Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Boxing Super Series Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Murat Gassiev
    Seems to be struggling bad against the southpaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Avni Yildirim
    Looks like he's never even sparred a southpaw before. Walking into the left hand over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Avni Yildirim
    Braehmer is way too big. Seems like the biggest man in the tournament against the smallest.

Murat Gassiev
    Not sure if Brant is just boxing awfully or if old man Braehmer is winding back the clock. Fine performance nonetheless.

Avni Yildirim
    pac_man wrote: »
    I think it's safe to so we're not seeing the new Andre Ward here folks.

Random question, was reading some boxers autobiography and vaguely remember them saying they were stopped by Braehmer in the amateurs, think it might have been Hatton but cant remember, anyone know?
    Yep beat Hatton twice, stopped him once. Beat Froch in the amateurs too iirc.

• Advertisement

Murat Gassiev
    I'm actually excited to see what Braehmer can do against Smith.

Murat Gassiev
    Skoglund had decent joy and Braehmer is a much better fighter if he's not over the hill and can make weight decently. He did look a little dry at the weigh in but he boxed well all night. Smith needs to work a bunch on his movement or Braehmer could cause him fits with the southpaw jab. It'll be an interesting fight but I wouldn't have Smith as a big favourite...He's still been very unconvincing to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The 168 series is piss poor. Eubank vs Groves might be the only decent fight here. Winner or that should take the series. Shame when you consider the quality of fighters at the cruiserweight level, that couldn't have got something equal in a different division

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Groves v Eubank Jr is set for February 17th in Manchester. Anyone thinking of heading over?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Avni Yildirim
    Johner wrote: »
    Groves v Eubank Jr is set for February 17th in Manchester. Anyone thinking of heading over?

Heading over to this one. Surely wont sell out Tuesday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I wouldn't have thought so but it will be very popular.

Tickets for the Groves vs Eubank Jr. Ali Trophy semi-final go on sale at 9am tomorrow!

Here are the ticket price bands:
    Ringside (VIP): £600
    Floor: £400, £200
    Lower Tier: £150, £100
    Upper Tier: £60, £40, £30
    (Plus fees)

There will be a seating plan on eventim.co.uk tomorrow morning

Tickets for the Ali Trophy semi-final bout in the super middleweight edition of the World Boxing Super Series go on sale at 9am tomorrow (Tuesday 28 November) from eventim.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Just watched the Eubank Groves presser . I agree with Groves . I think its not Eubanks weight division and he wont make the final bell .

His technique will be his undoing and he will be caught by the more powerful man

• Registered Users Posts: 54,684 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Rob Brant
    Just watched the Eubank Groves presser . I agree with Groves . I think its not Eubanks weight division and he wont make the final bell .

His technique will be his undoing and he will be caught by the more powerful man

Quite possibly. It's a big step up for Eubank

And it really boils down to two key areas. Has Eubank the power to trouble and bother Groves, and has Groves the power to trouble and bother Eubank...?

More leaning with the question of Eubank having the power. If he does not he won't win here..he could only win if he can take Groves' power and maybe outwork him for a points win...

I'd fancy Groves if it goes the distance.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Avni Yildirim
    I think Eubank will win because of his incredible work rate.Groves weakness is his stamina, which plays to Eubanks strengths. Junior does not have his father punching power, but he does possess his granite chin, so i feel he will be able to take Groves power and grind out a late tko or points win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

I think Eubank will win because of his incredible work rate.Groves weakness is his stamina, which plays to Eubanks strengths. Junior does not have his father punching power, but he does possess his granite chin, so i feel he will be able to take Groves power and grind out a late tko or points win.

I do agree if he can take Groves power he will win . Thats where i have my doubts . I dont think he has a proven chin at this weight or at this level.

Rob Brant
    He still has to really get to Groves and work him over. Easier said than done. Groves can move, box and fight. Could be a case of Eubank falling short too much and being kept at bay with the jab and boxing of Groves...

Eubank needs to get in close and make this a fast paced action packed duel. He sits back too much thinking he can outbox Groves and he’s losing...

Rob Brant

He will be caught, like some others who took it and did see the final bell..

Eubank is made out to have a granite chin...this fight may or may not prove it.

I’d be a little surprised if Eubank got stopped. More likely he loses on points due to his inability to break Groves down.

Froch seems to be rooting for him...thinks GG has his work cut out..

Avni Yildirim
    I struggle to see any outcome bar Usyk points or maybe a very late stoppage. Looking forward to it but looking forward to Gassiev - Dorticos far more.

Hrgovic is a future heavyweight world champ imo. Keeping close tabs on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭megadodge

I know it's been asked before - but, what channel no. is ITV box office on the Sky platform?

That's where Usyk / Briedis is on isn't it?

Avni Yildirim
    megadodge wrote: »
    I know it's been asked before - but, what channel no. is ITV box office on the Sky platform?

That's where Usyk / Briedis is on isn't it?

Ch 493 starting at 20:45

• Advertisement

Ch 493 starting at 20:45

That's the HD one, I thought this was free to air?

Is there a normal ITV box office?

Avni Yildirim
    That's the HD one, I thought this was free to air?

Is there a normal ITV box office?

It's free to Air there, watching the undercard now.
    Doesn't seem to be a 'normal' ITV Box Office channel.

It's free to Air there, watching the undercard now.
    Doesn't seem to be a 'normal' ITV Box Office channel.

Not working for me, call 'xxxxxxx' for further info.....

Avni Yildirim
    Not working for me, call 'xxxxxxx' for further info.....

I can only assume you don't have a HD Box/TV?
    Not sure there is a non HD version but maybe try tuning in:

Frequency: 11068
    Polarisation: Vertical
    Symbol Rate: 23000
    FEC: 3/4
    Mode: DVB-S2/8PSK

I can only assume you don't have a HD Box/TV?
    Not sure there is a non HD version but maybe try tuning in:

Frequency: 11068
    Polarisation: Vertical
    Symbol Rate: 23000
    FEC: 3/4
    Mode: DVB-S2/8PSK

I'll see what I can do. Thanks for all the info.

Rob Brant
    FFS, get a few English lessons, pal!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RezwoK

Avni Yildirim
    Wow this fight is not going how I thought it would! Decent scrap!

Rob Brant
    Very good. Breidis could be two up. He’s working real good..

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RezwoK

Avni Yildirim
    walshb wrote: »
    Very good. Breidis could be two up. He’s working real good..

Agree

• Advertisement

Rob Brant
    2-1 Breidis

Advertisement