of the road soft rock. More like roadkill.

Round 1/Match 18

Vennu Mallesh - Its my life what ever I

Vs

Jedward - Bad behaviour

Round 1/Match 19
    Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart

Vs

Ronan Keating - Friends in time

Round 1/Match 20

Mike and the Mechanics - Living Years

Vs

Las Ketchup - The Ketchup Song

I swear loudly every time I hear this song. Every time. No matter where I am.

The Mavericks - Dance the night away Vs Bagatelle - Somewhere in Europe
    Vennu Mallesh - Its my live what ever I Vs Jedward - Bad behaviour
    Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart Vs Ronan Keating - Friends in time
    Mike and the Mechanics - Living Years Vs Las Ketchup - The Ketchup Song

Also voting Cheeky Girls - The Cheeky Song. The 3rd worst thing to come out of Romania

Go on then, what are the two things worse than this to come from Romania?
    I wanna guess Nicolae and Elena Ceaușescu but you might be thinking of something completely different!

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote:
    Bagatelle - Somewhere in Europe

Rikand wrote:
    Jedward - Bad behaviour

Rikand wrote:
    Ronan Keating - Friends in time

Ah who nominated Billy Ray Cyrus:eek:

Votes above. Cos Bagatelle and Jedward are beyond terrible.

Advertisement