Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭TheBMG

UCB are still in Wicklow, 87.6 though, mostly a carrier and sporadic output from what I''ve observed.

It may be been 87.6 in that case. There was a dead carrier on it later on ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I heard Easy Radio at different stages during the day.

When I heard Paul Ormonde, I recognized his voice. I know him by another name. He has a lot of pirate experience going right back to the 1979. He co-owned DLR, and has turned up on temporary licensed Choice FM. I won't say what else I know about him from more recent years!

I discovered that there are blogs about most of the presenters on East Radio's website. It is indeed Brian Walsh from Galway, and 98FM, Today FM, Radio Nova and Classic Hits. Quite a coup getting him on board!

Shireen Langan from the website:
    Shireen Langan is an international presenter and producer based in Dublin, Ireland. Over her years within the media sector, Shireen has worked within a number of roles including radio and online multimedia presenting and radio, tv and short film production. To date, she has worked with some of the biggest names within the media industry such as Paramount Network, Virgin Media and FM104. Shireen has also recently co-written an eBook which is set to be launch as a published book this year called ‘How To Podcast Like A Radio Presenter’. From this, she co-founded a podcast consultancy business called ‘The World Media Lab’ and is now taking on the role of social media manager and the presenter of the 3-6pm show on ‘Easy Radio’.

I see Mike Doyle was with Radio Dublin and Heartbeat FM during the 1980s.

Damien Farrell, aka Chris Adams, is Easy Radio's Programme Director. He used to be head of 98FM''s Outside Broadcast Unit.

The boss Paul Wilson has also been involved with temporary licensed Autism Radio and currently with Offaly based Eden FM Community Radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Any Easter Sunday activity out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Any Easter Sunday activity out there?

Easter Sunday in Dublin

87.6 Off Air (Normally Chill FM)
    92.0 Retro FM
    93.2 IceRadio
    94.3 Retro FM
    98.4 90s Network
    99.0 Coast FM ? Not sure if it’s a pirate
    99.5 Retro FM
    103.0 Energy 103
    104.2 Storm NE
    105.2 RetroNow
    105.7 TheBeach

I heard Easy Radio at different stages during the day.

When I heard Paul Ormonde, I recognized his voice. I know him by another name. He has a lot of pirate experience going right back to the 1979. He co-owned DLR, and has turned up on temporary licensed Choice FM. I won't say what else I know about him from more recent years!

I discovered that there are blogs about most of the presenters on East Radio's website. It is indeed Brian Walsh from Galway, and 98FM, Today FM, Radio Nova and Classic Hits. Quite a coup getting him on board!

Shireen Langan from the website:
    Shireen Langan is an international presenter and producer based in Dublin, Ireland. Over her years within the media sector, Shireen has worked within a number of roles including radio and online multimedia presenting and radio, tv and short film production. To date, she has worked with some of the biggest names within the media industry such as Paramount Network, Virgin Media and FM104. Shireen has also recently co-written an eBook which is set to be launch as a published book this year called ‘How To Podcast Like A Radio Presenter’. From this, she co-founded a podcast consultancy business called ‘The World Media Lab’ and is now taking on the role of social media manager and the presenter of the 3-6pm show on ‘Easy Radio’.

I see Mike Doyle was with Radio Dublin and Heartbeat FM during the 1980s.

Damien Farrell, aka Chris Adams, is Easy Radio's Programme Director. He used to be head of 98FM''s Outside Broadcast Unit.

The boss Paul Wilson has also been involved with temporary licensed Autism Radio and currently with Offaly based Eden FM Community Radio.

I see Mike O'Brien was added to the schedule. His pirates included Radio Caroline (Bayside, Sutton - not the offshore one!), Freedom 92FM, Breeze FM and Capital FM (latter a dance pirate in the '00s). He has also had some temporary license experience including Heartbeat FM and his own 90s Network......and its still on the go! Other licensed gigs with CKR, FM104, Radio Nova and Classic Hits 4FM.

• Advertisement

Did anybody notice that Retro FM was on yesterday afternoon (Easter Monday) on 92.0? I think they were on autopilot when I heard them. I don't recall them being on a bank holiday before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Not picking up any pirates at the moment, Ice Radio seem to be off or much weaker this morning. I did hear Chill FM 87.6 yesterday around this time but it’s not on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

JDxtra wrote: »
    Nice signal and audio.

xGrnFzk.png

Is there anywhere i could get a copy of MPXtool would you know?

