Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Space Invaders and Jump Bug arcade machines. In storage for 10 years.
    Contact seller for price.

http://www.gumtree.ie/a-video-games-consoles/dublin/two-video-game-arcade-machines-originals/1001406104710910772954509

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

eddhorse wrote: »

Just a quick commute to Belfast to pick it up!
    Actually must buy the Xbox version of that, for the Silent Scope collection

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just a quick commute to Belfast to pick it up!
    Actually must buy the Xbox version of that, for the Silent Scope collection

Thought it would be more expensive elsewhere, not very rare so. Surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just stuck up a clearout on adverts. Take a look, usual arcade and retro discounts apply to the locals here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Just stuck up a clearout on adverts. Take a look, usual arcade and retro discounts apply to the locals here

Are the NTSC carts sold? Would have been interested in them, and any further stuff you're planning to put up :)

PC - Atari 80 classics from Humble Bundle €3.39

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/atari80classicgamesin1_storefront
    Atari 80 Classic Games in One is provided via DRM-Free for Windows.

Summary

Atari 80 Classic Games in One provides a host of classic arcade games, including popular titles such as Asteroids, Centipede and Millipede. This comprehensive collection also includes a wide variety of Atari 2600 titles, which provide space adventures, sports action and unique thrills. Play a game of Football, explore a Haunted House, try Super Breakout or take part in Yars' Revenge. Other games include Combat, Lunar Lander, Gravitar, Major Havoc, Pong, Space Duel, Star Raiders, Submarine Commander, and WARLORDS. You'll discover hours of enjoyment with this nostalgic collection of games that is as much fun today as it was back then.

Features

Experience a wide variety of gameplay that spans 80 games.
    Collection includes both arcade and Atari 2600 titles, including Combat, Lunar Lander, Gravitar, Major Havoc, Pong, Space Duel, Star Raiders, Submarine Commander, and WARLORDS.
    Arcade action includes Battlezone, Crystal Castles, Missile Command and more.
    No manuals to read, no strategy guides to study -- just start playing and try to score the most points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Corholio wrote: »
    Are the NTSC carts sold? Would have been interested in them, and any further stuff you're planning to put up :)

Stuck up abpther few bits. NTSC stuff is gone. Sorry

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/nintendo-64/8821946
    Nintendo 64 Console in excellent condition. Have tested with game and works fine. Contains all necessary cables
    - TV Input Cable x 1
    - Power Supply x 1
    - Nintendo 64 Official Controller x 1

€35 euro, excellent value.
    Will also include Zelda: Ocarina of Time (also excellent condition) for an extra €20

Postage costs extra. PayPal preferred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

somebody's got a console named after them now

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/sega-mega-steve-ii/8824679

• Advertisement

somebody's got a console named after them now

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/sega-mega-steve-ii/8824679

Its cheap

PAC-MAN 256 - Endless Arcade Maze by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe

Apple Store:
    https://appsto.re/ie/heOV7.i

Google Play Store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.bandainamcoent.pacman256&hl=en

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's plenty of fun, as long as you can avoid the expense of buying continues.

It's plenty of fun, as long as you can avoid the expense of buying continues.

I like the way the kill screen comes after you and changes from the standard one screen idea.

Edit : Highscore 3817 , poor performance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Batterfly (Hakko's European distributor) have a great deal on the Hakko FX888D solder station at the moment - only €98 (+Vat)

Batterfly (Hakko's European distributor) have a great deal on the Hakko FX888D solder station at the moment - only €98 (+Vat)

50e tax and shipping added at the end according to my dad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I never posted a link to a shop before but I find this chap an honest and reliable seller. His name is Steve Bailey and he's based in Japan, he's selling on ebay years but is getting disillusioned with scammers and all the red tape that goes with selling on Ebay. Most of his stuff is listed on his fb page first, then moved to his online shop or eBay. Everything arrives very quickly by tracked post, he was good enough to track down specific games for me.

I'm fussy about the condition of the stuff I buy and I have yet to receive anything that dissapointed me in this regard, sales aren't limited to games either. I think it would be great to have a sticky thread of recommended sellers or shops to give people options outside of eBay. I have nothing to gain financially from sharing this but I have got some sweet stuff from him over the last year or so, everybody needs ntsc-j goodness in their lives, just don't mess him around.

https://www.facebook.com/Steve666b?__nodl

http://www.japaneseretrovideogames.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

it's a pity though that he's selling in £, the € is in the toilet right now, and the only currency worth buying in is the Yen itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just browsing ebay for some random bits - when did Sunset Riders on the Snes turn into an €80 cart only game??:eek:

Must store that one away a little safer... :pac:

o1s1n wrote: »
    Just browsing ebay for some random bits - when did Sunset Riders on the Snes turn into an €80 cart only game??:eek:

Great i have that too. Quality game in fairness.
    How much does the pcb go for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You can get the pcb for about 70-80, which is what makes it extra insane :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

o1s1n wrote: »

Been that ridiculous price for a while, no?

I recall being very happy with a cart for €35ish. Now a boxed version goes for stupid prices but then of course we all know how important that SNES cardboard is.

I really hope the prices drop at some stage over the next 20 years. Would be nice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,864 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm baffled by the price of Sunset Riders as well. Firstly it's not a rare game at all, every rental place had it and it sold well. It's also a very pared back port of the far superior arcade game. There's also the fact that it's a good but hardly amazing run and gun game, with Contra 3, Hard Corp and a few other similar action games like Rocket Knight Adventures being far superior. It's a good game to have in the collection sure but it's hardly a classic.

Classics and price don't often match though. None of the very rarest SNES games are classics in anyway, the very opposite in fact, the likes of Cool World, Whirlo, Brawl Brothers, Space Invaders are all rare for their own reasons. Sunset Riders has been high enough price for ages now, it's popular and people like to have the physical copies of it. It's also a Konami game which in the retro collect world stands for a fair bit. The likes of Castlevania, Turtles in Time, Adventures of Batman and Robin, Sparkster etc all fetch pretty decent prices. For what it's worth I love Sunset Riders, not near as good as the arcade version of course, but still a good game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,864 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah I think it's a case of what happens to Nintendo games and FF7. The more casual buyers remember it and buy it driving up the price and demand to silly levels.

It's probably no harm to be honest, to see such non outstanding games reach such epic prices while decent solid and brilliant fare on the Snes, like Cybernator, goes for €15, delivered free (not including parcel motel fees). link

It's probably no harm to be honest, to see such non outstanding games reach such epic prices while decent solid and brilliant fare on the Snes, like Cybernator, goes for €15, delivered free (not including parcel motel fees). link

Loved Cybernator, but all that dialogue....it actually takes you out of the game at times.

Well, I have always loved that game, for a long time the only game I had played that made you feel like you were in control of a mech of tonnage, with it's momentum and inertia preserved,

at least until this!

They cut the anime portraits from the english release and an enemy commander that commits suicide from the western release. The portraits make the characters a lot more relatable. It's worth playing the fan translation.

It's worth checking out Gunhound EX on steam if you like Cybernator. It's a japanese doujin game that absolutely nails the cybernator gameplay, so much so in fact that the developer is developing an official sequel in the Cybernator/Assault Suit Leynos series.

• Advertisement

I have the Snes version, but I might pick up the PS2 version as well, looks pretty nice.
    Target Earth or Assault Suits Leynos looks a bit ass compared to Cybernator, so much for blast processing!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement