Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elbow Pain

• 13-06-2019 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭

for 6 weeks was doing weights at home mostly biceps curls using dumbells etc and had not problems until 2 weeks ago when I woke up with pain in both elbows. I did not go back to any weights since as both are still as painful now as they were then.
    Should I carry on or whats caused this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭freemenfitness

If your only training your biceps you have likely caused tightness and will eventually cause imbalances from doing only these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I'd be inclined to go see a physio if it continues to be sore as no one here will be able to determine what the issue is. We can only hazard a guess but without an actual assessment, it's not necessarily going to be correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭freemenfitness

I'd be inclined to go see a physio if it continues to be sore as no one here will be able to determine what the issue is. We can only hazard a guess but without an actual assessment, it's not necessarily going to be correct.

Yeah all of this

Could be tennis elbow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭samjames

both elbows and each dumbell is 13kg so maybe bit heavy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭bladespin

It's more than likely to be a grip issue but you need to get professional advice before you do harm.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭gagomes

Alternatively, train smarter per the following tips https://www.t-nation.com/training/20-ways-to-train-smarter

6. Perform Offset Dumbbell Curls

Positioning the hands on the outside of the dumbbells when curling places more load on the biceps brachii by requiring greater supination torque.
    DB-Curl

Try this: If you normally curl 60-pound dumbbells, perform 3 sets of 20 reps with just the 25 pounders with your hands on the outsides. Rest only 45 seconds between sets. This creates an insane burn in the biceps with minimal stress on the elbows and forearms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Twice I've had elbow issues and both have been for completely different reasons with different rehab exercises. It's not always as straightforward as you would think.

Let a good physio program some exercises for you rather than guess and make it worse.

Advertisement