Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S10, S10 Plus, S10 E, S10 5G

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Wow! "Budget" S10E only €749! How do they do it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Wow! "Budget" S10E only €749! How do they do it?!

Because people will buy it. Plenty of options for people who don't want to spend that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

They look absolutely fantastic and I'm a much bigger fan of the cutout than I was of the notch, but the prices are crazy.

Good thing about Samsung phones though is that they always go down by a few hundred if you wait a few months and don't buy on launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Supposed to be new Samsung wirelessly charged ear buds being launched also worth €150?

And as the S10 can wirelessly charge other devices, you can leave the buds resting on the S10 itself to charge!

Have read that early orders will have an offer of the buds for free!

https://www.cnet.com/news/galaxy-s10-photo-leak-shows-samsung-wireless-galaxy-buds/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

biebiebie wrote: »
    Supposed to be new Samsung wirelessly charged ear buds being launched also worth €150?

And as the S10 can wirelessly charge other devices, you can leave the buds resting on the S10 itself to charge!

Have read that early orders will have an offer of the buds for free!

https://www.cnet.com/news/galaxy-s10-photo-leak-shows-samsung-wireless-galaxy-buds/

Rumours going around say they'll be offering the buds for free on pre-order, that probably swings it for me for upgrading my work phone, I have a Note 9 for personal use and was going to wait for the Note 10 but the free buds will probably make me buy these as I didn't like the idea of 2 Notes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Keeping a close eye on the rumors and leaks on Gsmarena and phonearena the last few weeks . Going to tune in on the launch day and see the full spec & price and make my desicion Vs Mate 20 Pro / P30 / whatever else is announced in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Looking forward to the launch of this phone. It's time to upgrade my S7 Edge.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Davexirl wrote: »
    Looking forward to the launch of this phone. It's time to upgrade my S7 Edge.

Exactly the same here

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Happy with my S9+ for now but may swap for a Note 9 yet. I don't like the cut out for the front camera at all. I'd rather a thin bezel than silly compromises like this.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Happy with my S9+ for now but may swap for a Note 9 yet. I don't like the cut out for the front camera at all. I'd rather a thin bezel than silly compromises like this.

In my opinion in you are going for a big phone like the 9+ then you'd be better going for the note, they are pretty much the same phone except the Note shades it in a few places slightly but the pen is so handy you'll never know how you did without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,772 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Due an upgrade from the S8 but the cost even on a contract is turning me off

The S10 lite is not much of an upgrade looking at the rumoured specs/battery life etc

The normal s10 will still cost a huge amount but sounds a lot better than my current s8

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Due an upgrade from the S8 but the cost even on a contract is turning me off

The S10 lite is not much of an upgrade looking at the rumoured specs/battery life etc

The normal s10 will still cost a huge amount but sounds a lot better than my current s8

I'm trying to not believe this 750+ price for the S10e, I know it's a direct competitor to the iPhone XR but that is crazy. I'd simply go for the Mate 20 Pro in that case, no brainer.

I wouldn't be going near a flagship phone if it wasn't through work, the thoughts of being tied into a long contract as well as a big initial fee gives me ire. I heard somewhere that the S10 will be around €300 on upgrade from Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

The new wireless earbuds will be coming free with pre-orders.Will help lower the price a bit but still insanely expensive.

Their latest teaser hints at the foldable phone also being announced.

dan786 wrote: »
    The new wireless earbuds will be coming free with pre-orders.Will help lower the price a bit but still insanely expensive.

I think they are going to be just showing the foldable rather than announcing a release, I think I'd go for the foldable rather than the S10, great conversation starter and I like big screens :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

The foldable (Galaxy X, Galaxy F, Galaxy Fold) will probably be at a very premium price though?
    Upwards of €1500 I've seen touted.

May have to wait until 2020 for other manufacturers to jump on the bandwagon for prices to become more realistic?

biebiebie wrote: »
    The foldable (Galaxy X, Galaxy F, Galaxy Fold) will probably be at a very premium price though?
    Upwards of €1500 I've seen touted.

May have to wait until 2020 for other manufacturers to jump on the bandwagon for prices to become more realistic?

I'm not paying for it anyway, if I had to pay for my phones I'd still be using a Nokia :pac::pac::pac:

Yeah I heard that too, rrp150 apparently, not bad. Pre ordering canary yellow one next week for the misses so I might hold onto them if they come included.

I'm on the 3 classic flex max

The price of the s10 will still be pretty high ???

What's the next best phone I could get ? Want an upgrade from the s8. Can't believe it's 2 years since it came out times flies

I'm on the 3 classic flex max

The price of the s10 will still be pretty high ???

What's the next best phone I could get ? Want an upgrade from the s8. Can't believe it's 2 years since it came out times flies

The Note 9 is coming down in price but I don't think there's a huge improvement from the 8 to the 9, I'd probably wait until they come down in price, the S8 is still better than a lot of phones on the market.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

galaxy-s10-vietnam-preorder-galaxy-buds-2.jpg

Looks like a JBL charge 3 speaker and a case is including with the ear buds. In Vietnam at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Unlikely to be the same here. They already have pre-sales in Vietnam and Philippines which started earlier this week and are bundling extras with them there.

Some leak sites are reporting in the US that you can get up to $550 trade in offers so I guess all pre-orders will be local offers, hopefully Vodafone have a decent offer

If trade in works here I'm fecked cause the screen on my S8 is cracked on the corners

Hoping for a decent price on bill pay for three. On Classic flex max with insurance

If trade in works here I'm fecked cause the screen on my S8 is cracked on the corners

Hoping for a decent price on bill pay for three. On Classic flex max with insurance

Her S8 has a small crack on it but mint otherwise, I'll be sticking it up on Adverts for 200 quid next week. There's always a buyer out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭AllForIt

As someone who carries his phone in his trousers pocket I don't see the benefit of a foldable phone as it will be twice as thick in the pocket when folded where imo it's more comfortable the tinner it is no matter how long it is!

AllForIt wrote: »
    As someone who carries his phone in his trousers pocket I don't see the benefit of a foldable phone as it will be twice as thick in the pocket when folded where imo it's more comfortable the tinner it is no matter how long it is!

S10 isn't foldable but I believe they are announcing a foldable device.

My left pocket is always just used for my phone and I often have 2 phones on me so the thickness won't bother me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

With demand and a limited release, not to mention price, not many of us are going to have to worry about doing anything with the foldable phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭AllForIt

rizzee wrote: »
    S10 isn't foldable but I believe they are announcing a foldable device.

I know, was just speaking generally as foldable phone was mentioned in the thread.

Advertisement