I wasn't interested when it was available and it's nowhere to be found now, or since it has moved under the Omnia umbrella anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Just a share of a station ahead of its time .Closed about 5 years ago...
    Listen to NRG FM Ger Fenton Show May 13th by NRGFM DUBLIN on #SoundCloud
    https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/Krtew

Hot FM back on 91.0. Signal seems to be improved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Sunset11

Very weak on the Naas Road
    820pm

Sunset11 wrote: »
    Very weak on the Naas Road
    820pm

Yes, very weak this evening compared to yesterday.

You would think they just call it a day for sound quality is absolutely rubbish there signal is poor they have no idea how to run a radio station would he not just give up call it a day fk

Hopefully we get a decent pirate station soon!!

Sunset11 wrote: »
    You would think they just call it a day for sound quality is absolutely rubbish there signal is poor they have no idea how to run a radio station would he not just give up call it a day fk

Hopefully we get a decent pirate station soon!!

It will be interesting to see what happens, Dance pirates seem to be in a state of flux now and seemingly in decline, bar the part-time ones like Chill and The Beach, both of which take a more chilled approach to dance music. I'm not sure if ICE Radio is still going or not. The trend seems to be with the oldies pirates, who are largely weekend affairs: Energy Power AM, Retro FM, The 90s Network, ABC 96 and that collective on 94.3! With some of the players from them now involved with temporary license Easy Radio (which itself was a pirate until last year), there could be a bit of a drop in stations or personnel there too.

I was only counting the stations emanating from Dublin, not the ones that come from adjacent counties!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Insidethetent

Weak signal on 99.5 earlier heard in West Dublin, could this be another attempt by Galaxy (renamed KISS) from Wicklow?

Weak signal on 99.5 earlier heard in West Dublin, could this be another attempt by Galaxy (renamed KISS) from Wicklow?

I thought Galaxy (now apparently KISS) was from Kildare.

Fair point, maybe I'm mistaken about the location.

Picking up KISS FM very strong in Lucan area

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

I’m picking up a test tone signal on 99.5 in Dublin this morning, RDS saying ‘Standby’, Same pattern as Galaxy from Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cq99

Fairly strong in kinnegad

• Advertisement

Signal strength measurements from today (Leixlip, Co. Kildare)....

NDNjjf7.png

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Has Today FM 101.8 had its power upped? When it launched I remember disquiet that it would be lower power than the other Three Rock national services, but it seems on par with the RTE services there.

Stronger then kfm & 4fm hardly Not !

Guys have A ☆☆300-watt professional FM ☆☆☆transmitter now for sale PM me for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Cq99 wrote: »
    Guys have A ☆☆300-watt professional FM ☆☆☆transmitter now for sale PM me for more info

I recently wondered how powerful modern transmitters were and price point ? Asking for a friend :pac:

Anyone purchasing this should request complete equipment history I imagine

Report from south Dublin:

When I tuned in at lunchtime, Retro FM was not on 92.0 FM, as it normally would be on a Sunday. As a result, Energy Power AM had its own programming on 1195 kh MW (usually it relays Retro FM's live broadcasts).

I also noticed something curious since this morning. A mixture of oldies was being played on 99.5 FM, but it wasn't relaying Energy Power, as it normally would when it is on over the weekend. There was no ID - just automated music. I heard something similar on Friday evening - a selection of soul music. I have noticed this scenario on 99.5 before occasionally on a weeknight, but never on a Sunday (or Saturday for that matter).

The 94.3 frequency has been quiet all weekend (so far), which is relatively unusual.

EDIT: Update - Later on this afternoon, 99.5 FM was quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

FM seems very quiet in Dublin today.

Checked this morning and not much happening.

Anybody any updates?

FM seems very quiet in Dublin today.

Checked this morning and not much happening.

Anybody any updates?

Hot FM on 91.0, power has been restored in recent days. Briefly heard a carrier on 94.3, seemed same as usual transmission.

From outside of Dublin, I can hear the Kiss FM tests on 99.5 and RetroNow on 105.2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭KildareP

Kiss FM coming in quite well in North Kildare on 99.5, very nice audio.

Beat on 102.0 still sounding like a dodgy 90's era MP3!

Advertisement