Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XI: Team of nervoUS MOD warning Post 1

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Faugheen wrote: »
    Which was said in response to a post that said Carbery was supposedly a ‘better operator’.

Better operators help win games. Byrne does that, and has done so multiple times in interpros and in Europe. Including a MOTM in a game against Carbery. So yes it’s very relevant comparing how players perform when they play each other. You brought up Sexton v Carbery in Thomond last year. Probably the only time we’ll see them play against each other and Carbery won, most importantly in a game where Sexton lost his head and Carbery kept his.

No question who the bigger talent is, for what it’s worth.
    Yea but if this was how it worked, the Ireland team would just be the Leinster team.

In reality, I think the only way of determing if Byrne is better than Carbery for Ireland is for them both to get a go at playing for Ireland. But Byrne needs to show enough to earn that shot ahead of Carbery (who truth be told, got his go at it by default rather than actually really earning it at the time).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

awec wrote: »
    Yea but if this was how it worked, the Ireland team would just be the Leinster team.

Not a bad idea tbh.

Not a bad idea tbh.

I'd never be back.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,084 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'd never be back.

Sure the ulster team is practically all leinster these days

;)

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Sure the ulster team is practically all leinster these days

;)

Leinster by birth, Ulster by the grace of god.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Leinster by birth, Ulster by the grace of Nucifora.

Fixed that for you

You sound like someone originally from Cork who grew up in Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Larkham has brought lots of options for his tens. In plenty of plays, you have inside runners, outside runners and out the back options.

It's incredible what the man has brought in so little time. I see Joey having the time of his life under Larkham.

Ah Lulster! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Larkham has brought lots of options for his tens. In plenty of plays, you have inside runners, outside runners and out the back options.

It's incredible what the man has brought in so little time. I see Joey having the time of his life under Larkham.
    It'll be fantastic. Great backs, flowing attacking rugby, minimal depth up front.

Ladyboy Munster.

• Advertisement

Clegg wrote: »
    It'll be fantastic. Great backs, flowing attacking rugby, minimal depth up front.

Ladyboy Munster.

WTF has Larkham got to do with the Forwards selection policy?

That post is just dumb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

WTF has Larkham got to do with the Forwards selection policy?

That post is just dumb.

I think the post might have been in jest

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I think the post might have been in jest

Hang a smiley on it then, it's not hard.

Hang a smiley on it then, it's not hard.

It wasn’t me who posted the original

I would have expected the reference to ladyboys was better than a smiley face

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It wasn’t me who posted the original

I would have expected the reference to ladyboys was better than a smiley face

Are you trying to up your post count or something? Incessant posting about nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Are you trying to up your post count or something? Incessant posting about nothing.

You're the one that took offence from the most obviously jokey, good natured post that could be imagined.

Think you need a chat with yourself more than anyone else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Niallof9

Van Graan pushin POM for captaincy. Oh dear.

James Ryan - https://index.rugbypass.com/rpi/six-nations/ireland/james-ryan/

vs

POM - https://www.rugbypass.com/six-nations/teams/ireland/players/peter-omahony/statistics/

Ruddock trending miles ahead as well. https://index.rugbypass.com/rpi/all/all/blindside-flanker/7-days/low-to-high/players/

I suppose he is on the big bucks and he has a brand and a really angry face, and the patented unseen work. so we'll see. Will really despair if he's named captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Would hardly be shocking that province coach would be pushing one of his players for captain. Farrell will obviously have final say. Don't get the negativity around POM tbh. Especially when it hasn't even been decided.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,779 ✭✭✭✭phog

Eod100 wrote: »
    Would hardly be shocking that province coach would be pushing one of his players for captain. Farrell will obviously have final say. Don't get the negativity around POM tbh. Especially when it hasn't even been decided.

Usually from people that wouldn't know if a rugby ball was pumped or stuffed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Niallof9

phog wrote: »
    Usually from people that wouldn't know if a rugby ball was pumped or stuffed.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,756 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Wthout wishing to stir up the blame game again.
    But I would be interested if anyone can confirm if Enda McNulty was involved or not at the RWC?

in todays ITimes D'Orce writes

"The Nucifora Report had too many sound bites and not enough meat on the bones. This only invites conjecture. Without detail people read between the lines and conclude that Nucifora is apportioning blame at the doors of Joe Schmidt and Enda McNulty."

This is the second time i have seen it written that indicates that he was at RWC with the team.

Edit:
    just googled it. He was.
    Although he wasnt part of the listed backup team?
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rug...apan-1.4013609

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Wthout wishing to stir up the blame game again.
    But I would be interested if anyone can confirm if Enda McNulty was involved or not at the RWC?

in todays ITimes D'Orce writes

"The Nucifora Report had too many sound bites and not enough meat on the bones. This only invites conjecture. Without detail people read between the lines and conclude that Nucifora is apportioning blame at the doors of Joe Schmidt and Enda McNulty."

This is the second time i have seen it written that indicates that he was at RWC with the team.

Edit:
    just googled it. He was.
    Although he wasnt part of the listed backup team?
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rug...apan-1.4013609

I think he's brought in on a consultancy basis as opposed to a full time employee for the IRFU.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I think he's brought in on a consultancy basis as opposed to a full time employee for the IRFU.

Yeah he runs his own business I'm pretty sure, would have lots of clients, does corporate gigs, etc.

On POM - hopefully he's not starting come the 6N, never mind captain.

It was mentioned on one of the podcast that when Nucifora was asked was he interviewed for the report he replied no

Now it’s a bit pointless doing a report and not interviewing what I would see as one of the critical figures in the irfu

I think the “report” is a standard point the finger job at anyone and everyone apart from Nucifora so a bit pointless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

Niallof9 wrote: »

Van Graan pushin POM for captaincy. Oh dear.

I suppose he is on the big bucks and he has a brand and a really angry face, and the patented unseen work. so we'll see.

Plus he has an unrivalled record for losing semi-finals and learning from each defeat. That kind of experience is priceless when the chips are down.

And, before phog interjects, allow me to point out that I am well aware that rugby balls are stuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I get the feeling there is nothing POM could do to satisfy some people on these here boards

leakyboots wrote: »
    I get the feeling there is nothing POM could do to satisfy some people on these here boards

To be fair I think POM has got plenty of positive reviews on boards.

His dip in form over the last 12 months is clear for everyone to see. This is not just pointed out here....every match at the WC it was mentioned "POM needs a big one today" and it never happened. It was mentioned on podcast, in the press etc.....

So not sure why people are firing around insults and saying this is a boards issue. If I remember correctly, Wood also recently raised his drop in form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

He could retire.

The more I think about the Sexton injury, if confirmed, could be a blessing in disguise. It will force an alternative to play, hopefully Carbery but someone else if he is not fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

To be fair, his form this calendar year has been pretty poor. I was happy to go with the POFM thing this time last year when he'd been awesome in 2018, but it just hasn't happened for him in 2019. We need to be able to call out guys who are out of form regardless of province. For example, Furlong has been a pale shadow of his former self for most of the year too leading to Porter rightfully starting last week for Leinster.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement