Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade & Retro Kickstarter thread ,

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Its amazing how catastrophicly bad that project went. I see loads of international backers didn't get their canvases or t-shirts either.

Tbh it looks like he's just dragging it out now hoping that people will forget about it (I know I do!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    Its amazing how catastrophicly bad that project went. I see loads of international backers didn't get their canvases or t-shirts either.

Tbh it looks like he's just dragging it out now hoping that people will forget about it (I know I do!)

I think what made it worse for those that didn't get their marquees was when he opened another business, printing and selling marquees!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I got the wrong marque, he promised me he'd send the right one straight away, dozens of emails went back and forth with so many different excuses, he'd forgotten, lost the label and didn't know who it was for, its actually in the way, just waiting on the courier to pickup, etc, he even promised he'd made something special to make up for the months of excuses, been well over a year of them now and I've given up

I got the wrong marque, he promised me he'd send the right one straight away, dozens of emails went back and forth with so many different excuses, he'd forgotten, lost the label and didn't know who it was for, its actually in the way, just waiting on the courier to pickup, etc, he even promised he'd made something special to make up for the months of excuses, been well over a year of them now and I've given up

My marquee never showed up at first, sent with a tracking number that he wouldn't share with me.
    After a few rather direct messages he resent it and that one arrived.

He is basically full of ****, but his book looked great so a lot was forgivable if he could deliver, which he cant!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I followed him on twitter and the dude seemed to spend most of his time drinking coffee and posting pictures of himself drinking coffee. at first i believed his reasons and felt sorry for him, but it was a bit off with him posting on twitter getting up to all sorts of stuff but not a mention of the book.

• Advertisement

I followed him on twitter and the dude seemed to spend most of his time drinking coffee and posting pictures of himself drinking coffee. at first i believed his reasons and felt sorry for him, but it was a bit off with him posting on twitter getting up to all sorts of stuff but not a mention of the book.

The biggest problem was him completely ignoring people. I mean he had a link to his twitter account on the Kickstarter(removed when it all went tits up) and people could see as you say him doing all sorts. Yet he wasnt arsed to reply to PM's or messages on the kickstarter page.

He's a muppet, but his original work was good so it would be a real shame to see it go in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Steve X2 wrote: »
    The biggest problem was him completely ignoring people. I mean he had a link to his twitter account on the Kickstarter(removed when it all went tits up) and people could see as you say him doing all sorts. Yet he wasnt arsed to reply to PM's or messages on the kickstarter page.

He's a muppet, but his original work was good so it would be a real shame to see it go in the bin.

So everyone lost their money? What sort of insurance do you have over something like that happening?

Basically he has to submit the amount collected minus his expenses and refund any left over pro rata between all backers.
    He's full of ****, his previous updates have been how it's ready to print and the latest one was how it's just a matter of getting a piece of paper signed from the original publisher, complete bull****ter unfortunately as it looked like a good project.

New A1200 Housings Pressed From New Molds
    Brand new Amiga 1200 housing from modern Molds. Available in 11 colors. - UV resistant / A1200 Reloaded & Raspberry Pi compatible case.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/a1200housing/new-a1200-housings-pressed-from-new-molds

I thought i already shared this one, not sure it will reach the funding required but I've backed it for a few cases anyway.

m4orRc5.png

FffRDXy.png

4EPcQD8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

That Amiga kickstarter didn't make the target..

• Advertisement

That Amiga kickstarter didn't make the target..

Yeah, it was a hefty target considering what it is. But I understand the initial cost will be high to make something like this.
    They are re-launching the it again in a month or so(the campaign is to run twice as long) and have dropped some hints that they may be able to officially use the Amiga name/logo this time. Probably not the Commodore one as Amiga and Commodore are two separate companies now if I remember correctly.

I’m not a fan of the newer Amiga Logo and font, so don’t care much about that anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Pixel Noir is having a 2nd go at kickstarter with a lower goal on Sept 14th, here's the original one

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/397981048/pixel-noir-pc-mac-ios-android-ps4-vita

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I kinda hate that the characters are one resolution, while the scenes they're in are around twice the resolution. Smacks of a lazy attempt at pixel art.

Looks like the artcade book is getting made! His latest email says he has done a deal with the dude that made the bitmap books

Looks like the artcade book is getting made! His latest email says he has done a deal with the dude that made the bitmap books

I wonder will he actually send out all the marquees and canvas prints he owes people:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I think they need a few more limited edition versions..

I think they need a few more limited edition versions..

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

Here's a very promising documentary on the 8-bit era of home computers:

Growing the 8 Bit Generation

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744798558/growing-the-8-bit-generation?ref=video

150% funded with 30 hours to go.

Absolutely stoked that they interviewed Jack Tramiel before his death.

The soundtrack sounds great too.

this looks good, a definite Sunset Riders influence

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saberridergame/saber-rider-and-the-star-sheriffs-the-video-game/description

there are physical Dreamcast & PC Engine versions available.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

About time, although never mess with a classic.
    Also the name is meh. I will be backing it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Not retro gaming related but still so awesome. Think a few people here will appreciate it

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/warpo/dont-cuddle-the-krampus-retro-80s-toy-line

Went for an early bird myself, shipping is a whopper of $60 though, still though, early Christmas present to myself

I see Pat the NES punk has a nice book on Kickstarter. But, only shipping to the US :(
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/560468638/nintendo-nes-library-guide-and-review-book-of-750/description

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I see Pat the NES punk has a nice book on Kickstarter. But, only shipping to the US :(
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/560468638/nintendo-nes-library-guide-and-review-book-of-750/description

The Physical Book pledge says it'll do international shipping just that it might be expensive? Same as the book then. :)

Looks like a really good book.

I'd say it will end up with well over 100'000 pledged

The layout of the pages looks horrible to me, like it was whipped together in mspaint.

like it was whipped together in mspaint.

surely you mean Mario Paint.

The layout of the pages looks horrible to me, like it was whipped together in mspaint.

Yeah it isn't great at all, but I've seen a lot worse and for 60 dollars I wouldn't expect much more. You should check out the Punchout history book, it got pulled off kickstarter so it's now a free pdf, looks very well though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ugly design aside, do we really need a book of NES reviews?

I find the best gaming related books are either ones that create something interesting design wise (like the Megadrive book) or select one particular subject and delve to levels which haven't been explored yet before. (like that history of Japanese videogame music released recently)

NES reviews? Really?

Advertisement