Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade & Retro Kickstarter thread ,

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

If Pat's name wasn't on it I doubt it would get to far really..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Jack burton

NES games really are the "in" thing at the moment though. Seems to be the collecting focus for most people in the USA.

I agree as well, if pats name wasn't on it I wouldn't even get close to the figure this will undoubtedly end up at

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I find they are churning these book out at the moment.

I initially went for the c64 one for nostalgia reasons. Followed by the amiga one. Spectrum coming now and then the renewed c64 book.

Im not sure if i still like/need them, similar to all this stuff.

Another terrible idea despite meeting their goal. Polycade , raspberry pi based at that price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,594 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Another terrible idea despite meeting their goal. Polycade , raspberry pi based at that price ?

The arcade is the ultimate casual gaming experience. Arcades are social, low commitment...

I hate them already :pac: - nothing casual or low commitment about trying to 1cc a shmup...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ridiculous cost for a Pi based system. For that kind of cost, it'd want to have a pretty kick ass system under the hood, not a Pi!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I need to do a Kickstarter. It seems any old shiz will get funded these days.

That just reminded me to remove my friends Kickstarter from my sig. It didn't get funded sadly, which is a shame, as it looked great. (It's a board game)

Jebus, that's expensive and fugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Christ thats a horrible looking yolk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

It looks somewhere between a blown-up first-gen iPod and a set-piece from Bidmead era Doctor Who. I kinda like it, oddly.

The fact it's run by Nolan Bushnell's kids makes me curious about a number of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,594 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I quite like that one. Reckon it'd look better if he managed to fit a stick with a shorter shaft though.

o1s1n wrote: »
    I quite like that one. Reckon it'd look better if he managed to fit a stick with a shorter shaft though.

Agreed dimension for the stick seems wrong

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1836573872/pixel-vision-the-handmade-portable-game-system?ref=NewsDec0315&utm_campaign=Dec+03&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

Swedish designer Love Hultén calls Pixel Vision a "link between the present and the past, and a tribute to gaming." Each foldable, jewel-like gamer is handmade from walnut, and can store up to 10,000 of your favorite vintage games — making it a pocketable portal into gaming’s rich and storied past.

It's beautiful, but it's essentially €450 for a fancy case and screen for a Pi... which lovely as it is, I really couldn't go for! Glad to see he got them funded though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

€450 for a wooden GBA SP with an emulator chucked in?
    No thanks.

Meh, just another collector trophy..

It doesn't look that great to me at all, and its using a cheap Raspberry Pi A+ to run the show!
    I understand its hand made, but look at it, there is no art, no soul, its a box!!

And this is coming from someone who has purchased wooden boxes from Analogue Interactive in the past :)

The lamp talk on the other thread reminded me of this pretty sweet looking lamp i backed on Kickstarter.
    Kind of retro looking, in a way :)

Might interest some people here.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1284726646/the-lampster-a-lamp-with-attitude

xg4SfH1.jpgbx5O1bp.jpg

bzmuNHZ.jpgoWQBmdc.jpg

FYoj3Wv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

You just made me spend 200 quid with that post.

So cool..

You just made me spend 200 quid with that post.

So cool..

Your welcome :)
    I really like the look of it.

Yeh it looks brilliant, which one did you go for?

Steve scan it in and print me one will ya?

Yeh it looks brilliant, which one did you go for?

Went for the artsy red one and rusty type army green. I prefer the messy speckled look rather than pure clean colours they have.

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Went for the artsy red one and rusty type army green. I prefer the messy speckled look rather than pure clean colours they have.

Yeh I got the arty red one too. Hard to decide between that and the army but I wasn't getting two haha

I guess they email you when it's finished to see what one you want ?

Yeh I got the arty red one too. Hard to decide between that and the army but I wasn't getting two haha

I guess they email you when it's finished to see what one you want ?

Yeah, they'll just send out a form or something.

I see Sam Dyers next visual compendium book(compendium 4) will be on the NES/Famicom.
    Cant wait for that one(and hopefully some nice optional extras/rewards), but I'd say it will be a good few months before it hits kickstarter as he might be doing the addon/update book for the C64 first.

So now we have another 'retro console', this one is based on a Pi2 and looks to be running emulation-station, selling point of this is that it has a cd drive to play isos.
    Basic one is €149..

• Advertisement

So now we have another 'retro console', this one is based on a Pi2 and looks to be running emulation-station, selling point of this is that it has a cd drive to play isos.
    Basic one is €149..

I think I seen that on retrocollect. Supports the Amiga CD32 discs I think which caught my eye.
    Still, it's all just the same emulators wrapped in different boxes these days :0/

Advertisement